Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What HW to build around an Intel i9700k?

Options
  • 30-12-2018 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I have an i9700k. Now I just need to figure out what mobo, PSU and RAM to go with it. (I also have a 750ti that I’m going to put into it temporarily).

It’s been a while since I built a PC.

I don’t plan to overclock etc so I just a reliable motherboard that is compatible with the CPU.

16GB of ram? I just need to know what type.

And finally PSU watttage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tl;dw: get a Gigabyte Z390 motherboard.

Case: Silverstone RL06 is great for thermals at a reasonable price, as are CoolerMaster MasterCase, Fractal Meshify C.

RAM: Get DDR4 3000 / 3200 MHz with CL15 or CL16 timings. Faster RAM ends up giving diminishing returns in terms of perf/$.

GPUs: Wait until CES 2018 from January 8-12 before making your decision.

PSU: You'll be fine with most Silver/Gold rated units around 500-550W; going higher is great for noise though (many PSUs run without fan at <50% loads).

Advertisement