Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Help - need to dis/re-comment HDMI every time

• 30-12-2018 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    looking for your help as I'm a little stumped.
    I have the following set up....

Sat Box + X Box + Fire TV ----> all connected to AV Amp via HDMI
    AV Amp ----> HD Projector connected via HDMI

Problem: Each time I power on the system there is no sould.
    Work around: If I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI at the back of the projector then sound comes on.

I've no idea what the problem is, I have a workaround but its an a bit of a PITA.

Any ideas would be welcomed.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Just a quick question - when you say there's no sound, do you have speakers connected to the AV amp or do you mean that there's no sound from the speakers in the projector ?

Ritz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

The Ritz wrote: »
    Just a quick question - when you say there's no sound, do you have speakers connected to the AV amp or do you mean that there's no sound from the speakers in the projector ?

Ritz

Hi, thanks for responding, I mean no sound from the speakers connected to the AMP. However as soon as I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI from AV <--> projector then the sound kicks in.

thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Sorry, that's a bit of a puzzle for me anyway, I haven't encountered that, hopefully someone will have experienced this and be able to help.

Ritz.

Advertisement