Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone to pc problem

Options
  • 31-12-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi
    I got a new laptop running windows and I can’t get my photos from my iPhone. The phone when connected to the laptop is charging the phone and laptop beeps as if it recognizes iPhone has been connected. When I open the photos to import pictures I can’t.

The driver says there’s a problem so I deleted the driver completely and reinstalled it but still get this problem think it’s code 10.

Is there anything I can try without having to go down the iCloud route. I’ve the laptop and iPhone both up to date with software.

I’ve been told that I need to get the phone jailbroken but don’t know much about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Be prepared to install and uninstall drivers until you throw something at a wall.

You'll have keep entering pincode/touch id'ing when you plug in the usb cable, while deleting & adding drivers.

Keep playing with them, and it will work. You may need to uninstall usb drivers for that device completely (when it finds something but not an iphone, or it shows the iphone but no DCIM/camera folder) and reinstall them and it will work.

I did this on w10 pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Have you try to install Itunes it should have all the drivers you need.

Some troubleshooting here, but probably you already tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Be prepared to install and uninstall drivers until you throw something at a wall.

You'll have keep entering pincode/touch id'ing when you plug in the usb cable, while deleting & adding drivers.

Keep playing with them, and it will work. You may need to uninstall usb drivers for that device completely (when it finds something but not an iphone, or it shows the iphone but no DCIM/camera folder) and reinstall them and it will work.

I did this on w10 pc.

Thank you. I’ll give that a go and hopefully get it sorted. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Make sure the phone is unlocked when you connect it to your laptop. You should be asked whether or not you trust the device

Advertisement