Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macbeth

Options
  • 30-12-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

the English mocks are coming up in a month and I need to start revising Macbeth.However I don't have time to learn every essay off by heart.What would be the best way to learn Macbeth?How many themes should I learn?How many character questions should I learn ?Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The best way would be to read the play, see a production (or failing that, a film that is faithful to the text) and make your own notes on characters, themes etc., then make up your own answers using some quotes. By all means read other people's answers to other questions to see how they lay them out etc., but answer the questions in your mocks yourself.

That way you are ready for any question. It's how we did it in the olden days.

You could learn off twenty essays written by other people and none of them might address the question you are asked in the exam. It is actually much easier, less time-consuming and more productive to do what I suggest above.

Advertisement