Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexplained change of address fee

Options
  • 31-12-2018 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Dear Liberty Insurance,

I have a fully-comp motorbike insurance with you. As I'll be about to change address soon, I decided to proactively update my registered address with you ahead of the move. To my surprise, I was informed that the change would incur in a €133 increase of my premium. I found that strange, since the area I'm moving into (Blackrock) is pretty much close by and as safe/peaceful as the one I'm still in (Carrickmines)

In order to better understand the calculations done to produce premium amounts, I then did a new simulation, entering my work address (Dun Laoghaire) on the detaiils. Well, surprise surprise, the exact same amount is seen as a premium increase! If this was calculated on an address-to-address basis, then surely Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire would differ somehow, even if it was just a matter of some euro cents, but no, same as when I put in the blackrock address.

Now, last nail in the coffin was when I decided to run another simulation using my neighbour's address (which is on the same estate, accessible through the same gated driveway, sharing the same parking spaces, and located on the same building floor, just across the hallway) and look at that, the same €133 is produced.

So, all that rubbish I've been fed by your agents about "uh, we do the assessment based on address" is all pure bs. Also, I had one of your agents telling me over the phone that the fact the motorbike would be stored in a locked garage on the new address wouldn't be making any difference on the premium, that it is solely calculated on address and driver profile.

For real!!??? I refuse to pay €133 due to *reasons* just because I’m updating my address (I’m not moving into a warzone). So, Liberty, can you give me a reasonable explanation for the fact that you are charging me any money whatsoever to have a database field updated, let alone this being €133 and without any reasonable explanation at all?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi thavid, can you DM me with your policy details and we can look into this for you. Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thavid

Hi thavid, can you DM me with your policy details and we can look into this for you. Lisa
    Policy number sent via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2 backfromCanada

People want to know how this matter is dealt with. Hide your personal details in PM but tell us about results. 

Advertisement