Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is China up to?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I really appreciate how China is progressing in the field of trade and business without entering into different battles. Maybe some of you could be unhappy, but I appreciate how they act against corruption and other economic issues to get financial prosperity. I think its the time when the US should also start removing its military coups from the world as it is a waste of taxpayers' money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I really appreciate how China is progressing in the field of trade and business without entering into different battles. Maybe some of you could be unhappy, but I appreciate how they act against corruption and other economic issues to get financial prosperity. I think its the time when the US should also start removing its military coups from the world as it is a waste of taxpayers' money.

They've imprisoned Canadians on trumped up charges because the Canadians are holding one of theirs. They are a police state and any nay-sayers disappear. Peaceful I suppose. Nations should think hard and fast about having any dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Tell you one thing the Chinese are not up to.

They're not reading this thread

Some poor sap out of the God knows how many they have monitoring the internet for any criticism of China probably has read it!
    thinking we've figured them out.

They think we think that they think we don't know what they are up to.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭sandbelter

Could you elaborate on this debt crisis? I'm just curious.

Current state of play in China's Property market and debt overhang. Combitaion of debt overhang, cross ownership and opaque financial statements.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-17/55-billion-reasons-why-chinese-property-developers-just-flash-crashed

A point about ZH, many of the contributes are frankly nuts, but ZH's economics and own politics are spot on...even if you don't want to hear what they are saying But's I'm hearing similar "word of mouth' stories from former colleagues in the banks.

As some point soon the Chinese government will move to ball them out......again. Just in cash you thought Ireland was loose with public funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭sandbelter

Have you run that past the Vietnamese (1979), Russians (1969), India (2017) or the Philippines/Vietnam/Indonesia/Malaysia in the South China Sea (post 2011), or is because non westerners are getting killed for injured your not noticing?

"but I appreciate how they act against corruption" ....is it April 1st? You clearly have no clue about the mainland Chinese....OMG...that's as funny catholic church saying its clean of pedophilia. It ain't Singapore no matter how hard China tries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement