Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Approval in principle and putting down an offer

• 31-12-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering if anyone can help, myself and my partner have mortgage approval in principle. We got it online through AIB and have the option of uploading documents (p60s etc) onto the portal but we’d rather do this in person and haven’t gotten to do it yet. We have some viewings coming up and we’re wondering if you can put an offer on a house with just approval in principle, not full approval? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

You can offer but your bid might be taken more seriously if you have full approval that covers the bid.

Having said that I bought a new build earlier this year and when I met the auctioneer I had neither but explained my situation, that I was confident of getting approval, no chain etc and he was happy to take my deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauren131415

amcalester wrote: »
    You can offer but your bid might be taken more seriously if you have full approval that covers the bid.

Having said that I bought a new build earlier this year and when I met the auctioneer I had neither but explained my situation, that I was confident of getting approval, no chain etc and he was happy to take my deposit.

Thank you! That’s very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It doesn’t sound like you have proper approval in principal just yet. The underwriters won’t issue that until they’ve gotten all your paperwork and crunched the numbers. It sounds like you just have a very basic approval based on salaries etc. You need to secure the full AIP. You will get final final approval once you have chosen your property and the sale price is known.

Having said all that, there’s nothing stopping you in theory from making an offer. But you will need to have the AIP sorted by the time your bid is accepted and the process starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leburg

Just wondering if anyone can help, myself and my partner have mortgage approval in principle. We got it online through AIB and have the option of uploading documents (p60s etc) onto the portal but we’d rather do this in person and haven’t gotten to do it yet. We have some viewings coming up and we’re wondering if you can put an offer on a house with just approval in principle, not full approval? Thanks.

I would advise against going any further with AIB online drop into a Branch and talk to an advisor. I went through this last year and got full approval from the underwriters and found the process very slow. You submit your forms and once all is approved from the underwriters you can bid problem is if you miss house you update the portal with new house details and wait again,
    I found the process just didn’t have that personal connection you would get from an advisor in the bank.

I went with another bank as the advisor was great to deal with and answered any questions I had quickly something I just didn’t get from the AIB portal.

Advertisement