Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's everyone think about corsair getting into custom water cooling.

Their AIO aren't cheap for what they are so who knows what these will come in as. The GPU water block look good, and so does the D5 res combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Varik wrote: »
    What's everyone think about corsair getting into custom water cooling.

Their AIO aren't cheap for what they are so who knows what these will come in as. The GPU water block look good, and so does the D5 res combo.

TJEYGNEl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    TJEYGNEl.png

Could have added in a few more fans there KO

:)

And a nice desk fan blowing on side of the PC too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It could probably double as a drone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Quick question lads and lasses!

I currently have the NZXT H440 (White) and really thinking about getting a new case, something a bit more open.

I'm heavily tempted by the Lian Li PC-O11 and for the first time in my life, really keen on the idea of getting some nice RBG fans in there.

Questions are simple, anyone have this case or thoughts on it? Also, can anyone recommend a good CPU cooler like the Corsair Hydro H100i with space for 3 fans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Had that case for a while. I really liked it, it's incredibly impressive in person and incredibly neat, far more than pictures can do it justice. I'm thinking of getting another for my next build.

dPAwpR2.jpg

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Quick question lads and lasses!

I currently have the NZXT H440 (White) and really thinking about getting a new case, something a bit more open.

I'm heavily tempted by the Lian Li PC-O11 and for the first time in my life, really keen on the idea of getting some nice RBG fans in there.

Questions are simple, anyone have this case or thoughts on it? Also, can anyone recommend a good CPU cooler like the Corsair Hydro H100i with space for 3 fans?
    PC-O11 is apparently easy to work in, but my nod would go to something like the Cooler Master MasterCase H500M, be quiet! Silent Base 601, or Fractal Design R6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Had that case for a while. I really liked it, it's incredibly impressive in person and incredibly neat, far more than pictures can do it justice. I'm thinking of getting another for my next build.

dPAwpR2.jpg

It's a beauty of a case. Can I ask what, if any, fans came in the box?
    PC-O11 is apparently easy to work in, but my nod would go to something like the Cooler Master MasterCase H500M, be quiet! Silent Base 601, or Fractal Design R6.

I was actually looking at the Fractal Design R6 quite recently, but the Lian Li really appeals to me that bit more.

Kinda leaning towards the Corsair LL120, though getting a good amount of fans would be pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Rough guess 1500-2000 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Quick question ,

What's the expected lifespan on a CPU AIO cooler ?

I won a bundle of PC accessories and components a while back including a AIO cooler.

Cheers :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Quick question ,

What's the expected lifespan on a CPU AIO cooler ?

I won a bundle of PC accessories and components a while back including a AIO cooler.

Cheers :)

They tend to have a shorter lifespan than fan coolers but most users experience 3-5 years+ of good use. My Corsair AIO lasted only 3, then bought a newer model AIO. Sort of regret it though, CPU fan cooling has proven to have better performance etc

They tend to have a shorter lifespan than fan coolers but most users experience 3-5 years+ of good use. My Corsair AIO lasted only 3, then bought a newer model AIO. Sort of regret it though, CPU fan cooling has proven to have better performance etc

So 3-5 years ,

That's grand .

It's a GameMax Iceberg AIO cooler and I have it cooling an AMD Ryzen 2600X in a Thermaltake Core G3 case .

The case has a height limit of 110mm for air coolers and the AIO is keeping the CPU cooler than the AMD Wraith Max ,and is pretty much inaudible :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My AIO has been going nearly 5 years now and no issues. I hope I haven't just jinxed it.

I said in my previous post that I won the CPU AIO Cooler .

Here's a list of what I won altogether -
    - Arctis 5 Headset
    - Apex M750 TKL mechanical esports keyboard
    - Rival 310 gaming mouse
    - QCK EDGE cloth gaming mousepad
    - Noble Chairs HERO Black & Red luxury gaming chair
    - Phantom Mid Tower PC Case + 2 extra fans
    - 27” Curved Gaming Monitor
    - Iceberg 240 AIO Water cooler
    - 1050W Modular RGB Gold 80+ PSU
    481396.jpg

I always wondered if these competitions were real or rigged , and now I know that they are real :D

It was a competition run by Fanatical and PC Gamer .

It was well worth clicking on the link from the Fanatical newsletter :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Ohhh congrats :) I'm using the wireless version of the headset, it's pretty awesome!

nice! what is the monitor?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Ohhh congrats :) I'm using the wireless version of the headset, it's pretty awesome!
    Cheers .
    The built in DTS X mode sounds brilliant with it .
    Skerries wrote: »
    nice! what is the monitor?

It's a Gamemax Monitor .

Here's a link to it -
    http://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?id=477

The Gamemax link might not work , here's an Amazon link to the monitor -
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Max-Monitor-Refresh-Response/dp/B07FJNCB5J

The competition ended just after the new year , I meant to post my winnings here but forgot (sorry :o )

It came at the right time , as my mouse buttons were starting to act up ( R.A.T 5) , my keyboard was an Argos Special ( 5 euros or so ) and my chair was starting to show its age .

I would have been delighted to win one of the prize bundles , but to win all three was amazing :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Cheers .
    The built in DTS X mode sounds brilliant with it .

It's a Gamemax Monitor .

Here's a link to it -
    http://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?id=477

The competition ended just after the new year , I meant to post my winnings here but forgot (sorry :o )

It came at the right time , as my mouse buttons were starting to act up ( R.A.T 5) , my keyboard was an Argos Special ( 5 euros or so ) and my chair was starting to show its age .

I would have been delighted to win one of the prize bundles , but to win all three was amazing :D

:D

Oh it wasn't just a single prize? How'd you manage to win all three :eek:

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Oh it wasn't just a single prize? How'd you manage to win all three :eek:

It was three bundles with prizes from three companies (Gamemax,Steelseries and Noble Chairs ) revealed over three days , but all prizes going to one winner .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Headshot wrote: »

I'm impatiently waiting for this, the Acer Predator CG437K, or LG 38GL950G for my next monitor.

Love my Rival 310, it's near-perfect.

Still considering a hole-filled mouse though, like Cooler Master MM710/711 or Glorious Model O.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Looks amazing but wouldn't 43" be too big for a monitor? Unless you're maybe not playing FPS primarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mp3guy wrote: »
    I'm impatiently waiting for this, the Acer Predator CG437K, or LG 38GL950G for my next monitor.

Would they not be very big for sitting at a desk? I still find my 27" a bit on the big side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Looks amazing but wouldn't 43" be too big for a monitor? Unless you're maybe not playing FPS primarily?
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would they not be very big for sitting at a desk? I still find my 27" a bit on the big side.
    OSI wrote: »
    If it ain't UltraWide, it ain't right.

Having used a Philips BDM4065UC 4K 40" monitor on an 80cm deep desk for the past 3.5 years, I can confidently say that this size is amazing and definitely not too big. Having switched to the Alienware AW3418DW recently I can say I love the refresh rate but hate that it's smaller and I can go either way with ultra wide.

Love my Rival 310, it's near-perfect.

Still considering a hole-filled mouse though, like Cooler Master MM710/711 or Glorious Model O.

Yeah the Rival 310 is a really nice mouse .
    The Apex M750 is a really nice keyboard too (but not cheap ) :)

I have the Model O on preorder. No sign of it being shipped any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I have the Model O on preorder. No sign of it being shipped any time soon.

Where did you order it from? If it was from OcUK, they've a thread on their forums where the guy has been pretty good about keeping people updated.

Speaking of the Model O, I see CoolerMaster have also shown off a super-light mouse at Computex.

• Advertisement

would those holey mice not just be gunk magnets?

Advertisement