Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing thread titles

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Beasty wrote: »
    I can take constructive criticism, but not criticism for the sake of it, and this thread seems to be suffering from the latter

That’s a highly subjective statement tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This is your solution? If you don't like mods using moderator privileges to take the piss out of posters while holding tomes of charters for acceptable and unacceptable behavior over their heads get lost? Got a complaint? Not arsed listening.

Where exactly did I use mod privileges to take the piss out of posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nobody is objecting to humour. Can someone actually explain the "joke" that was in this thread title change? As opposed to the O'Neill thread changes which actually were funny?

My read on it is, the first letters of each word were exchanged with the first letter of the following word.

To me, that's the equivalent of orally responding to a person saying "buh bah bah bah bah BUH bah bah" sarcastically.

It's certainly not funny, it lacks intellect and is essentially mocking. If I heard my son respond to someone like that, he'd get an earful from me.

While we're at it, let's write out a charter that outlines what exactly is and isn't funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

Beasty wrote: »
    I can take constructive criticism, but not criticism for the sake of it, and this thread seems to be suffering from the latter

It's not criticism for the sake of it's a potential solution to the issue raised in this thread.

If you can't see how a moderator using moderator privileges to take the piss out of posters might be an issue or think that suggesting stopping mods doing it is just criticism for the sake of it rather than a solution then perhaps the help desk forum isn't for you.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, second executive decision. Points are noted. Most of the Admin team and all office staff are AFK. We'll discuss the points raised and hopefully come back with proposals that take on board some of the points made

Thread closed, certainly for now, as I'm sure everyone who has had something to say has, by now said it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement