Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of building a 4 bed house if you have the site ?

Options
  • 30-12-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,836 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say about €250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Smith_88 wrote: »

How long is the piece of string you are using?

Need a fair bit more info than what you have provided but you could use this also:
    https://selfbuild.ie/construction/build-cost-estimator/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Also would depend very much on where the site is. If you're in Dublin 4 (or some other salubrious location) it's going to cost you a damn sight more than if it was in, say Darndale or Ballyfermot.

Developers (including architects, builders, surveyors) need their cut because they're such worthy professional people.

They say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

I'd say about €250k.

Based on what information?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Developers (including architects, builders, surveyors) need their cut because they're such worthy professional people.

They say.
    What’s your profession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

They say.

I agree, You will get loads of people on here giving their 2c about regulations, bers, planning, qs etc. It happens everytime someone looks for advice! In my opinion (and I've went down the direct labour route myself) once some "professions" see a home builder they can become like sharks around a carcass! Id say speak to a few people in your area or close friends or family to see what their experiences were. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Salmon wrote: »
    I agree, You will get loads of people on here giving their 2c about regulations, bers, planning, qs etc. It happens everytime someone looks for advice! In my opinion (and I've went down the direct labour route myself) once some "professions" see a home builder they can become like sharks around a carcass! Id say speak to a few people in your area or close friends or family to see what their experiences were. Best of luck!

Fully agree, if you want expert advice you should be prepared to pay for it, would you bring your child to a Vet for medical advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stanford wrote: »
    Fully agree, if you want expert advice you should be prepared to pay for it, would you bring your child to a Vet for medical advice?

I don't disagree with the need to get expert advice but paying top money doesn't always guarantee the best advice for the consumer, in any walk of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

I'll agree with u there any time a self builder posts the are spoken down to by a select few on this forum. The professionals think we all should take out a mortgage for 300-400k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Casati

I'll agree with u there any time a self builder posts the are spoken down to by a select few on this forum. The professionals think we all should take out a mortgage for 300-400k.

A four bed house might be 1200 sq ft or 4000 sq ft and you won’t build 4000 sq fr for 400k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sharks around a carcass is a perfect anology. If I was going again using direct labour, as I'm not a tradesperson or even diy enthusiast, I'd hire a project manager who understands each and every trade, we've had few costly issues 8 years later with wiring and plumbing done arseways.

Advertisement