Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pir sensor causing lights to power on and off rapidly...help

Options
  • 31-12-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm posting in the right thread. Here is the issue. I have two outdoor lights connected to a pir sensor. Now the problem is every time I turn the switch on to power them they flick on and off rapidly three times which is often blowing the original incadescent bulbs that were in them. Have left them off for last few years but wish to get them working again. Anyone have a solution to what could be causing this? Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

I have one of those sensors also. Why would you turn them off?

However Correct answer is to change the lights to LED's.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

The settings might be set to test you will have to adjust the time sensitivity and lux. Try that and power on and if it turns on and off 3 times it might be the sensors default setting

Advertisement