If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound bar without a separate subwoofer... max 250 euro

Options
  • 30-12-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi guys.
    any decent Soundbars for a 55 inch LG tv? max 250 euro but without a separate sub woofer unless built in. have been looking at Bose solo, Yamaha 105 and a Sony with a built in woofer but no idea how each compares to the other.
    it's for a sitting room so not a huge area.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

thekooman wrote: »
    hi guys.
    any decent Soundbars for a 55 inch LG tv? max 250 euro but without a separate sub woofer unless built in. have been looking at Bose solo, Yamaha 105 and a Sony with a built in woofer but no idea how each compares to the other.
    it's for a sitting room so not a huge area.

thanks in advance.
    Hi thekookman,

We don't stock Bose so it's not one I've heard. I have heard the Yamaha running and it is a great soundbar however if you're looking for a very good soundbar which has a built in sub I would go for the Q Acoustics M3 soundbar at £229:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13028-q-acoustics-m3-soundbar.aspx

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Hi thekookman,

We don't stock Bose so it's not one I've heard. I have heard the Yamaha running and it is a great soundbar however if you're looking for a very good soundbar which has a built in sub I would go for the Q Acoustics M3 soundbar at £229:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13028-q-acoustics-m3-soundbar.aspx

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David
    Thanks guys...still deciding with herself on what to do :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sorry guys,

Complete no Brainer- This has got to be the best all in 1 soundbar around for under €400 at the moment...literally a crazy price..

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201632-yamaha-ysp1600-titanium-silver-silver-soundbar.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted
    ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Yelworc14

Hi John Mc & Crew,

Exactly ,made up my mind .

Regards

John.

Yelworc14 wrote: »
    Hi John Mc & Crew,

Exactly ,made up my mind .

Regards

John.
    Thanks for the order John!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Complete no Brainer- This has got to be the best all in 1 soundbar around for under €400 at the moment...literally a crazy price..

Hi John,
    I bought the Yamaha yas 306 soundbar from yourselves a couple of years ago and am interested in your opinion of how good the ysp-1600 that you quoted above is compared to the yas 306?

I really like the yas 306 but there's almost no surround effect from it and I've seen reviews of the ysp 1600 saying it produces an exceptional surround effect coming from a single soundbar.

Also what's it like when it comes to producing sound from your everyday tv box like the Sky hd box? The yas 306 does a good job from most channels but can be hit and miss with others.

Many thanks

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,
    I bought the Yamaha yas 306 soundbar from yourselves a couple of years ago and am interested in your opinion of how good the ysp-1600 that you quoted above is compared to the yas 306?

I really like the yas 306 but there's almost no surround effect from it and I've seen reviews of the ysp 1600 saying it produces an exceptional surround effect coming from a single soundbar.

Also what's it like when it comes to producing sound from your everyday tv box like the Sky hd box? The yas 306 does a good job from most channels but can be hit and miss with others.

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp.

Thanks for the post.

In my opinion the 1600 is much better compared to the older 306.

The 1600 helps spread the sound which give the effect of surround sound and performs well even for standard television watching.

The link below is for it's What HiFi review:
    https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/ysp-1600/review

Let me know your thoughts.

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Many thanks
    Hi Hendrickp.

Thanks for the post.

In my opinion the 1600 is much better compared to the older 306.

The 1600 helps spread the sound which give the effect of surround sound and performs well even for standard television watching.

The link below is for it's What HiFi review:
    https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/ysp-1600/review

Let me know your thoughts.
    Hi Kenny,

If I were to connect a 4K player that includes HDR to this unit, will the HDR pass-through this device to the TV using the on board HDMI connections?

Also, is it only the silver version that's on sale for this price?

Hi Hendrickp,

Yep its just the Silver / Titanium YSP1600 that's at £199 / €229 - the black version is available from stock at £329 / €349 

From memory it does not pass Through HDR tho'

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Hendrickp,

Yep its just the Silver / Titanium YSP1600 that's at £199 / €229 - the black version is available from stock at £329 / €349 

From memory it does not pass Through HDR tho'

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Not passing HDR could be an issue. In your opinion how does this compare to the other Yamaha soundbar "Yamaha YAS207" with DTS Virtual X?

• Advertisement

Hi Hendrickp..

You just cant compare a YAS207 with a YSP1600 - they are really two different classes of product - the YAS207 is excellent for its price and really deserved its reviews but all the YSP product are top-end Yamaha and in terms of accuracy and surround ability they are superb and very little touches them.

..However of course the YAS207 does have a sub so the bass is enhanced with the 207 ( but not by much - the YSP1600 is no mean performer)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Hendrickp..

You just cant compare a YAS207 with a YSP1600 - they are really two different classes of product - the YAS207 is excellent for its price and really deserved its reviews but all the YSP product are top-end Yamaha and in terms of accuracy and surround ability they are superb and very little touches them.

..However of course the YAS207 does have a sub so the bass is enhanced with the 207 ( but not by much - the YSP1600 is no mean performer)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks so much for all the feedback with this soundbar guys. Now its time to see if the wife can be persuaded to have a large silver soundbar in the room. I'll be in touch.

Thanks again

Hi Hendrickp..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks so much for all the feedback with this soundbar guys. Now its time to see if the wife can be persuaded to have a large silver soundbar in the room. I'll be in touch.

Thanks again
    No problem at all Hendrickp :)

Hi Hendrickp..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again
    No problem at all Hendrickp :)

Hi Guys,

Just another few questions regarding the YSP 1600.

1. I’ve read a lot of stuff online that says in order for the full effect of the 5.1 surround sound to work, this Soundbar must be in a so called “perfect position” in the room. In other words, a small enough room with 2 walls to the left and right and a wall behind you. My TV room is part of an extension at the back of the house where I have a wall behind the couch and to my right is the very back wall of the extension which is made up of a door and window. However, there is no wall immediately to the left of the TV, it's much further away compared to the wall to the right. How much of an issue would this be in terms of getting that 5.1 effect?
    2. If I were to push ahead a buy it and after a few days found that it wasn’t working the way I need it to, would there be any issues with returning the item and would it cost me anything further to send it back?
    3. Lastly, you probably haven’t had this one before but could you tell me how long the power cable is please?
    [*]

Apologies for all the questions guys but I just don't want to push ahead with buying it without covering all the issues I might come across afterwards.

Many thanks

Hi Hendrickp..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again

Hi Guys,

• I’ve read a lot of stuff online that says in order for the full effect of the 5.1 surround sound to work, this Soundbar must be in a so called “perfect position” in the room. In other words, a small enough room with 2 walls to the left and right and a wall behind you. My TV room is part of an extension at the back of the house where I have a wall behind the couch and to my right is the very back wall of the extension which is made up of a door and window. However, there is no wall immediately to the left of the TV, it's much further away compared to the wall to the right. How much of an issue would this be in terms of getting that 5.1 effect?
    • If I were to push ahead a buy it and after a few days found that it wasn’t working the way I need it to, would there be any issues with returning the item and would it cost me anything further to send it back?
    • Lastly, you probably haven’t had this one before but could you tell me how long the power cable is please?

[*]

Apologies for all the questions guys but I just don't want to push ahead with buying it without covering all the issues I might come across afterwards.

Many thanks
    [*]
    Hi Hendrickp.

They do suggest this for optomal performance but should work in any room setup.
    No soundbar can re-create the full 5.1 experience like a separate amp and 5.1 speaker pack but they do the best they can given their design.

If the reviews or stuff online are putting you off the YSP1600 then it might be better to perhaps look at a different product.

If a product is purchased online and you want to return it because you no longer want it then it is up to the customer to return it to us boxed as new with all accessories at their own cost.
    Any missing items are subject to a replacement charge.
    Unit must be packaged in original packing to avoid any damage as again we can not be responsible for any damage to the unit might take on its way back to us if its not packed correctly. 
    Full T&C's for returns are listed here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-returns.aspx

It doesn't say in the manual how long the power lead is and i currently don't have one on display to measure.

I will try and call Yamaha to confirm this but its mental today here at the Belfast store so I might not get a chance to do this until tomorrow.

Hi Hendrickp..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again

Hi Guys,

• I’ve read a lot of stuff online that says in order for the full effect of the 5.1 surround sound to work, this Soundbar must be in a so called “perfect position” in the room. In other words, a small enough room with 2 walls to the left and right and a wall behind you. My TV room is part of an extension at the back of the house where I have a wall behind the couch and to my right is the very back wall of the extension which is made up of a door and window. However, there is no wall immediately to the left of the TV, it's much further away compared to the wall to the right. How much of an issue would this be in terms of getting that 5.1 effect?
    • If I were to push ahead a buy it and after a few days found that it wasn’t working the way I need it to, would there be any issues with returning the item and would it cost me anything further to send it back?
    • Lastly, you probably haven’t had this one before but could you tell me how long the power cable is please?

[*]

Many thanks

[*]
    Hi Hendrickp.

No soundbar can re-create the full 5.1 experience like a separate amp and 5.1 speaker pack but they do the best they can given their design.

If the reviews or stuff online are putting you off the YSP1600 then it might be better to perhaps look at a different product.

If a product is purchased online and you want to return it because you no longer want it then it is up to the customer to return it to us boxed as new with all accessories at their own cost.
    Unit must be packaged in original packing to avoid any damage as again we can not be responsible for any damage to the unit might take on its way back to us if its not packed correctly. 

It doesn't say in the manual how long the power lead is and i currently don't have one on display to measure.

I will try and call Yamaha to confirm this but its mental today here at the Belfast store so I might not get a chance to do this until tomorrow.
    [*]
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the swift response. Really appreciate it. 

I may be in a position to go and have a look at one of these here in Dublin tomorrow as I have found a company that sells them, albeit a lot more expensive than yourselves.....

That should answer a lot of my queries.

Thanks again

Hi Hendrickp..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks again

Hi Guys,

[*]

Many thanks

[*]
    Hi Hendrickp.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the swift response. Really appreciate it. 

I may be in a position to go and have a look at one of these here in Dublin tomorrow as I have found a company that sells them, albeit a lot more expensive than yourselves.....

That should answer a lot of my queries.

Thanks again
    [*]
    No problem at all Hendrickp.

Let me know how you get on with your demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Sorry guys,

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201632-yamaha-ysp1600-titanium-silver-silver-soundbar.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted
    ATVB

John Mc & Crew
    I presume there are no boardsie specials on this?

Irishder,

sorry Irish - at £199 / €229 I think we are the cheapest in the universe for the YSP1600 - but as ever if you DO see it cheaper just drop us a line - we are happy to look at any pricebeats.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭boccy23

Sorry guys,

Keep us posted
    ATVB

John Mc & Crew
    Apologies for jumping on board this thread.

I have a Samsung UE55NU7400 and I'm looking for a Soundbar. 

Would this be appropriate?

• Advertisement

Of course - Its a super bit of kit!

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Of course - Its a super bit of kit!

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John

What's the difference to this one?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201521-yamaha-yas105-black-soundbar.aspx

Hi Boccy,

they are COMPLETELY different units to be honest!

The YAS105 is a decent unit but the YSP 1600 is a far better unit, the YSP Sound Projection units series from Yamaha are their top-end units and have far better sound capabilities than the YAS series.

Keep us posted and we are happy to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi Boccy,

they are COMPLETELY different units to be honest!

The YAS105 is a decent unit but the YSP 1600 is a far better unit, the YSP Sound Projection units series from Yamaha are their top-end units and have far better sound capabilities than the YAS series.

Keep us posted and we are happy to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Perfect, thanks John. 

I will order it on line today. 

Thanks a mill for that - its a great piece of kit :)

Thanks for the biz - it's really appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Yelworc14

Thanks John Mc & Crew for the prompt delivery of YSP 1600 .

Great sound .

Also thanks for the call making sure it arrived at correct destination .

Yelworc14 wrote: »
    Thanks John Mc & Crew for the prompt delivery of YSP 1600 .

Great sound .

Also thanks for the call making sure it arrived at correct destination .
    Hi Yelworc14,

Thank you very much for your post! Delighted to hear you got sorted!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.