Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I know this has been asked already but I don't know if it's been answered but what part of our culture is being eroded?

You won't get an answer to this, you will see it spouted a lot but for some reason they never follow up with an answer when asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The comments section is brilliant! They should track down some of them and have them committed:pac:

"There's too many indians. It's like they're in europe."

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

You won't get an answer to this, you will see it spouted a lot but for some reason they never follow up with an answer when asked.

Culture can be Described as a fluid state the planned mass multicultural immigration to Ireland will eroded the uniqueness of what it is to be u uniquely Irish. Well are loosing it more and more each day look at out shopping g centres villages we have lost all the Irish charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Culture can be Described as a fluid state the planned mass multicultural immigration to Ireland will eroded the uniqueness of what it is to be u uniquely Irish. Well are loosing it more and more each day look at out shopping g centres villages we have lost all the Irish charm

and what is it we have actually lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's High Street big-brand capitalism as she is goodly spoke, not immigration. I was at Mass yesterday (I pop along semi-regular to keep them on their toes and see who's dead around the place... :D) and it hasn't changed for 40 years, aside from a good sprinkle of Asian and Eastern European folk there.

• Advertisement

So that non answer is supposed to prove what? Is English your 1st language by the way? Can you name one Irish "culture" that has eroded/disappeared in lets say...the last 20 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

and what is it we have actually lost?

The ability to be quietly racist. It gets harder when there's brown people around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Grayson wrote: »
    The ability to be quietly racist. It gets harder when there's brown people around.

That reminds me - there was black people at Mass yesterday. Black, mind!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

So that non answer is supposed to prove what? Is English your 1st language by the way? Can you name one Irish "culture" that has eroded/disappeared in lets say...the last 20 years?

Timberrrr must be grateful to have so much time on your hands 13500 posts .!!!!! You contribute nothing of content for discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mass Immigration causing shopping centers to built which erodes Irish Culture.

Time to put down the crack pipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

jimgoose wrote: »
    That reminds me - there was black people at Mass yesterday. Black, mind!! :D

I saw a black person riding a sulky

Timberrrr must be grateful to have so much time on your hands 13500 posts .!!!!! You contribute nothing of content for discussion.

So you can't answer the questions and instead make some sort of childish comment about my post count which by the way is over 5 years:confused:

Is there a point you wished to make with that comment or would you maybe try to answer the questions i asked you? Otherwise (to coin a phrase) "You contribute nothing of content for discussion" .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

They do, they also expect Ireland to act in the best interest of the EU. What sort of pressure do you think Ireland could bring to the table to force the EU to do something?

Don't agree to sign up any of the EU pet projects like the Euro in the first place and reject an EU army. With Brexit coming down the tracks the Ireland should be putting pressure on the EU to back a United Ireland.

Also with regards to immigration the EU should be tightening border controls and turning migrants back from day one they should back Italy and all EU operations in the Med should be to prevent illegal immigration that would be looking out for all member states best interests. They should solely look out for th interests of members not the interests of NGOs, 3rd countries and organisations like the UN and WTO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Can you be specific about what well are loosing (sic)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Someone mentioned about when the people and the government at the time chose to stop the anchor baby residency law.

We do some stupid and arseways things in this country but that law change was without doubt one of the most intelligent decisions Iv seen in Irish politics.

It was an excellent decision

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Someone mentioned about when the people and the government at the time chose to stop the anchor baby residency law.

We do some stupid and arseways things in this country but that law change was without doubt one of the most intelligent decisions Iv seen in Irish politics.

It was an excellent decision

The left in power want that law revoked without a democratic process even though we voted for it. Shows the amount of respect they have for our existing non imported citizens

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The left in power want that law revoked without a democratic process even though we voted for it. Shows the amount of respect they have for our existing non imported citizens

Any evidence for this?

Which party called for it?

Nobody pays any attention to them thankfully.

We would be painting ourselves as a target. Why would they want that? Foolish people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

Any evidence for this?

Which party called for it?

That rat Paul Murphy tried to push it through, insisting it didn't need to go to referendum (technically true, however he primarily wanted too avoid a referendum because he knew he would lose)

• Advertisement

ClintPower wrote: »
    That rat Paul Murphy tried to push it through, insisting it didn't need to go to referendum (technically true, however he primarily wanted too avoid a referendum because he knew he would lose)

On this we can both agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This lad is stealing our culture. Already knows about 5 languages and is going for Irish next. Soon there will be loads of Mohammed's playing GAA and speaking Irish!!!!!!!!!!!

part of the global plot to erode OUR CULTURE!!!

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1140169266156773377

I couldn't think of who it was thanks for reminding me. What do you expect from red scum like Murphy fact is they genuinely want a communist dictatorship and are against democracy unless of course it suits them. At least you know where you stand with forgeiners that they don't like you but these will pretend to be the friend of ordinary Irish people then betray them.

RasTa wrote: »
    This lad is stealing our culture. Already knows about 5 languages and is going for Irish next. Soon there will be loads of Mohammed's playing GAA and speaking Irish!!!!!!!!!!!

While I can see it's in the north, there can never be a moral justification for the Irish government handing out houses to Syrian refugees in the middle of our worst housing crisis since the 50's.

Assist them, certainly.

But a permanent house handed out? It beggars belief, and not one politician with the balls to call it out.

I don't blame induvidual migrants who can blame for taking the opportunity which we are offering them. Targeting migrants is what I would call racist. What I do have a problem with is our government allowing large numbers of migrants which will result in all sorts of social problems such as crime, homelessness, unemployment and a burden on our society in the long run I mean only look at the UK and France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

While I can see it's in the north, there can never be a moral justification for the Irish government handing out houses to Syrian refugees in the middle of our worst housing crisis since the 50's.

Assist them, certainly.

But a permanent house handed out? It beggars belief, and not one politician with the balls to call it out.

Well it could have been one of the 5k+ that was turned down, I doubt it but families always get first priority and rightly so.

The only one I can think of who didn't get a house was that Cash traveler but she was playing the game. I'd rather she didn't get a house tbf.

RasTa wrote: »
    Well it could have been one of the 5k+ that was turned down, I doubt it but families always get first priority and rightly so.

The only one I can think of who didn't get a house was that Cash traveler but she was playing the game. I'd rather she didn't get a house tbf.

I'd rather the likes of Cash got nothing. However, we're stuck with them, and the sooner she is put in an actual council house the less drain it is via the HAP scheme, plus it puts one more rental property back on the open market.

so labour wanted to put a bill through parliament to change the legislation that was introduced after the referendum. What exactly is undemocratic about a political party introducing a bill into the dail?

so labour wanted to put a bill through parliament to change the legislation that was introduced after the referendum. What exactly is undemocratic about a political party introducing a bill into the dail?

If it was passed via referendum would there have to be another referendum to change the result?

• Advertisement

If it was passed via referendum would there have to be another referendum to change the result?

No.

No.

So if a referendum goes against government opinion they can just turn around and change the law again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thank god democracy works. It makes sure the likes of Hermann, Casey and Gemma get no where near any power.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thank god democracy works. It makes sure the likes of Hermann, Casey and Gemma get no where near any power.

No sh1t Sherlock

So if a referendum goes against government opinion they can just turn around and change the law again

You should really look at what was voted on before commenting. We voted to add the following to the constitution. I have bolded the part relevant to your question

1º Notwithstanding any other provision of this Constitution, a person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, who does not have, at the time of the birth of that person, at least one parent who is an Irish citizen or entitled to be an Irish citizen is not entitled to Irish citizenship or nationality, unless provided for by law.

2º This section shall not apply to persons born before the date of the enactment of this section

Yes. Instead we get stellar candidates like Frances Fitzgerald, Maria Walsh and.....you know what I can't even think of any more of the irrelevant spoofers by name.

• Advertisement

You should really look at what was voted on before commenting. We voted to add the following to the constitution. I have bolded the part relevant to your question

Is "unless provided for by law" or something similar depending on the topic added into every referendum?

A nice back door for undemocratic change if the vote goes against government wishes

Yes. Instead we get stellar candidates like Frances Fitzgerald, Maria Walsh and.....you know what I can't even think of any more of the irrelevant spoofers by name.
    Oh so democracy is bad then?

Is "unless provided for by law" or something similar depending on the topic added into every referendum?

A nice back door for undemocratic change if the vote goes against government wishes

Explain precisely how legislation being amended by the dail, on something that was voted on by the people with the proviso that the dail can subsequently amend it, is somehow undemocratic?

Explain precisely how legislation being amended by the dail, on something that was voted on by the people with the proviso that the dail can subsequently amend it, is somehow undemocratic?

People vote. Dail say no screw them. Turn it over

No democracy in that.

People vote. Dail say no screw them. Turn it over

No democracy in that.

The people voted. They voted to allow the dail to subsequently change it. the dail votes to change it. The dail is acting as we voted to allow them. So again i ask, what exactly is undemocratic about that? If you dont understand what democracy is just say so and we can move on but something does not become undemocratic just because they are doing something you disagree with.

• Advertisement

The people voted. They voted to allow the dail to subsequently change it. the dail votes to change it. The dail is acting as we voted to allow them. So again i ask, what exactly is undemocratic about that? If you dont understand what democracy is just say so and we can move on but something does not become undemocratic just because they are doing something you disagree with.

In my view that is not democracy. If a referendum was called on a particular subject then another referendum should be required if there is to be a change.

But as you have pointed out this is not the case. So be it. We just have to hope that those elected make the correct decisions for the country going forward

Makes you wonder why even bother with referendums in the first place

You'd be surprised I believe a large amount of people especially the working class are against immigration but no ones pushing it as an electoral issue and a large amount of the working class don't vote anyway. The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.

The only candidate that had an anti globalist anti immigration message with funding and public recognition was Casey and he came relatively close to getting a seat. So clearly there is some degree of an appetite there for politics that isn't nessecarily politically correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.
    Gimme a break , the Irish know kunts when they see them. Those scumbags will never get elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

lbc2019 wrote: »

She shouldn't bother. None of us should.
    Survival of the fittest

Gimme a break , the Irish know kunts when they see them. Those scumbags will never get elected.

Is that a joke the same country that voted in Bertie, Brian Cowen, Albert Reynolds, Charlie Haughey and the likes but yet "know kunts when they see them". What makes you think the Irish are any different to the Americans who voted Trump, the Brits that voted Farage and Brexit, the French that voted Le Pen, the Spanish that voted Vox, the Gemans that voted AfD and the Italians that voted Salvini.

If mass immigration becomes a major issue which it will in the near future the Irish will start voting for anti immigration nationalist "far right" candiates. Just like what's already happened across Europe and the West where mass immigration is already an issue at the forefront. I would preferably like to see these candiates get elected in the next election to prevent mass immigration becoming an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Is that a joke the same country that voted in Bertie, Brian Cowen, Albert Reynolds, Charlie Haughey
    All better than the sh1theads you and your ilk champion.

to the Americans who voted Trump, the Brits that voted Farage and Brexit, the French that voted Le Pen, the Spanish that voted Vox, the Gemans that voted AfD and the Italians that voted Salvini.
    All populist **** and showing themselves up for what they are...clueless scumbags
    If mass immigration becomes a major issue which it will in the near future the Irish will start voting for anti immigration nationalist "far right" candiates. Just like what's already happened across Europe and the West where mass immigration is already an issue at the forefront. I would preferably like to see these candiates get elected in the next election to prevent mass immigration becoming an issue.
    Dream on buddy....the fascist cockroaches that have wet dreams over this bollox will have to stay in their bedrooms posting sh1te on internet forums.

And if you ever do grow a pair and actually try organising something in RL Antifa will put manners on ye.

You'd be surprised I believe a large amount of people especially the working class are against immigration but no ones pushing it as an electoral issue and a large amount of the working class don't vote anyway. The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.

The only candidate that had an anti globalist anti immigration message with funding and public recognition was Casey and he came relatively close to getting a seat. So clearly there is some degree of an appetite there for politics that isn't nessecarily politically correct.

Ah yes Casey the ultimate "nearly" champion. He tried twice and failed twice yet is still the poster boy for the non PC.

Ah yes Casey the ultimate "nearly" champion. He tried twice and failed twice yet is still the poster boy for the non PC.

Not bad for a first timer entering politics I wouldn't be surprised if him and some NP and ACI candidates got elected to the next Dail. Altough I do think Casey is a Mé Feiner who goes with the wind and not a true Irish patriot.

All better than the sh1theads you and your ilk champion.

All populist **** and showing themselves up for what they are...clueless scumbags

Dream on buddy....the fascist cockroaches that have wet dreams over this bollox will have to stay in their bedrooms posting sh1te on internet forums.

And if you ever do grow a pair and actually try organising something in RL Antifa will put manners on ye.

In fairness antifa are a bunch of skinny nerds who hide behind masks because they are cowards.
    Iv seen more than a few videos of them getting the sh1t kicked out of them by trump lovers.

It's funny stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement