Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Wildcard Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

coco0981 wrote: »
    That's a nasty injury, could see his ankle busting out through his socks

Beasley looks compromised by injury at best too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

'Hope he can come back from it............. at some point'. Glad they clarified as he definitely won't be returning to the game tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Oat23 wrote: »
    Oh Christ his ankle completely snapped. Don't watch the replay if you missed it :(

too late, replayed it on Gamepass.....wish I hadn't. Awful injury. Just tackled awkwardly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That was horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That looked horrific on the replay. Hope for him it's a dislocation and not a break. Both awful but the latter could be much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The worst ankle break I've seen in any sport. Gruesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

dulux99 wrote: »
    The worst ankle break I've seen in any sport. Gruesome
    You didn't see Gordon Hayward then?

Seattle can't get anything going. Coverage looks tight downfield, nowhere for Wilson to go with the ball.

Tim Krumrie in the Super bowl v San Francisco was the worst i have ever seen, and so obvious on the TV coverage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Wow. That thing cracked like a chestnut.

kmart6 wrote: »
    You didn't see Gordon Hayward then?

I didnt....and I don't want to! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

TIL for me on the away team pain meds thing.
    https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1081730776243220481?s=19

The clearest face mask call you’ll ever see by Collins on Wilson there.

Missed, of course.

Can the home team not provide meds in that case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How did the defender get away with a facemask on Wilson on that third down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

eagle eye wrote: »

official not see

eagle eye wrote: »

sneeze on the QB during the regular season - 15 yard penalty. Twist his head off whilst simultaneously gouging his eye in the playoffs.....no call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Surely the Dallas staff would provide it immediately?

• Advertisement

sneeze on the QB during the regular season - 15 yard penalty. Twist his head off whilst simultaneously gouging his eye in the playoffs.....no call.

you like conspiracy theory like fake moon landing? They not see it, if they see it, they throw flag, is simple.

you like conspiracy theory like fake moon landing? They not see it, if they see it, they throw flag, is simple.

no conspiracy, they definitely call the games differently. That shove on Cole Beasley by Seattle #26 might have even drawn an unnecessary roughness too.

no conspiracy, they definitely call the games differently. That shove on Cole Beasley by Seattle #26 might have even drawn an unnecessary roughness too.

human error or just subjective officiating, or do you believe that they are mandated to do this, like a giant league wide conspiracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ESPN is good. Why is you crush them the testicle? Fox good too. But not one better than other.
    Post of the year for me.

human error or just subjective officiating, or do you believe that they are mandated to do this, like a giant league wide conspiracy?

I think it happens in all sports, big cup finals, the ref is more likely to give second chances or a talking to rather than a red or yellow respectively. The strike plate in baseball, NBA is notorious for having regular season and playoffs officiating.

In the NFL the refs tend to "let the players play" in the playoffs. Especially when you compare to the ticky tacky stuff they were mandated to call during the season.

Looks like they missed one on Zeke too on that last drive.

Giving the Wilson the ball now and having great results.

• Advertisement

Post of the year for me.

I would agree on post of the year bit, however ESPN deserve all the crushed testicle that comes their way.

I think it happens in all sports, big cup finals, the ref is more likely to give second chances or a talking to rather than a red or yellow respectively. The strike plate in baseball, NBA is notorious for having regular season and playoffs officiating.

In the NFL the refs tend to "let the players play" in the playoffs. Especially when you compare to the ticky tacky stuff they were mandated to call during the season.

you could be right, if so, this is very wrong, but is also a conspiracy.

Post of the year for me.

I would agree on post of the year bit, however ESPN deserve all the crushed testicle that comes their way.
    It was the Google translate quality of it that really made it pop.

I think you see the same thing in hurling, a lot of fussy reffing goes on early in the year to lay down a marker about certain actions, then for the closing stages there's a kind of collective decision to let the best teams go at it on their own terms. Probably a feature of a lot of sports really.

It was the Google translate quality of it that really made it pop.

I might throw my next few posts through google translate into German and back again. Might improve the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Again a bad decision. 58 yard field goal attempt. It's not worth the risk, and f you make sure you give the opponent great field position which Dallas just done.

This game has been pretty boring but that drive was pretty cool, especially the first down by Elliot on the sideline and the sack to halt the drive.

That miss could be big the way this game is going. Very tight. I trust Pete Carroll more than Jason Garrett with tactical in-game decisions in a close game. (playcalling from the 1 yard line with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield excepted)

Great grab. Seattle having better success chucking the ball deep than anything around the LOS

FG attempt looking very costly right now after that lockett catch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Elliot is one of the most consistent runners I've ever seen. Quality on every down.

It infuriates me as a Giants fan tbh, even more so that he looks like an overgrown man child and has that dumb eating celebration. Nevertheless, future HoF.

Cowboy train them before the halftime. Could be good game if needed to be chase.

Knex. wrote: »
    Elliot is one of the most consistent runners I've ever seen. Quality on every down.

It infuriates me as a Giants fan tbh, even more so that he looks like an overgrown man child and has that dumb eating celebration. Nevertheless, future HoF.

I would absolutely love a PFF podcast where they attempt to explain his ranking like they did with Trubisky.

Oh boy. Seabass hurt his hamstring.

That potential Janikowski injury is massive. Can Dickson kick goals?

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That potential Janikowski injury is massive. Can Dickson kick goals?

His dropkicks are dope I know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

He’s been practicing drop kick field goals - May get to see one now

First half was turd, show hope for a better second

Has Troy Aikman been crying? It looks like he's been crying.

Would love to see some drop kick field goals and kickoffs. Jaysus, Dickson's FG attempts look bad

First half was turd, show hope for a better second

I'd take this over the Colts v Texans fare from earlier. But I agree it was a bit turd.

Wilson go to toilet with spoon and ingest! Sicken. All game. Except one throw.

I'd take this over the Colts v Texans fare from earlier. But I agree it was a bit turd.

I like Colts so I enjoy it, but it might be bad game for neutral. :(

If Seattle don't get a defensive or special teams TD (or set up) I don't see how they can win this game.

Is it just me that's enjoying this game?

Proper playoff feel to it, IMO.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Is it just me that's enjoying this game?

Proper playoff feel to it, IMO.

I like the feeling that another score could win it for either team, but it's not had the magic/spark of a classic playoff game yet. Seattle offense just seems so flat.

Advertisement