Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You really havnt a clue what your on about

Can you explain how someone can just move to Ireland and claim welfare without satisifying the Habitual Residence Condition? Or are you saying the Habitual Residence Condition doesn't exist.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

Hiw many muslim women are there in ireland? Answer that question 1st please.

Approx just under 100,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Who are the other 10,000 on the dole so?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You pay your taxes yet can't understand why we have 3rd world level healthcare and infrastructure.
    Because we are pissing away a fortune on handouts with many of those handouts going to people who don't contribute.
    We have enough of them here without adding more.

Jaysus - some hyperbole and nonsense there. First of all you make ludicrous claims about people coming in here and signing upto the welfare system straightaway. These claims are untrue. The Habitual Residence Condition means a person has to prove they are habitually resident here before they can claim. And then this nonsense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You've a source for that figure?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Jaysus - some hyperbole and nonsense there. First of all you make ludicrous claims about people coming in here and signing upto the welfare system straightaway. These claims are untrue. The Habitual Residence Condition means a person has to prove they are habitually resident here before they can claim. And then this nonsense.

Over 700,000 waiting for hospital appointments.
    Rents spiralling out of control.

Wake yourself up man

Approx just under 100,000[/QUOTE

I'm only assuming say 20,000 are married wemon what sort of percentage of them work once married

Valid question to ask about traveller wemon also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He said it's ok to give free money to lazy people because they will spend it.
    Lol. People before profit kind of stuff
    Actually it's more basic economics. An economy in very simple terms is sustained by money movement. As I pointed out you spending 20 quid in Tesco is the same 20 quid as a dole head. The economy doesn't care.
    (I'm not ok with my tax money going to parasites)
    Many things are funded by taxes and it's almost certain you benefitted from them when you weren't putting money into the kitty. Your schooling for a start was subsidised(even if it was a private school). Your parents would have been in receipt of children's allowance too.You have directly benefitted from public money before you were a contributor.

That's before we look at the wider social implications of cutting the "parasites" off. Crime goes up, public trust goes down and all the social issues that causes. This is something those who get a chubby for Ayn Rand and libertarianism choose to ignore, or do the usual well in the perfect libertarian state... Plus they almost never think they'd be on the wrong side of the wall in such a state. Then again almost without exception any of those I've met have been either woefully ignorant of the wider implications, keyboard warriors sucking up and parroting the American online guff(like the SJW/redpill/MAGA/etc types), studious types at school that do OK after still carrying a grudge cos they weren't liked by the cool kids, or utter fcuknuggets.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wake yourself up man

That has what to do with the long term unemployed?

I'm only assuming say 20,000 are married wemon what sort of percentage of them work once married

You went from 100,000 to 20,000....could we have a source for a figure please?

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    That has what to do with the long term unemployed?

It's all explained above.
    Wheel your race car pc chair back a little and scroll up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pretty much down to my aforementioned woefully inefficiency in the HSE and decades of government mismanagement on all sides of the Dail.
    Largely government mismanagement again, when they snuffed out the building industry in the panic after the crash, while avoiding the obvious demographics coming down the line. We went from having too many houses for out population and usually in the wrong places to too few and again usually in the wrong places. Which has bugger all to do with dole heads and immigrants figure pretty weakly in the equation too. There were fewer coming from third world countries after the bust happened for a start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

...it isn't. As pointed out by Wibbs, it has SFA to do with the long term unemployed - the long term unemployed that you label as 'wasters' for no other apparent reason than you feel like doing so.

You went from 100,000 to 20,000....could we have a source for a figure please?

CSO 2016 said 80000 from memory

Well on many matters I'm somewhere to the Right of Hitler, I certainly think multiculturalism is an utter crock that brings more trouble than it's worth and if I could fight it tooth and nail I would and I'm not seeing any evidence of a connection you seem to think there is.

Wake yourself up man

Is that supposed to prove we have "3rd world healthcare and infrastructure"?

Terry Pratchet

Is that supposed to prove we have "3rd world healthcare and infrastructure"?

Yes

Yes
    Then you've never been in the third world. Which usually consists(and the 2nd world too) of great treatment for the rich and bugger all beyond an aspirin for everyone else.

Yes

Piss poor argument. Not only that but you ignored the Habitual Residence Condition proving your earlier statements completely wrong.

Terry Pratchet

CSO 2016 said 80000 from memory

According to the 2016 Irish census the number of Muslims resident in the Republic was 63,443.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

We'll take it for the sake of argument that's a 50/50 male/female split. Seeing as muslims come from all over with varying traditions, there is no way - unless recorded by specific research - to guess at how many are unemployed, or unemployed by reason of religous faith. Certainly I've noticed female nurses and doctors of the islamic faith who wear the hijab, so relgiosity itself is no guide either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wemon?

Piss poor argument. Not only that but you ignored the Habitual Residence Condition proving your earlier statements completely wrong.

I'm right in everything I said. You can keep your head down,pay your taxes and put up with piss poor services if you want.
    That's your call

Habitual residency you are taking the Mickey any clown with half a brain can qualify with the liency and loopholes shown.

Habitual residency is not defined in Irish law

Yes

These would be the places where your relatives go to the hospital and set up camp outside it in order to feed you while you're in there.....

I'm right in everything I said. You can keep your head down,pay your taxes and put up with piss poor services if you want.
    That's your call

Only in your head kiddo, only in your head.

Habitual residency you are taking the Mickey any clown with half a brain can qualify with the liency and loopholes shown.

Habitual residency is not defined in Irish law

Can you give me some examples where people are walking in and qualifying straightaway for HRC?

Terry Pratchet

Only in your head kiddo, only in your head.

700,000 on hospital waiting lists.
    A never ending housing crisis

Dole bill of 1,172,600,000 per year

I'm right. None of that is made up.

Dole = who?

A breakdown of this total please?

And once more - what have those things to do with the long term unemployed?

• Advertisement

Dole = who?

A breakdown of this total please?

110,000 people signed on the live register.
    Multiplied by 205 (the payment)
    Multiplied by 52(number of weeks per year)

1172600000 euro

110,000 people signed on the live register.
    Multiplied by 205 (the payment)
    Multiplied by 52(number of weeks per year)

1172600000 euro

How many part time workers?

How many on fis?

Can you give me some examples where people are walking in and qualifying straightaway for HRC?

As stated it's not defined in law so it's a simple as cancelling you bank accounts in country of origin ,you are supposed to have a lease in your own name in Ireland any sort of tenancy agreement will do.

And by the very off chance you dont qualify you can apply for a supplementary payment

How many part time workers?

How many on fis?

Doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

So we've gone from 1.5 million to 110K to not mattering whether they're part-time workers or not.

As stated it's not defined in law so it's a simple as cancelling you bank accounts in country of origin ,you are supposed to have a lease in your own name in Ireland any sort of tenancy agreement will do.

And by the very off chance you dont qualify you can apply for a supplementary payment

Supplementary payment applicants need to satisfy the habitual residence condition. The exceptions are people who are working or self employed

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

Is this defined enough for you?
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Habitual-Residence-Condition--Guidelines-for-Deciding-Offic.aspx

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    So we've gone from 1.5 million to 110K to not mattering whether they're part-time workers or not.

The total bill for social protection is 20 billion per year
    And over 1 million employed people pay zero tax.

This needs to change. It's not sustainable.
    We should also be charging multi nationals the advertised rate and vulture funds should not be permitted to buy up large blocks of housing units and also escape paying a rate of tax

We should also be charging multi nationals the advertised rate and vulture funds should not be permitted to buy up large blocks of housing units and also escape paying a rate of tax

That fallacy was exposed by Wibbs, so I'm unsure why you're repeating discredited nonsense.

How does all that crap equal 1.5 million people on the live register?

It doesn't. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter.

Of course it matters

You are lumping everyone in on the same criteria

• Advertisement

How does all that crap equal 1.5 million people on the live register?

It doesn't. :rolleyes:

Nobody said there are 1.5 million people on the live register you idiot.
    There are 1.5 million people who receive social welfare payments of different sorts.
    There are 110,000 people on the live register

Yeah that's exactly what I said.1.5 million on the live register

Emmm...............................

Again, that notion of yours was explained and dismissed by Wibbs.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110452372&postcount=909

His post had nothing to do with workers not paying any income tax.
    There are just under 1 million

Do you not understand sarcasm. Read the posts before that.
    Actually quote them for all to see

Nobody said there are 1.5 million people on the live register you idiot.
    There are 1.5 million people who receive social welfare payments of different sorts.
    There are 110,000 people on the live register

Emmmm......................................

Supplementary payment applicants need to satisfy the habitual residence condition. The exceptions are people who are working or self employed

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

Is this defined enough for you?
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Habitual-Residence-Condition--Guidelines-for-Deciding-Offic.aspx

There is provision for a one off supplementary payment for persons who fail the habitual residence condition

Emmmm......................................

Yes 1.5 million people receive some sort of social welfare. Ie pension, children's allowance , medical card etc.

This is true.

Does it make sense to you yet?

There is provision for a one off supplementary payment for persons who fail the habitual residence condition

And this single payment you can live off for how long, exactly?

His post had nothing to do with workers not paying any income tax.
    There are just under 1 million

...who contribute to the economy by spending their income. Do you not understand this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement