Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    FF under Michael Martin are every bit as left wing as the Labour Party

Absolute Bull. Labour for all I can see have no economic plan so cant say where they lie on that front.

FF actively campaigned under a no stance for the 8th referendum. Labour for years have been campaigning for repeal.

Can you honestly say FF under Martin would have brought the marriage referendum to a vote? I highly doubt it.

FF aren't quite the free market warriors FG are but to say they are every bit as left as labour (still not that far left in fairness) is complete bull.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

Boggles wrote: »
    Yeah it was just poor campaign management that saw him get less than .7% of the vote.

Oh and the fact he is a complete and utter Fúcktard!

Is he more of a ****tard than Frances Fitzgerald? A lying fraud who ran out of her job ony because to not do so would have collapsed the government?

More of a ****tard than Rita Harrold, whose campaign posters tread a fine line between genuine and satire?

I'm all ears.

FF actively campaigned under a no stance for the 8th referendum.l.

No they didn't :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ClintPower wrote: »
    Is he more of a ****tard

Yeah.

I'd also suggest anyone that voted for him should be struck off the register for life.

Yeah.

I'd also suggest anyone that voted for him should be struck off the register for life.

Who do you suggest was a better candidate?

Serious question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Rowan is a snake oil salesmen. Saw his videos. Utter crap. Dangerous xenophobia and Eurosceptcism we don't need in this country.

Who do you suggest was a better candidate?

Serious question.

I'd suggest a rock covered in excrement would be a better candidate.

Serious answer.

Rowan is a snake oil salesmen. Saw his videos. Utter crap. Dangerous xenophobia and Eurosceptcism we don't need in this country.

While there is a need for skepticism re immigration and the EU, I somewhat concur. He's a boring, strange guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is he more of a ****tard than Frances Fitzgerald? A lying fraud who ran out of her job ony because to not do so would have collapsed the government?

More of a ****tard than Rita Harrold, whose campaign posters tread a fine line between genuine and satire?

I'm all ears.

the electorate of dublin certainly seemed to think so. his performance was abysmal.

Serious answer.

You're not answering the question.

Explain to me how Frances Fitzgerald, Rita Harrold or Lynn Boylan are better candidates than Herman Kelly.

Frances Fitzgerald was ran out of her job.
    Lynn Boylan has supported Islamic extremists and media censorship.
    Rita Harrold, I'm not even sure if she was a real candidate or a satirical comedy stunt.

Explain it to me, please.

• Advertisement

Serious answer.

Vote #1 rock covered in excrement

please give your second preference to ****ty rag on a stick.

You're not answering the question.

Explain to me how Frances Fitzgerald, Rita Harrold or Lynn Boylan are better candidates than Herman Kelly.

Frances Fitzgerald was ran out of her job.
    Lynn Boylan has supported Islamic extremists and media censorship.
    Rita Harrold, I'm not even sure if she was a real candidate or a satirical comedy stunt.

Not even a real candidate yet still got twice as many first preference votes as Hermann.

If you really need it explained to you why Fitzgerald or Boylan got votes then perhaps politics is not for you.

Sorry I'm out of crayons.

Not even a real candidate yet still got twice as many first preference votes as Hermann.

If you really need it explained to you why Fitzgerald or Boylan got votes then perhaps politics is not for you.

You're not answering m question.

You seem to think an economic illiterate, a bent politician and a cheerleader for Islamic extremists are better candidates than Herman Kelly.

I'd like you to explain why.

Sorry I'm out of crayons.

So you're not prepared to back up your statement with an explanation?

As I asked the other guy- explain how an economic illiterate, a bent politician and a cheerleader for Islamic extremists are better candidates than Herman Kelly.

You're not answering m question.

You seem to think an economic illiterate, a bent politician and a cheerleader for Islamic extremists are better candidates than Herman Kelly.

I'd like you to explain why.

Perhaps people are not as stupid as you think? Though there seems to be about 2500 in dublin who are definitely not the brightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Is it dangerous because you don't agree with it? I don't understand what's dangerous about his views he is opposing mass uncontrolled immigration which poses a legitimate threat to our countries values, exchequer and security. It's like the way people describe Trump or other populist leaders as dangerous despite the fact that they're views opposing democracy are even more dangerous considering Trump was democratically elected.

Perhaps people are not as stupid as you think? Though there seems to be about 2500 in dublin who are definitely not the brightest.

OK, I'll just give a single example.

Lynn Boylan supported an Islamist radical jailed in Egypt. She approved of the media sanitising the story of how he ended up there.

She displayed, in that instance, dishonesty and a willingness to curb opposing viewpoints.

How was she a better candidate than Herman Kelly?

It's a pretty basic question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Vote #1 rock covered in excrement

please give your second preference to ****ty rag on a stick.

I was always a fan of the auld inanimate carbon rod myself

kAVnAFe.png

• Advertisement

OK, I'll just give a single example.

Lynn Boylan supported an Islamist radical jailed in Egypt. She approved of the media sanitising the story of how he ended up there.

She displayed, in that instance, dishonesty and a willingness to curb opposing viewpoints.

How was she a better candidate than Herman Kelly?

It's a pretty basic question.

As opposed to herman kelly who has done what with his life?

So you're not prepared to back up your statement with an explanation?

Is calling someone a Fúcktard a "statement"? :confused:

Why don't you toddle away and enjoy your "day off", you must have something better to do than incoherently ranting and raving on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How much of that is dole.
    That is the total figure which includes pensions etc

The administration and miscellaneous welfare costs are probably double the actual dole dished out.

Pensions, disability, aged care and childcare subsidies are the bulk, dole is not that much.

Many people who would've voted for Hermann Kelly voted for Gemma O'Doherty instead who got over 10,000 votes

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Many people who would've voted for Hermann Kelly voted for Gemma O'Doherty instead who got over 10,000 votes

and you are basing that on what, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

It's like the way people describe Trump or other populist leaders as dangerous despite the fact that they're views opposing democracy are even more dangerous considering Trump was democratically elected.

Opposing democracy? What are you talking about? Has there been a movement for a run back of the 2016 US election I'm not aware of?

• Advertisement

Absolutely.

But I wouldndn't deem them to be "legitimately unemployed".

Legitimately unemployed is when there is a recession.

I get what you are saying, but there are certain people even at a time when there is a boom either won’t work (because they are latched in the welfare teat) or can’t work because because no employer would touch them with a barge pole.

Even Switzerland and Japan which are two of the most productive countries in the world is around 3%.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I get what you are saying, but there are certain people even at a time when there is a boom either won’t work (because they are latched in the welfare teat) or can’t work because because no employer would touch them with a barge pole.

Even Switzerland and Japan which are two of the most productive countries in the world is around 3%.

These useless ****ers should be given food vouchers rather than cash dole IMO. If they want cash dole they should be put to work a few hours a week cleaning public spaces, roadsides etc. I work nearly 50 hours some weeks to subsidise some waste of spaces rent, cans and weed.

Not to mention the ungratefulness. Lad I mentioned earlier, considering that without Fine Gael paying his rent and food he would literally have starved to death in a cardboard box when he was 18 he does some amount of moaning about the capitalist establishment (and I'm no fan of FG myself)

Is calling someone a Fúcktard a "statement"? :confused:

Why don't you toddle away and enjoy your "day off", you must have something better to do than incoherently ranting and raving on the internet.

I'm awful hungover and was on the bag all night.

Tell me, are Monday's a normal day off for your good self? Tends to be the way for a lot of lefties I've encountered.

These useless ****ers should be given food vouchers rather than cash dole IMO. If they want cash dole they should be put to work a few hours a week cleaning public spaces, roadsides etc. I work nearly 50 hours some weeks to subsidise some waste of spaces rent, cans and weed.

Not to mention the ungratefulness. Lad I mentioned earlier, considering that without Fine Gael paying his rent and food he would literally have starved to death in a cardboard box when he was 18 he does some amount of moaning about the capitalist establishment (and I'm no fan of FG myself)

Exactly, in Australia they now trialling in some areas welfare that use a cashless debit card. You can’t buy alcohol, tobacco, gambling or gift cards etc.

Also there is work for the dole, job seekers that do work in the community to gain employable experience. Of course the leftards always like to oppose these schemes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I love when the excuses get wheeled out for these guys :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm awful hungover and was on the bag all night.

Awful thing to call your Missus.
    Tell me, are Monday's a normal day off for your good self? Tends to be the way for a lot of lefties I've encountered.

Wouldn't know son, I'm right handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I've a direct question for you, but I doubt you will answer.

Can you explain how someone in Ireland in 2019 can be legitimately unemployed, at least anyone living in or near an urban area?

We now have lower unemployment than the Celtic Tiger era.

We're in the height of a bigger boom than the CT era.

How, exactly, can one currently be legitimately unemployed?

Illness, lack of qualifications, criminal record.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Absolute Bull. Labour for all I can see have no economic plan so cant say where they lie on that front.

FF actively campaigned under a no stance for the 8th referendum. Labour for years have been campaigning for repeal.

Can you honestly say FF under Martin would have brought the marriage referendum to a vote? I highly doubt it.

FF aren't quite the free market warriors FG are but to say they are every bit as left as labour (still not that far left in fairness) is complete bull.

No party has complete uniform of opinion ( SF did prior to toibin), just because a good few FF TD, s opposed abortion, does not change the fact that Michael Martin is overtly to the left both socially and economically

RWCNT wrote: »
    Opposing democracy? What are you talking about? Has there been a movement for a run back of the 2016 US election I'm not aware of?

All the people saying he should impeached and that there was Russian collusion also this "not my president" stuff people come out with if you are a US citizen he is your president even if you don't like it just like Leo Varadkar is my Taoiseach and Micharl D is my president even though I don't like that.

All the people saying he should impeached and that there was Russian collusion also this "not my president" stuff people come out with if you are a US citizen he is your president even if you don't like it just like Leo Varadkar is my Taoiseach and Micharl D is my president even though I don't like that.

i would have thought the impeachment process was an integral part of us democracy.

Look the real reason no one voted for Hermann Kelly or the likes is no one has ever heard of him although lefties would have believe they didn't vote for him because they reject his views.

Look the real reason no one voted for Hermann Kelly or the likes is no one has ever heard of him although lefties would have believe they didn't vote for him because they reject his views.

He's a supporter of leaving the EU, which is madness sufficient to dismiss him out of hand.

that's odd because you said this earlier

so which is it?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    No party has complete uniform of opinion

In fairness, in the case of Solidarity/ PBP all their representatives are unequivocally uniform in their stances on economic illiteracy, misandry and open border lunacy.

Odhinn wrote: »
    He's a supporter of leaving the EU, which is madness sufficient to dismiss him out of hand.

Your beloved SF were previously highly Euroskeptic.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »

I don't agree with leaving the EU myself but would rather we went to the EU to serve our own interests only and not the EUs or other member states interests similar to the Eastern countries.

Your beloved SF were previously highly Euroskeptic.

Yep. Wrong of them in my view.

I don't agree with leaving the EU myself but would rather we went to the EU to serve our own interests only and not the EUs or other member states interests similar to the Eastern countries.

To think that the EU will serve our interests exclusively over those of other member states is nonsense.

To think that the EU will serve our interests exclusively over those of other member states is nonsense.

That's true but that's why we put pressure on the EU to act in our best interests

That's true but that's why we put pressure on the EU to act in our best interests

They do, they also expect Ireland to act in the best interest of the EU. What sort of pressure do you think Ireland could bring to the table to force the EU to do something?

The comments section is brilliant! They should track down some of them and have them committed:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I know this has been asked already but I don't know if it's been answered but what part of our culture is being eroded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The comments section is brilliant! They should track down some of them and have them committed:pac:

Vast majority of them are illiterate idiots

Advertisement