Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What error that is, exact wording?
    Did you try ipconfig /flushdns from CMD

Chrome tells me it's a "resolving host" error.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Chrome tells me it's a "resolving host" error.
    See this if haven't yet
    https://smallbusiness.chron.com/resolve-host-issues-google-chrome-46829.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Formatted drive everything is all good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Looking for twin monitor arm recommendations. I have a Duronic single monitor arm which is great, but for college this year I'm going to need two monitors. Prefer desk clamp type over wall mount!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

jebidiah wrote: »
    Looking for twin monitor arm recommendations. I have a Duronic single monitor arm which is great, but for college this year I'm going to need two monitors. Prefer desk clamp type over wall mount!

I have a Duronic DM252 on an 80cm pole, bearing two 24in monitors, above a 27in monitor and a laptop.

I love the flexibility of the 25 series.

• Advertisement

JoyPad wrote: »
    I love the flexibility of the 25 series.

I was looking at the DM352 as thats the same basically as my single one.

With the 25 series, do the arms extend and contract? It kind of looks like they might?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I was looking at the DM352 as thats the same basically as my single one.

With the 25 series, do the arms extend and contract? It kind of looks like they might?

Yes, they do. Looks similar to 35 series, with 2 arms and 3 articulations x 180 degrees. They both can accommodate monitors as small as 13in and as large as 27in, but I'd say there's not much adjustment if you have two 27in monitors (e.g. arms would be extended at maximum for width).

JoyPad wrote: »
    Yes, they do. Looks similar to 35 series, with 2 arms and 3 articulations x 180 degrees. They both can accommodate monitors as small as 13in and as large as 27in, but I'd say there's not much adjustment if you have two 27in monitors (e.g. arms would be extended at maximum for width).

Cheers thanks. On closer look I thought the articulated parts of the arms would themselves be telescopic. Looks like a decent set up and I can buy those arms to use with my current base.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Recommend this all day and twice on Sundays. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LH0L52S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKQBY8G/

I recommend this, works great. Went for it because I use different sized monitors and move them laterally based on what I am doing and the ergonomics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone ever used the Corsair RMX series PSU? Or the seasonic focus plus gold? Looking at both of those, 850W for RMX and 750W for seasonic. Also, anyone know what Scan’s return policies are like?

I know Amazon’s are pretty spot on, so I always tend to sway for them but there’s a good deal on the RMX850 tomorrow for £110 on scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyone ever used the Corsair RMX series PSU? Or the seasonic focus plus gold? Looking at both of those, 850W for RMX and 750W for seasonic. Also, anyone know what Scan’s return policies are like?

I know Amazon’s are pretty spot on, so I always tend to sway for them but there’s a good deal on the RMX850 tomorrow for £110 on scan.

Both are top range on the PSU tier list, and come with decent warranties so you'd just RMA directly with Corsair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I had an RMx 750 that was the business - fan was inaudible even with OC'd 5820K & 980 Ti at full load.

Only reason I sold it was cos it was already 2nd-hand and I got a good deal on a new 850W EVGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKQBY8G/

I recommend this, works great. Went for it because I use different sized monitors and move them laterally based on what I am doing and the ergonomics.

Looking to pick something like this up as well. These look ideal. A fair bit pricier than some others but looks to be worth it. Crazy average ratings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've had a focus plus gold die after 3 years but replaced under warranty directly by Seasonic without issue. Haven't used Corsair RMX but used the older AX series which was previous top end, it died just before the 7 year warranty ran out and was replaced without issue.

So they might die but the warranty has you sorted either way:D

I have the RMX 850 here. No problems with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ax850 i've had since 2011/2012 still working fine. Wonder how efficient it is now compared to day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Have an AX860i that must be pushing 7-8 years old.

Considering the 10 year warranty I'd expect it to last at least 15 years. It's never been pushed hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a RMX 850 in my Ryzen sytem but I have in my old unit a CoolerMaster PSU and it's still being used by my nephew. It's 11 years old.

Thanks lads. Had a Corsair TXM that I just got refunded for from Amazon after it died with not even 8 months usage... that’s why I’m half reluctant to leave Amazon as they refunded no questions asked, even past return date.

Corsair’s RMA only just sent my RMA a reply asking for more details a week later, so a bit slow. Have the seasonic on pre order with amazon but unsure how long that’ll be and the RMX is in stock tomorrow on scan, but about £10 more incl shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Everything has a failure rate. Its just unlikely with the better manufacturers.

Everything has a failure rate. Its just unlikely with the better manufacturers.

Ended up going with the Corsair RMX 850.. popped up on Amazon today with stock for £110. Should hopefully be here Friday/Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

As annoying as he can be I do like this series - which I know he nicked off other Youtubers but it suits his 'style'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Question on fan placement on a NZXT H510.

At the moment I have two 140mm fans as intakes on the front, one 120mm intake fan on top and one 120mm outtake fan on the back.

Is that fan setup optimal for my case? I've read something about positive air pressure being best for my case but I don't know what that means.

TitianGerm wrote: »

At the moment I have two 140mm fans as intakes on the front, one 120mm intake fan on top and one 120mm outtake fan on the back.

Is that fan setup optimal for my case? I've read something about positive air pressure being best for my case but I don't know what that means.

Positive just menas more intake than exhaust. Positive has the advantage of not pulling in air where you don't want it pulled in (unfiltered gaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Positive just menas more intake than exhaust. Positive has the advantage of not pulling in air where you don't want it pulled in (unfiltered gaps).

So mine should be ok the way I have it now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Positive when you provide more INtake - sort off inflating you box
    Negative when you sucking air OUT at rate higher than intake

TBH I've never seen a video online, or recent article that definitively answers the ideal set up. Hardware Canucks and Gamers Nexus usually do good case reviews and the former plays around with configurations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

TBH I've never seen a video online, or recent article that definitively answers the ideal set up. Hardware Canucks and Gamers Nexus usually do good case reviews and the former plays around with configurations.

Yup he has a breakdown of the case here:

https://youtu.be/sTWYifGSUXs

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixFt7h8fak

Advertisement