Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terramaster NAS Drive

Options
  • 30-12-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a terramaster NAS drive and I tried to connect it to my PC with an ethernet cable but couldn't access it.

I can see the NAS when connected to my network and I can map the drive. I just want to connect it directly to my PC to transfer a few TBs of data to it as doing it by WiFi is to slow.

I previously had a DNS-320 and was able to connect to it directly from my pc with an ethernet cable

Can't get this to work, is there some setting I need to change?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'll need to setup DHCP on the LAN interface of your computer so the NAS can lease from it. If this is word soup just move the PC so both devices can be cabled to your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

ED E wrote: »
    You'll need to setup DHCP on the LAN interface of your computer so the NAS can lease from it. If this is word soup just move the PC so both devices can be cabled to your router.

Thanks for your very prompt reply. However I don't fully understand.

Am I correct in saying:

1) connect my pc to router via ethernet cable and enable DHCP?

2) connect NAS to router via ethernet cable?

Sorry I don't get 'word soup'.

3) after that I can connect pc to WiFi?

4) disconnect pc and Nas from router and connect them to each other?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Connect both NAS & PC to router with ethernet cables and all will be good.

Alternatively you will need to set up your PC to do some of the work of the router (DHCP settings) if you wish to connect the NAS directly to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Connect both NAS & PC to router with ethernet cables and all will be good.

Alternatively you will need to set up your PC to do some of the work of the router (DHCP settings) if you wish to connect the NAS directly to the PC.

Thanks, connecting pc and Nas to router worked.

I also clicked on ipv 4 protocol (sorry not sure of the right word) on the lan connection on my pc and enabled DHCP.

Not sure if that will enable a Nas to pc direct connection yet because I've got a data transfer going.will try when transfer ends.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement