Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Wildcard Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Anybody know what the Colts base defense is :)

Colts have been a bit overly conservative since the fast start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

About time they hit him, so close on the last few plays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

I still think the call was ok, sky's angle from across the sideline was good enough for me to say it was still in his possession, but only just

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Texans are burning so many seconds trying to get plays in and off.

Very poor execution IMO.

Hazys wrote: »
    I think the only way we ever a replay of that play ever again is if the Texans complete the comeback.

my guess is that the replay refs in New York are cheering hard for the Colts right now. That will get major scrutiny if the Texans complete a (n unlikely ) comeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Paully D wrote: »
    Texans are burning so many seconds trying to get plays in and off.

Very poor execution IMO.

He's obviously not able for hurry up.

Game!!!!

Colts defense playing zone on nearly every play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

• Advertisement

What the hell was that throw????
    Watson hasn't coped with the pressure at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Last three throws were as bad as you'll see from any NFL QB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Should be it

What the hell was that on 4th and 10? Receiver fall down? Miscommunication. Thanks to ESPN, I'll never know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Foxtrol wrote: »

That was the angle sky showed. Had control at that point but ball is out of hand very soon after as he falls but ball had already crossed plane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Yeah, hard to overturn that to be fair.

Goodnight Irene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Watson will get some focus, but the Texans D didn’t show up for the entire 1st half. Nice easy day for Luck. Some conservatism from the Colts in the 2nd half hindered them from adding to their score and an earlier end to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Colts @ Chiefs so

The most lopsided 21-7 game you will ever see. Even if you looked at the box score you wouldn't get a feel for how pedestrian this was for the Colts.

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Colts @ Chiefs so

Think I'll be taking the over on the points for that one. Mahomes would dice that defense up and Chiefs won't get near Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Think I'll be taking the over on the points for that one. Mahomes would dice that defense up and Chiefs won't get near Luck.

Mahomes dices them up? Let's see

Nice easy win for the Colts really.

Watson has to be looked at, can't be a checkdown QB in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

JJ Watt milking his camera time with Luck, that hug was the closest he got to sacking Luck all night

Hazys wrote: »
    JJ Watt milking his camera time with Luck

I really doubt it was on his mind.

The man gets far too much hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the Chargers beat the Ravens but now I really want Baltimore to win. I feel the Patriots will handle the Ravens, not so sure about the Chargers.

Colts are exactly the wrong team for Kansas too I think. They have a real shot at winning there. Mahomes will face a tough time against that Indy D.

I'm looking forward to Capt. Andrew Luck's next post with it being the 'Chiefs''.

Thoughts on the next game?

I think Seattle have the edge. Carson has been very good this year and Wilson is one of my favourite players in the league. Don't see Cowboys being able to stop them as much as they need to.

That said, this is the worst Seattle side on paper to make the playoffs in a long time. Everyone wrote them off at the start of the season, but Carroll and co have done some job.

I still don't think this Dallas team is great, however. But if Zeke goes off on one, then that could be enough. Dak has played better in recent weeks too. Cooper helping massively there.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Mahomes dices them up? Let's see

If they play that much zone I think the Chiefs will, especially if Watkins is back. It is somewhat difficult to tell from that game given that the Texans were terrible and the Colts were protecting a lead and aiming to stop big plays for most of it.

Colts have barely played a high powered offense at all this season and definitely not since they improved and made a run recently. Most recent team you'd put near that bracket would be the Patriots in week 5 and they put 38 points on them.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think the Chargers beat the Ravens but now I really want Baltimore to win. I feel the Patriots will handle the Ravens, not so sure about the Chargers.

I’d agree with that.

I could see the Chargers beating the Patriots but I’d give the Ravens very little chance as Belichick will put something together to completely throw Lamar and the offense the Ravens have been running. Although it’s hardly complicated - stop the Ravens from running the ball, force him to throw, and the opposition win. It’s that simple.

I think the Chargers beat the Ravens tomorrow anyway and then go to Foxboro and win too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

****ing he’ll the cringe is woeful in the changing rooms of the colts....
    Cameras should not be in the changing room

If they play that much zone I think the Chiefs will, especially if Watkins is back. It is somewhat difficult to tell from that game given that the Texans were terrible and the Colts were protecting a lead and aiming to stop big plays for most of it.

Colts have barely played a high powered offense at all this season and definitely not since they improved and made a run recently. Most recent team you'd put near that bracket would be the Patriots in week 5 and they put 38 points on them.

Giants put 27 on them and should have won.

I think it will be a shootout anyway. Not sure what way I'd call it at the moment.

Paully D wrote: »
    I’d agree with that.

I could see the Chargers beating the Patriots but I’d give the Ravens very little chance as Belichick will put something together to completely throw Lamar and the offense the Ravens have been running. Although it’s hardly complicated - stop the Ravens from running the ball, force him to throw, and the opposition win. It’s that simple.

I think the Chargers beat the Ravens tomorrow anyway and then go to Foxboro and win too.

I'm worried with how Rivers has played in past few weeks tbh. Ravens have the momentum and their D is still the best in football.

I think Ravens win, but yeah, I think you're right about vs Patriots then.

I liked the way Reich spoke to his players there.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    ****ing he’ll the cringe is woeful in the changing rooms of the colts....
    Cameras should not be in the changing room

Totally agree

Thought you could see the effect it had on Reich when he was telling the players they had 2 days off. Suddenly realised the media would be kicking him for giving players 2 days off before a playoff game and started on about getting their bodies right and watching film in those 2 days

Paully D wrote:
    Well unless we can magic up some snow.

I really fancy the Seahawks in this one.

Knex. wrote: »
    Thoughts on the next game?

I think Seattle have the edge. Carson has been very good this year and Wilson is one of my favourite players in the league. Don't see Cowboys being able to stop them as much as they need to.

That said, this is the worst Seattle side on paper to make the playoffs in a long time. Everyone wrote them off at the start of the season, but Carroll and co have done some job.

I still don't think this Dallas team is great, however. But if Zeke goes off on one, then that could be enough. Dak has played better in recent weeks too. Cooper helping massively there.

Feel Cowboys are by far the better team on paper and the Seahawks aren't the same when on the road.

Seahawks defense is now somewhat over-hyped after being written off in the off-season, giving up yards for fun recently. I think Zeke will make yards against them and once Dak has a passable game they'll be ok.

On the other side of the ball Wilson is always a threat but if the Cowboy's defense can put in a performance anywhere near what they did against the Saints they'll shut down the run and limit Wilson to a few big plays that won't be enough.

Cowboys to win reasonably comfortably for me (by 7ish points).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I think Seahawk win. With ease, Russell is much better than Dak. No contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I do too. Once it's a better game I'll be happy though.

EDIT: Suddenly wussing out on my Cowboys prediction earlier...

I need to start putting money on this.

Already the production on FOX is blowing ESPN out of the water.

Giants put 27 on them and should have won.

I think it will be a shootout anyway. Not sure what way I'd call it at the moment.

I was tempted to go the route of pointing out all the offenses with serious problems on offense that put decent points on the Colts but didn't want to start a riot :pac:

Yeah, I wasn't saying the Chiefs would definitely win but can't see how it won't be a shootout.

Already the production on FOX is blowing ESPN out of the water.

ESPN is good. Why is you crush them the testicle? Fox good too. But not one better than other.

What's the thing in Van Der Esch's neck? Been meaning to ask all season. Been bugging me.

What's the thing in Van Der Esch's neck? Been meaning to ask all season. Been bugging me.

"He’s got a cervical issue" - Mike Mayock - 2018

Google machine says this.

• Advertisement

"He’s got a cervical issue" - Mike Mayock - 2018

Google machine says this.

Clavicle it is.

The entire Seattle DL bit on that fake toss to Elliot. Could've been a nice play but the receiver slipped. Wonder if they'll go back to it?

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1081716604684193792?s=21

Jaysus! :pac:

Off his head is putting it mildly.

That's a nasty injury, could see his ankle busting out through his socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oh Christ his ankle completely snapped. Don't watch the replay if you missed it :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement