Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Tell that to the natives living in Longford who don't feel safe due to large numbers of immigrant youths hanging around the streets or the family of Sharon Coughlan.

Do you want to reply to anything else I said or just drag up a tragic murder that happened over 11 years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

john4321 wrote: »
    Do you want to reply to anything else I said or just drag up a tragic murder that happened over 11 years ago?

Ireland 2040 plan projects a growth of 1 million people in Ireland which will mostly come through immigration already 16% of the population weren't born here and those will probably have more children than the Irish as immigrants tend to have more children than Irish.

1 million is 25% of our population and already 16% are not born here so that would make 41% and bear in mind that it will probably be more than 1 million and also as I mentioned doesn't take into account that immigrants will have more children by then too so could easily happen.

Hardly just a tragic murder over 11 years as if the perpetrator wasn't in the country which he shouldn't have been that women would be more than likely be alive today. More of it is too come.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sister-disgusted-that-sharons-murderer-allowed-into-country-26346671.html

Ireland 2040 plan projects a growth of 1 million people in Ireland which will mostly come through immigration already 16% of the population weren't born here and those will probably have more children than the Irish as immigrants tend to have more children than Irish.

1 million is 25% of our population and already 16% are not born here so that would make 41% and bear in mind that it will probably be more than 1 million and also as I mentioned doesn't take into account that immigrants will have more children by then too so could easily happen.

Hardly just a tragic murder over 11 years as if the perpetrator wasn't in the country which he shouldn't have been that women would be more than likely be alive today. More of it is too come.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sister-disgusted-that-sharons-murderer-allowed-into-country-26346671.html

Can you quote any facts or is it all just hyperbole?

john4321 wrote: »
    Can you quote any facts or is it all just hyperbole?

16% of our population weren't born here

16% of our population weren't born here

I will take that as a no then. Thanks for proving my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

Hi gents I returned to Ireland 3 years ago now after spending 6 years in Australia. I don't know where to start about my disalusionment with how our country is been run I never have been political or vocal but the erosion of Irish culture is astonishing. Migration has been very good to me and I'd argue skilled migration has also been good for Ireland as long as its controlled and yes by controlled we let in genuine refugees but what we have now is totally unsustainable I remember 2006 2007 the Irish economie was so flush with money yet over night we were broke, Britian receives 10s of thousands economic migrants each year where are they going to go it's only fair to assume we will get a fair share oh and yea we will house them directly or through hap scheme.

Look at the governments 2040 plan where they are planning for a population on 9million.!!!!!!!!! Most of my mates have 1 or 2 kids the average European woman has 1.5 kids average age 30 muslims and Africans 4 kids by 26 you do .

The Irish abroad can have a huge say in the future of Ireland and if you ever want to return home to a country that vaguely resembled the country of your childhood

Please support the national party, Irish freedom party, renua, anti corruption Ireland the grand terrine website.
    Yellow vest movement

Give what u can there is a bit of a rising happening we need all your support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi gents I returned to Ireland 3 years ago now after spending 6 years in Australia. I don't know where to start about my disalusionment with how our country is been run I never have been political or vocal but the erosion of Irish culture is astonishing. Migration has been very good to me and I'd argue skilled migration has also been good for Ireland as long as its controlled and yes by controlled we let in genuine refugees but what we have now is totally unsustainable I remember 2006 2007 the Irish economie was so flush with money yet over night we were broke, Britian receives 10s of thousands economic migrants each year where are they going to go it's only fair to assume we will get a fair share oh and yea we will house them directly or through hap scheme.

Look at the governments 2040 plan where they are planning for a population on 9million.!!!!!!!!! Most of my mates have 1 or 2 kids the average European woman has 1.5 kids average age 30 muslims and Africans 4 kids by 26 you do .

The Irish abroad can have a huge say in the future of Ireland and if you ever want to return home to a country that vaguely resembled the country of your childhood

Please support the national party, Irish freedom party, renua, anti corruption Ireland the grand terrine website.
    Yellow vest movement

Some good points then ruined by asking us to give money to ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yellow vest movement

I'd support a plane ticket to send you back to Oz if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well we no know the racist gene in Australia is catching. Or did Forrachmore take it out with him.

Some good points then ruined by asking us to give money to ****
    All political parties fund raise FG got 4.5m off the goverment this year.!!! The so called right are at a serious disadvantage main stream media wont even debate the topic of immigration with them

• Advertisement

Well we no know the racist gene in Australia is catching. Or did Forrachmore take it out with him.

Seriously how is what I said racist please explain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

All political parties fund raise FG got 4.5m off the goverment this year.!!! The so called right are at a serious disadvantage main stream media wont even debate the topic of immigration with them

I agree the topic should be debated but not with far right scrum

I agree the topic should be debated but not with far right scrum

By not allowing the alternative view be heard you do run the risk of far right wing parties becoming popular.

The European elections how many times did you hear the issue of immigration brought up only by Peter Casey who I have no time for as he changes his mind like the weather unfair to class the parties I mentioned above as scum if you wanted we cld pick faults with every political party in Ireland and they would fall into that cathogrey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

By not allowing the alternative view be heard you do run the risk of far right wing parties becoming popular.

The European elections how many times did you hear the issue of immigration brought up only by Peter Casey who I have no time for as he changes his mind like the weather unfair to class the parties I mentioned above as scum if you wanted we cld pick faults with every political party in Ireland and they would fall into that cathogrey

You're telling people to fund a party who's leader attended Nazi gatherings in Germany....

Someone who just spent 6 years in a different country giving out about immigration.

We have hit peak stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yellow vest movement

Punctuation, please

Boggles wrote: »
    Someone who just spent 6 years in a different country giving out about immigration.

I have stated I have nothing against controlled immigration and said it can be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Fascist cockroaches aren't the brightest....

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

Someone who probably lived legally in another country. Look at direct provision complete most people there are complete and utter scam artists appealing their asylum application getting rejected. They shouldn't be entitled to a hearing they should be deported immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I have stated I have nothing against controlled immigration and said it can be a good thing

There is controlled immigration to Ireland... We do not need Nazis such as Barrett on the other hand...

• Advertisement

Fascist cockroaches aren't the brightest....
    Great just trying to have a civil discussion and you resort to name calling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Doesn't the Irish freedom party want us to leave the EU ffs. Go away out of that. I love how these idiots are now turning to the Irish abroad(I'm part of that) as the people back home won't listen to their nonsense.

Great just trying to have a civil discussion and you resort to name calling

A civil conversation, you inferred in your opening "statement" that the banking crisis was caused by refugees.

That isn't very polite or civil is it?

A civil conversation, you inferred in your opening "statement" that the banking crisis was caused by refugees.

That isn't very polite or civil is it?

Where did I say that???

RasTa wrote: »
    Doesn't the Irish freedom party want us to leave the EU ffs. Go away out of that. I love how these idiots are now turning to the Irish abroad(I'm part of that) as the people back home won't listen to their nonsense.

Mate many people will agree with you that's fine it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just a quick question do you think it's fair that every migrant that comes into this country is entitled to house dole HAP etc we cant look after our own for God sake.

Where did I say that???

Right there in your rambling nonsense.

Yellow vest movement

Country loads of money, refugees, hap scheme, something something. Broke.

I'd hazard a guess you are still in Oz, no way someone could be that drunk at this hour in Ireland.

Mate many people will agree with you that's fine it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just a quick question do you think it's fair that every migrant that comes into this country is entitled to house dole HAP etc we cant look after our own for God sake.

Well I stayed and looked after our own, you fooked off to Oz on the jolly.

Yellow vest movement

Is English your second language?

Well I stayed and looked after our own, you fooked off to Oz on the jolly.

I had no choice mate got made redundant had Bill's to pay got offered a job I cnt refuse stayed with the same company for 6 years and got my citizenship.

And by the way i totally admire anyone who stayed here and grafted it out but why are you now texted to within an inch if your life, does the ordinary working man who is paying rent mortgage, medical insurance, property tax, USC, etc not deserve a break. I now work in local goverment and the official stat for non Irish citizens on the council list is 1:3 I have a feeling this has increased its totally unsustainable what happens when next downturn comes. 480m was spent on HAP last year with even a door knob to show for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Seriously how is what I said racist please explain

You're questioning the mass importation of economic migrants from 3rd world countries to small towns in Laois. You need to understand the GAA will integrate them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mate many people will agree with you that's fine it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Love how all these supposedly Irish people start their sentences with "mate" like we all do.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Is English your second language?

Sorry gents didn't know this was a writing contest just having a friendly discussion on boards doing my garden. Yes grammar and punctuation is terrible but I don't really give a toss

I had no choice mate got made redundant had Bill's to pay got offered a job I cnt refuse stayed with the same company for 6 years and got my citizenship.

Utter nonsense, of course you had a choice man, unless you were forcibily trafficked to OZ?
    I now work in local goverment and the official stat for non Irish citizens on the council list is 1:3 I have a feeling this has increased its totally unsustainable what happens when next downturn comes. 480m was spent on HAP last year with even a door knob to show for it

Hang on you fecked off on a Jolly for 6 years and swanned no bother back into a county council job? How did that happen?

Also WTF has the HAP spend got to do with Brown people eroding Irish Culture?

RasTa wrote: »
    Love how all these supposedly Irish people start their sentences with "mate" like we all do.
    Sorry Bud

Sorry gents didn't know this was a writing contest just having a friendly discussion on boards doing my garden

You mean your elderly mothers garden? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Right there in your rambling nonsense.

Country loads of money, refugees, hap scheme, something something. Broke.

I'd hazard a guess you are still in Oz, no way someone could be that drunk at this hour in Ireland.

That's an leap that would break Olympic records.

Utter nonsense, of course you had a choice man, unless you were forcibily trafficked to OZ?

Hang on you fecked off on a Jolly for 6 years and swanned no bother back into a county council job? How did that happen?

Also WTF has the HAP spend got to do with Brown people eroding Irish Culture?

Ok so how did I get the job as an engineer in the council.

1. Valid degree
    2. Valid work experience
    3. Sit a comptancy based interview.

Guess what 3 people on the interview board deemed me suitable for the position.

After 1 year I applied for a higher position and got that.

You know well what HAP spend has got to do and if you don't I'm not wasting my time explaining

That is astonishing.
    You know well what HAP spend has got to do and if you don't I'm not wasting my time explaining

Oh what about been civil?

That mask dropped quickly.

That is astonishing.

Oh what about been civil?

That mask dropped quickly.
    Your correct mate it did, this thread just turned into a bitching contest

Your correct mate it did, this thread just turned into a bitching contest

All right "mate", enjoy the garden.

Give that shed a coat of paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Spends 6 years in Australia and then has a whinge about people coming to Ireland. You couldn't make it up.

You mean your elderly mothers garden? ;)

I'm trying to avoid Rowan into that train of thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ah here this is just drivel and lies. Clearly you don't understand the social welfare system

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Just one quick question Boggles you seem half willing to engage in a constructive conversation.

Do you have any concerns about the levels of immigration to Ireland. The type of migrant and the fact that if you raise your head above the parapet you are called a racist.

Ah here this is just drivel and lies. Clearly you don't understand the social welfare system
    Try me

Ok so how did I get the job as an engineer in the council.

1. Valid degree
    2. Valid work experience
    3. Sit a comptancy based interview.

After 1 year I applied for a higher position and got that.

I've white Dubs living beside me who get HAP, as did their parents, as probably did their fcuking grandparents. Our own idle class would put migrants in the Ha'penny place Rowan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sure he's a civil servant, the best the shed will get is a good coat of looking at :pac:

Just one quick question Boggles you seem half willing to engage in a constructive conversation.

Jaysus! :eek:

I apologize for giving you that impression.

:pac:

Sure he's a civil servant, the best the shed will get is a good coat of looking at :pac:

Brilliant, Coffee spat everywhere!

:D

Brilliant, Coffee spat everywhere!

:D

Hint of jealousy lads haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement