Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

A guy in the arcade/retro forum will 3D print stuff - you just need to provide the file to him

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057513983

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    My dumb marketing-monkey-addled brain is saying: sell X570 Tomahawk, 2 RAM sticks, Be Quiet 500DX.
    Buy B550 Gaming Edge WiFi & Phanteks P200A to go mini-ITX.

:pac:

If there's an ad for these up send me a link via DM or just send me your price forthem individually and as a bundle might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is it safe to start looking for a new GPU now, jesus

Finally got around to playing Control and the R9 390 GPU just doesn't keep up entirely, or the game looks crap on reflections. Very speckly, very noisy rasterization. Smooth frames, **** stills especially in poorly lit halls. And the lighting - the one reason to consider RTX, atmospheric games like this. Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Overheal wrote: »
    Is it safe to start looking for a new GPU now, jesus

Alas not yet, stocks are still lower than expected and its only marginally easier to get an AMD card than a Nvidea one.

AMD do stock drops on a Thurs at 5.30 ish, some of the lads have gotten lucky and snagged a card in these for retail prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone recommend a good set of speakers? My old ones were chewed to bits by my loving dog....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good set of speakers? My old ones were chewed to bits by my loving dog....

I have a pair of Denon Ceol Carino that I got from Richer sounds here on Boards. They are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Have you a budget in mind because that could go from <= €20 to the moon and back.

I had Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 (which cost ~ €140) which were brilliant but I just can't fit them on my desk anymore :(

I currently use the Creative Labs Pebble v2 (which cost ~ €30) which I find fine for what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Is it out of warranty?

I've checked and the warranty on Corsair's site is two years. I bought it on Amazon, but hopefully that doesn't matter, and it's covered.

I'll see how that goes. I might have a look at yer man's 3D printing option otherwise. I saw a few files online for it.

Cheers la.

SickBoy wrote: »
    Have you a budget in mind because that could go from <= €20 to the moon and back.

I had Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 (which cost ~ €140) which were brilliant but I just can't fit them on my desk anymore :(

I currently use the Creative Labs Pebble v2 (which cost ~ €30) which I find fine for what I need.

I was looking at a set of Logitech G560, but im not sure if they're actually worth that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was looking at a set of Logitech G560, but im not sure if they're actually worth that money.

I’ve a 30% discount for Logitech store you can try, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I don't do mining so I'm not sure how true it is but hopefully this leads to lower priced smaller cards going forward so people can still get into pc gaming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PGHk8UUgGk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

I got the Edifier R1700BT at the start of the year, love them and reasonably priced.

This is a great channel for comparing speakers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-MKyxKdanxpOBTx8wiY1w

Theres a few comparisons with the G560 you're looking at too

I can recommend the Audioengine 2+. A great set.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can recommend the Audioengine 2+. A great set.

Same here.
    Bit pricey tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I bought these Edifier speakers last year and have been very impressed. Can connect you phone via Bluetooth also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1010BT-Bluetooth-Reference-Multimedia/dp/B071YV97LK/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Edifier+R1010BT&qid=1620802408&sr=8-4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bought these Creative i-Trigue 2.1 Speakers with a Dell PC in 2005. Out-lived several PC's and survived several house moves. No longer used on main rig and now have them attached to my Bed PC Monitor. Cut a hole in the underside of my Divan Bed and the sub is basically under my back inside the bed base. I am still amazed at the sound these little buggers put out and the Bed and Back vibrating base!! :D

003095214_1-adb4eefd41b90c22ffc4b01df6e09b6f.png

RQjHmO9.jpg?1

Main Rig has a full Home-Cinema 5.1 Sub/Sat setup nowadays. KEF E305's

RueJkyK.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

On the x570 tomahawk , regarding the two antennas, do I need them? are they for wifi alone or Bluetooth?
    I don't have them screwed in and wifi is working fine, I can't seem to link my Sony wireless buds via Bluetooth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

You need the 2 black antennas plugged in to the back of the motherboard IO to get bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    You need the 2 black antennas plugged in to the back of the motherboard IO to get bluetooth

1 of the 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

1 of the 2.

That is what i thought originally when i bought this board and could not get my bluetooth headset to connect.I tried it with one antenna..changed holes and no nada no connection

MSI support when i contacted them said that BOTH antennas have to be connected on that board for bluetooth to be recognised.

Im still using that board now with both antennas and thank god bluetooth connection is fine if a little limited in range

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

I got a pair of harman kardon hk206 speakers with my dell computer back in 2001
    still going strong and sound great.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114796528487?hash=item1aba680367:g:BmEAAOSw3gFglHai

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Well just as I was looking forward to settling into the newly released Remaster of the Mass Effect series for the night and the weekend, I find that the Aorus PCIe 4.0 M.2 drive that has the OS in my gaming desktop has now failed. :(

Got a BSOD shortly after launching the Mass Effect Remaster, and Windows wouldn't boot afterwards. Then another reboot later, the OS was not detected at all, and subsequently neither the Debian, IPFire or Windows 10 installer would detect the drive. What luck!

Luckily I have a spare Samsung 860 SSD sitting on a shelf that I can reinstall Windows on temporarily to get me up and running again.

I think I might just get a PCIe 3.0 M.2 to replace it this time instead.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    That is what i thought originally when i bought this board and could not get my bluetooth headset to connect.I tried it with one antenna..changed holes and no nada no connection

MSI support when i contacted them said that BOTH antennas have to be connected on that board for bluetooth to be recognised.

Im still using that board now with both antennas and thank god bluetooth connection is fine if a little limited in range

Thanks, I cant get the 2nd one screwed in as my keyboard cable is connected just above it and blocks it, guess I should get a Bluetooth/ Wireless keyboard.

Pangea wrote: »
    Thanks, I cant get the 2nd one screwed in as my keyboard cable is connected just above it and blocks it, guess I should get a Bluetooth/ Wireless keyboard.

You do know the antenna are movable right?

You do know the antenna are movable right?

Thanks I thought it needed to be facing straight up I'm guessing I was wrong. i just tilted it to fit in so it's at an angle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I still have my old I-Trigue 3300 speakers from the early noughties

creative-i-trigue-3330-2-full.jpg

Oh god I thought my BSOD days were behind me , two weeks into my new build just got BSOD 'page fault in a non paged area'
    Any ideas? All i had open was a work email on outlook web browser on my second user account

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Taiwan has had its first lockdown this week. The first time its dealt with any material number of covid cases. It could hit the global semi conductor market once again.

• Advertisement

After nearly a month sitting in "Order Recieved" my PC finally went into production yesterday:

Advertisement