Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

batgoat wrote: »
    . So let's call a spade, a spade.

I see you're a racist now Batgoat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

It's incredibly relevant when you're praising a guy who has arguments that are effectively conspiracy theories about an evil world elite intent on executing the 'Kalergi plan' and QAnon nonsense as well. The Nazis also spread such conspiracies about the evil international elite.

Fyi, Godwin thinks the term is far less relevant to the present day. You didn't have Charlottesville marches back in 1990. I would classify Rowan as very much very so of the same type as those in Charlottesville. Expresses the exact same views. So let's call a spade, a spade.

https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/status/896884949634232320

You are doing Goodwin's Law all over again here, aka. insinuating that anybody who is right-of-centre or against open borders and mass immigration is some kind of Nazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

DS86DS wrote: »
    You are doing Goodwin's Law all over again here, aka. insinuating that anybody who is right-of-centre or against open borders and mass immigration is some kind of Nazi.

Would you prefer contrasts to the modern day Klan or Richard Spencer? There's a lot of ye doing a poor job of pretending to not be racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Also....you must also remember that Grand Torino is his pseudo name for online persona that you are seeing. He doesn't wake up in the morning yammering on about immigration over his corn flakes which I imagine the people who are calling for him to get a mental check up think.
    That's my point though, about it being deliberate. He is happy to exploit the gullible nitwits who fawn over him in here for money, the damage he and his very intentional lies and the bullsh*t he tries to spout on the back of them, cause to society. Frankly I have an even lower opinion of him for it than I would if he legitimately believed what he sh*tes on about. Disingenuous, bottom feeding cretins like him are an absolute cancer on society.

Definitely didn't have you pegged as likewise, though! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah the feral thing one of his favourite lines. The Irish "are ready to be barbarians again."

He's fully bought into the Q-Anon nonsense too, check this out for a laugh.

Words fail me... do people really believe this scutter?

The added reverb on his voice makes the whole thing sound like an absolute pisstake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Words fail me... do people really believe this scutter?

The added reverb on his voice makes the whole thing sound like an absolute pisstake.

I have friends in their early thirties who do. Hook, line & sinker. I don't know how they've made themselves so permeable to this scatological tripe as they're Irish. If they'd grown up in the US, I could understand possibly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Would you prefer contrasts to the modern day Klan or Richard Spencer? There's a lot of ye doing a poor job of pretending to not be racist.

It's not about pretending not to be racist. It's about disarming the justified calling out of the racist BS they peddle.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I have friends in their early thirties who do. Hook, line & sinker. I don't know how they've made themselves so permeable to this scatological tripe as they're Irish. If they'd grown up in the US, I could understand possibly.

Too much free time spent online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It's not about pretending not to be racist. It's about disarming the justified calling out of the racist BS they peddle.
    You see this alot on after hours. Usually pushed by the reregs to be fair.

Too much free time spent online?

Quite possibly. One of these chaps would fit that but another lad would spend a lot less time online.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's my point though, about it being deliberate. He is happy to exploit the gullible nitwits who fawn over him in here for money, the damage he and his very intentional lies and the bullsh*t he tries to spout on the back of them, cause to society. Frankly I have an even lower opinion of him for it than I would if he legitimately believed what he sh*tes on about. Disingenuous, bottom feeding cretins like him are an absolute cancer on society.

Definitely didn't have you pegged as likewise, though! :pac:

And RTE, CNN, BBC and other mainstream media outlets are also happy to exploit gullible nitwits who take their word as gospel on every single matter.

At least the Grand Torino and Gemma O'Doherty dont threaten to lock anybody up in a prison cell if they don't pay their salaries.

And RTE, CNN, BBC and other mainstream media outlets are also happy to exploit gullible nitwits who take their word as gospel on every single matter.

At least the Grand Torino and Gemma O'Doherty dont threaten to lock anybody up in a prison cell if they don't pay their salaries.

When have "RTE, CNN, BBC and other mainstream media outlets" threaten to lock anyone up?

When have "RTE, CNN, BBC and other mainstream media outlets" threaten to lock anyone up?

He's obviously talking about people being jailed for non-payment of their tv licence but he seems to think that it's RTÉ that do that as opposed to An Post.

Don't really know what that has to do with the shoite Grand Torina and Gemma O’Doherty spout and their credibility or lack there of.

He's obviously talking about people being jailed for non-payment of their tv licence but he seems to think that it's RTÉ that do that as opposed to An Post.

Don't really know what that has to do with the shoite Grand Torina and Gemma O’Doherty spout and their credibility or lack there of.

He mentioned CNN and other outlets so I wouldn't say it's that obvious. Nor even remotely valid.

Try and not pay your TV licence

I don't pay one as I don't own a TV.

He mentioned CNN and other outlets so I wouldn't say it's that obvious. Nor even remotely valid.

It isn't valid at all. At least mainstream news outlets are subject to defamation laws and can't decide to string together some random nonsense and make a conspiracy out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So if i dont pay my tv licence RTE will come and take me away to mountjoy? Would they send Ryan Turbridy do you think or do they most use the lesser talents in the station for this kind of work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't pay my tv licence, never had anyone threaten to lock me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nah they just physically throw out people who disagree with them out of hotels

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Worth noting the shooter in New Zealand last night wrote a manifesto called "The Great Replacement".

A theory pushed by Croft, O'doherty, Lauren Southern and many utter Sh1tbags alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

What an utterly vile woman. "49 people dead. How can this benefit me?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

francois wrote: »

Have reported the sick b/tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Proof if more proof needed.
    Disgusting bítch.

Exactly.

Rowan Scott and Gemma O'Doherty are extremist hate mongers and today she is trying to profit the deaths of 49 people. Vile.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Exactly.

Rowan Scott and Gemma O'Doherty are extremist hate mongers and today she is trying to profit the deaths of 49 people. Vile.

Im sure Jim Corr will have something to say on the matter as well

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Jesus christ. If you follow this crowd you are legitimately mentally ill.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

She’s off the deep end. Schizophrenia id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Exactly.

Who is Rowan Scott? New to me never heard of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Ha apparently he was a former Brit Army solider as well who joined in the late 1980s when they were off torturing and murdering Irish people.

Patriot my f*cking hole.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Ha apparently he was a former Brit Army solider as well who joined in the late 1980s when they were off torturing and murdering Irish people.

Patriot my f*cking hole.

Any evidence to that claim?

Stephen15 wrote: »

any evidence that he was a british soldier? He admits it

any evidence that he was a british soldier? He admits it

And what's people's point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

And what's your point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

I didnt make any point about him being an ex british soldier. You asked for evidence that he was and i helpfully provided it.

• Advertisement

He admitted it himself

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

And what's people's point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

The point about it is the hypocrisy. He uses the veil of 'nationalism' to hide his bigotry (racism, sexism, homophobia - he has the full gamut), yet he was nationalistic enough to pledge allegiance to the queen of England? Bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tan Torino has a new site, the height of self aggrandizement:

https://www.grandtorino.ie/

Note the desperate calls for donations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Birneybau wrote: »
    Tan Torino

:D

Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

'Take the necessary risks to extract the truth'

Haha

Links to Gemma o Doherty too. Absolute fruitcake.

• Advertisement

'Take the necessary risks to extract the truth'

Haha

Links to Gemma o Doherty too. Absolute fruitcake.

Don't forget Q!

https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1111511681568366592

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Throughout the entire Trump-Russia investigation, Q Anon maintained that it would come to nothing and there would be no indictments relating to collusion with Russia during the election.

The majority of the Western media pushed literally hundreds of stories day in day out and it turns out they were all fabricated lies.

So in the context of the Russia investigation it was the Western media pushing the wild conspiracy theories.

I'm not even going to go near THAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Note the desperate calls for donations

Does he have a page explaining the Oath of Allegiance he swore to the Queen of England?

Does he have a page explaining the Oath of Allegiance he swore to the Queen of England?

No, just pictures of the shed he wants to buy in his mother's back garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its important not to be at the mercy of censorship by randomers working in the facebuke and youtube corporations.

recedite wrote: »
    Its important not to be at the mercy of censorship by randomers working in the facebuke and youtube corporations.

Of course it is. For extreme far right racists like Torino. Facebook and Youtube dont remove content easily so he must be doing something wrong to be removed in the first place.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Of course it is. For extreme far right racists like Torino. Facebook and Youtube dont remove content easily so they must be doing something wrong to be removed in the first place.
    Facebuke is a bit like boards.ie in that random individuals, and a private company can control the discourse, censoring out any views they don't like.
    So in the same way that you, as a mod (though not a mod in this forum) just branded GT as a far right racist, facebuke have done the same to Tommy Robinson in the UK. GT is quite correct to take measures now to try to protect his own free speech and independence, before the same thing happens to him.
    If either of these characters were in fact engaging in any kind of hate speech, as opposed to just free speech, then there are laws in both the UK and Ireland for dealing with that. And plenty of people who would be very quick to report the matter to the police.

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released. That very expensive appeal was made possible by donations he had received through his youtube and facebuke channel "donate" buttons. It was only after justice was served that the corporations attempted to cut off his funding.

They were annoyed that money channeled through their media was used to free a man that had been unlawfully locked up.

What does that tell you about their respect for proper "due process" in a real court of law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released.

Or put another way (reality).

Stephens lawyers argued with the Court of Appeal not the Supreme Court on several points of law and technicalities that weren't followed.

He was by no means exonerated and he is currently out on bail and will have to answer the charges in a new trial.

Facebuke is a bit like boards.ie in that random individuals, and a private company can control the discourse, censoring out any views they don't like.
    So in the same way that you, as a mod (though not a mod in this forum) just branded GT as a far right racist, facebuke have done the same to Tommy Robinson in the UK. GT is quite correct to take measures now to try to protect his own free speech and independence, before the same thing happens to him.
    If either of these characters were in fact engaging in any kind of hate speech, as opposed to just free speech, then there are laws in both the UK and Ireland for dealing with that. And plenty of people who would be very quick to report the matter to the police.

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released. That very expensive appeal was made possible by donations he had received through his youtube and facebuke channel "donate" buttons. It was only after justice was served that the corporations attempted to cut off his funding.

They were annoyed that money channeled through their media was used to free a man that had been unlawfully locked up.

What does that tell you about their respect for proper "due process" in a real court of law?

Haha you can't even refute what I said that he is a far right racist just go on a long winded irrelevant tangent

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement