Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your account log in page is terrible!

• 31-12-2018 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I'm constantly having trouble trying to view bills on the account page. Pages don't load properly, they show up blank, the bills don't load. Too much attention has been paid to the aesthetics and visuals without ensuring the basic functionality of viewing and downloading the actual bill is easy, or even possible.

I've tried on multiple browsers and having the same issue. Is there any link to a simplified account area that just works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thavid

cormie,

I had the same issue, it's apparently due to duplicate customer profile data (this especially affects returning customers). I did find a couple of workarounds for it:

- When the page gets stuck loading, stop the navigation and go directly to https://my.eir.ie/dashboard
    - If that doesn't work, try https://my.eir.ie/profile instead

Once you are able to navigate to steady territory, you need to unlink your old account from your profile, using one of the above links. The nuclear option is to call their customer support and ask to have your profile nuked and register from scratch.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thavid wrote: »
    cormie,

I had the same issue, it's apparently due to duplicate customer profile data (this especially affects returning customers). I did find a couple of workarounds for it:

- When the page gets stuck loading, stop the navigation and go directly to https://my.eir.ie/dashboard
    - If that doesn't work, try https://my.eir.ie/profile instead

Once you are able to navigate to steady territory, you need to unlink your old account from your profile, using one of the above links. The nuclear option is to call their customer support and ask to have your profile nuked and register from scratch.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks, I'll try that next time :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

cormie wrote: »
    I'm constantly having trouble trying to view bills on the account page. Pages don't load properly, they show up blank, the bills don't load. Too much attention has been paid to the aesthetics and visuals without ensuring the basic functionality of viewing and downloading the actual bill is easy, or even possible.

I've tried on multiple browsers and having the same issue. Is there any link to a simplified account area that just works?
    Hi there cormie.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with "my eir".
    Have you since been able to view your bills?

-Ahren

eir: Ahren wrote: »

Hi there cormie.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with "my eir".
    Have you since been able to view your bills?

-Ahren
    I'll try again when the next one comes about, using the method suggested above, but to have to do a workaround like this is hardly convenient and means there's still underlying issues with the site, which is probably happening to way more people than who would think to ask on or visit the boards.ie help forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

You can also try using the mobile app. It works slightly better than the website.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to have to download an app just to get an invoice :D 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to have to download an app just to get an invoice :D 
    To get My Eir to display correctly I have to use Incognito Mode in Chrome. That way I can view call history and my pdf bills. (I think it's due to cookies and cached data which Incognito mode handles differently - No surprise it isn't working correctly in a normal browser to be honest...).

Worked ok again this month... will post back if I run into the same issue again and see if any of the above solutions help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

I was having same issue for months. Incognito mode does solve the problem but the problem shouldn't be there in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Worked ok again this month... will post back if I run into the same issue again and see if any of the above solutions help :)
    Hi there cormie,

I am glad to see that this has now been resolved for you.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Hi there cormie,

I am glad to see that this has now been resolved for you.

~Kellie
    It hasn't really, as I said, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Unless developers fixed something with the site, but I doubt it or you'd probably be telling us :) So if nothing has changed, it's probably going to happen again :P 

And now vodafone have followed in EIR's steps:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057952077/1#post109311360

MBSnr wrote: »
    To get My Eir to display correctly I have to use Incognito Mode in Chrome. That way I can view call history and my pdf bills. (I think it's due to cookies and cached data which Incognito mode handles differently - No surprise it isn't working correctly in a normal browser to be honest...).
    It wouldn't load again but once I went incognito I was able to get it?!

Advertisement