Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Purchase Issues

Options
  • 30-12-2018 11:48am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Quick query - anyone having issues purchasing anything on Steam as of yesterday or today? I bought something the day before with no issues, yet today - any time I attempt to purchase anything via the client or through a browser, the purchase page either just hangs indefinitely or gives me an error.

Paypal:
    There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Card:
    Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

I've tried googling but it tends to throw up results from years ago - people have gotten this before, typically during sales (something Steam has on-going at the moment). Wondering if it's just me - I feel there's no sense going via Steam Support as I wager it's a temporary thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm seeing plenty of chat about it on another forum alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happening to me lately. I usually get a text from the bank and reply to that and it goes through next try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Happened to me during the summer sale but nothing odd so far with this sale, most recent purchase was last night.

Advertisement