Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Correct wheel bolts for alloys

Options
  • 31-12-2018 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Evenin' all.

So I have a 2010 Punto Evo and the tyres need replaced.

I kept the tyres (at the time 3months old) with the alloys from my old 2003 Punto and was thinking I'd just pop those straight on, but obviously need to change the bolts.

From what I can see, the 03 Punto would have used M12 1.25 bolts but the '10 Punto uses M12 1.5.

Any advice on which size bolt I should go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

davelafaro wrote: »
    Evenin' all.

So I have a 2010 Punto Evo and the tyres need replaced.

I kept the tyres (at the time 3months old) with the alloys from my old 2003 Punto and was thinking I'd just pop those straight on, but obviously need to change the bolts.

From what I can see, the 03 Punto would have used M12 1.25 bolts but the '10 Punto uses M12 1.5.

Any advice on which size bolt I should go for?

The 1.5 is the thread pitch . So if the thread pitch is 1.5 on you 2010 hubs youll have to use m12 x 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The centre bore on the old Punto is bigger and there is 2mm difference in the PCD.

Aren’t the tyres on the Evo bigger too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The centre bore on the old Punto is bigger and there is 2mm difference in the PCD.

If the PCD is different then they wont fit anyway so it irrelevant what size nuts to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the PCD is different then they wont fit anyway so it irrelevant what size nuts to use.
    People have been fitting 4*100 to fiats for a long time using wobble bolts.

I don’t think it’s worth it in this case though as there are too many differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

People have been fitting 4*100 to fiats for a long time using wobble bolts.

I don’t think it’s worth it in this case though as there are too many differences.

I don't trust wobble bolts, my thinking is that if a wheel is not made for a car it shouldn't me 'made' fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Thinking myself they use Corsa hubs, they have a finer pitch bolt too. Worth the OP check this out or just swap the tyres over onto the GP wheels

Advertisement