If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eltax Monitor ATM

Options
  • 30-12-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Was just wondering about these speakers.

In the product description it say "[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]They can be placed either on top of your existing front speakers or mounted on the wall just above."[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Does that above in an up-firing direction or can they be placed close to the ceiling in a down-firing direction.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Many thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gdsl1209 wrote: »
    Hi,

Was just wondering about these speakers.

In the product description it say "[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]They can be placed either on top of your existing front speakers or mounted on the wall just above."[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Does that above in an up-firing direction or can they be placed close to the ceiling in a down-firing direction.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Many thanks.[/font]
    Hi gdsl1209,

They are designed to be placed in an upfiring position as it bounces it off the ceiling to your listening position. You could in theory mount it upside down but I wouldn't recommend it as it would be much harder to mount and would be less stable.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gdsl1209

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I'd probably be better going for something like the Dali Alteco C1 then?

Does that have to mounted right up near the ceiling? Reason being is that I have coving going around the top of the room so speaker would be approx 3-4 inches below the ceiling.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gdsl1209 wrote: »
    Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I'd probably be better going for something like the Dali Alteco C1 then?

Does that have to mounted right up near the ceiling? Reason being is that I have coving going around the top of the room so speaker would be approx 3-4 inches below the ceiling.

Thanks.
    Hi gdsl1209,

The Altecos would be a better option as you can wall mount them and they can be downfired at your position without bouncing off the ceiling. They'd also give a better sound over the Eltax. 3-4 inches below the ceiling would be absolutely fine.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.