Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is China up to?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You piggy backed in on another post saying:

I disagreed pointing out there were 50 plus countries on the continent that weren't interchangeable and you came in with...

Now that reads like you agreed with the other poster but if you didn't you weren't very clear.

There's certainly confusion.

Spannerplank got all excited saying I thought Ireland in 2011 was well run. It clearly wasn't but, also as clear (it should be) is that it was still far better run than most if not all African countries.

Nobody as far as I can see has chipped in with any African country they think is well run. However, I totally agree with the assertion that allowing themselves to come under the influence of China is a bad idea, but they are so badly run (corrupt) it's easy pickings for the Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's certainly confusion.

Spannerplank got all excited saying I thought Ireland in 2011 was well run. It clearly wasn't but, also as clear (it should be) is that it was still far better run than most if not all African countries.

Nobody as far as I can see has chipped in with any African country they think is well run. However, I totally agree with the assertion that allowing themselves to come under the influence of China is a bad idea, but they are so badly run (corrupt) it's easy pickings for the Chinese.

The suggestion was made that Africa would be better off under colonialism, in this case china as they are incapable of running their own affairs.
    Do you think a regime such as China's is a good thing, treats it's own people well and do you think they'd have the interests of the indigenous peoples over their own profits? Exactly what would be better? Seems to me they'd be switching one corporate concern or overlord for another.

Read my last post Matt, it answers your question.

And if you wanted to keep the conversation to China you shouldn't have interjected a poor comparison re Ireland.

Read my last post Matt, it answers your question.

And if you wanted to keep the conversation to China you shouldn't have interjected a poor comparison re Ireland.

Nope I never made a comparison. I mentioned Ireland because we're Irish and that we all have issues running our countries. I never compared Ireland to any country in fact. It is and was about China 'investing' in regions of Africa. I'll leave your post for the ages thanks.

Nope I never made a comparison. I mentioned Ireland because we're Irish and that we all have issues running our countries. I never compared Ireland to any country in fact. It is and was about China 'investing' in regions of Africa. I'll leave your post for the ages thanks.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

theguzman wrote: »
    China needs external enemies to deflect public attention away from the Debt crisis within China and unite the people behind the current Chinese leadership.

Could you elaborate on this debt crisis? I'm just curious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Can you quote where I said that?

Post 41.

Shall I count the words for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,993 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tell you one thing the Chinese are not up to.

They're not reading this thread thinking we've figured them out.

Post 41.

Shall I count the words for you?

I'm just going to assume English is not your first language, that would at least explain it. Not sure if I can be accused of feeding, so I'm going to leave it there.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I really appreciate how China is progressing in the field of trade and business without entering into different battles. Maybe some of you could be unhappy, but I appreciate how they act against corruption and other economic issues to get financial prosperity. I think its the time when the US should also start removing its military coups from the world as it is a waste of taxpayers' money.

I really appreciate how China is progressing in the field of trade and business without entering into different battles. Maybe some of you could be unhappy, but I appreciate how they act against corruption and other economic issues to get financial prosperity. I think its the time when the US should also start removing its military coups from the world as it is a waste of taxpayers' money.

They've imprisoned Canadians on trumped up charges because the Canadians are holding one of theirs. They are a police state and any nay-sayers disappear. Peaceful I suppose. Nations should think hard and fast about having any dealings with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Tell you one thing the Chinese are not up to.

They're not reading this thread

Some poor sap out of the God knows how many they have monitoring the internet for any criticism of China probably has read it!
    thinking we've figured them out.

They think we think that they think we don't know what they are up to.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭sandbelter

Could you elaborate on this debt crisis? I'm just curious.

Current state of play in China's Property market and debt overhang. Combitaion of debt overhang, cross ownership and opaque financial statements.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-17/55-billion-reasons-why-chinese-property-developers-just-flash-crashed

A point about ZH, many of the contributes are frankly nuts, but ZH's economics and own politics are spot on...even if you don't want to hear what they are saying But's I'm hearing similar "word of mouth' stories from former colleagues in the banks.

As some point soon the Chinese government will move to ball them out......again. Just in cash you thought Ireland was loose with public funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭sandbelter

Have you run that past the Vietnamese (1979), Russians (1969), India (2017) or the Philippines/Vietnam/Indonesia/Malaysia in the South China Sea (post 2011), or is because non westerners are getting killed for injured your not noticing?

"but I appreciate how they act against corruption" ....is it April 1st? You clearly have no clue about the mainland Chinese....OMG...that's as funny catholic church saying its clean of pedophilia. It ain't Singapore no matter how hard China tries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement