Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

TheDoc wrote:
    I know it might be nieve of me as I'm looking for a Ryzen 5 3600 and maybe I shouldn't expect anything to reduce around it (mobo,RAM) but I've waited three weeks and watched two of the parts in my basket go out of stock, now with a 1-2 months lead time.....

Black Friday has never been a day for individual pc parts to go on sale. It's more the extras like mice and keyboards than tend to get reduced.

The value is huge on amd already, it can't really get much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can you use two M2 drives at once?

I'm pretty sure there is only the one slot, under the graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RossieMan wrote: »
    Black Friday has never been a day for individual pc parts to go on sale. It's more the extras like mice and keyboards than tend to get reduced.

The value is huge on amd already, it can't really get much cheaper.

Yeah thats what I mean, probably naivety on my part but bought my parts, and my Dad doing the same

Although just reding up on Graphics cards for him, he has a RX 590 as part of his built, think he's coming from a card I gave him like 6 years ago so just seeing if hes getting bang for his 200 bucks

Black Friday is always about Amazon trying to clear out their cheap Chinese imitation crap.
    You can get some good deals on keyboards, mice, ssd's, etc but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah thats what I mean, probably naivety on my part but bought my parts, and my Dad doing the same

Although just reding up on Graphics cards for him, he has a RX 590 as part of his built, think he's coming from a card I gave him like 6 years ago so just seeing if hes getting bang for his 200 bucks

GTX 1650 Super is a better buy than RX 590 for sub-€200 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Considering upgrading my gpu, that or upgrading my Ryzen 1600 to a 3600.

What kinda money do you think I'd get for a Red Dragon Vega 56?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    GTX 1650 Super is a better buy than RX 590 for sub-€200 now.

Cheers passed that onto him.

He's actually a big AMD fan and tends to make all his builds around that. Telling me he has my old 560TI graphics card in his machine, because an old AMD I gave him (was like some R9 model) broke a while back so he still had my old old GPU

So whatever he gets he is going to get a serious lift I'd say in performance haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Reassembled my convertible (laptop/tablet) after new SSD install, just discovered the trackpad isn't connected.

F

M

L

About 100 screws to come back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

xtal191 wrote: »
    Considering upgrading my gpu, that or upgrading my Ryzen 1600 to a 3600.

What kinda money do you think I'd get for a Red Dragon Vega 56?

€200 or so.
    You'd need to get an RTX 2060/Super / RX 5700 or above to see a substantial improvement.
    CPU upgrade might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Homelander wrote: »

Surely you meant to post that in the Bargain thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Surely you meant to post that in the Bargain thread ;)

Surely you can't be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Surely you can't be serious.

Stop calling me Shirley...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The sad thing is some clueless parent will probably buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Jaysus, thought id have trouble giving away my fx6300 + HD7970 build if I ever upgrade, but might put it up for €1000. Bargain compared to that surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

haha holy ****, I gave my fx6300 + 7870xt to my mate for free should I send them a bill for a grand?? also I had a look at his twitch channel and there is one clip of him playing unturned at what looks like 5fps

.G. wrote: »
    The sad thing is some clueless parent will probably buy it.

Perhaps a comment?

Perhaps a comment?

Its donedeal, there are no comments.

Its donedeal, there are no comments.

What do I know never used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think he accidentally stuck a 1 in front of that number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Black Friday is always about Amazon trying to clear out their cheap Chinese imitation crap.
    You can get some good deals on keyboards, mice, ssd's, etc but that's about it.

i was having a bit of hope to get some parts :< surely these supplier would like to take advantage of black friday? i bet in US most people renew their rig every year this week

Have the urge to change case again. I do that alot. Really like the look of the Lian Li pc o11 dynamic, trouble is I only got a Corsair Crystal 570x about 18 months ago, it's still perfect. Might get a decent price for that on adverts. Decisions.

Have the urge to change case again. I do that alot. Really like the look of the Lian Li pc o11 dynamic, trouble is I only got a Corsair Crystal 570x about 18 months ago, it's still perfect. Might get a decent price for that on adverts. Decisions.

You sound like me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ill be disappointed if one to buy a Lian Li O11 without having like 9+ RGB fans :pac:

speaking of which, i always bookmark for X part and then set an alert if i could (use camel3 with amazon for example), that way no impulse buy for me! and the price is discounted hence the purchase is justified...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Lads picked up a 2700 can anyone recommend a good matx Mobo with WiFi.

Folks just reading about my incoming parts.

MSI Tonahawk Max and Ryzen 5 3600. Reading the bios needs updating ?

Saw a video from MSI themselves showing how to update bios from USB. Handy I came across it as I can prep that now.

Is it possible maybe my mobo can be ready to use Ryzen and if so how do I tell before building?

Don’t want to put this all together to have to take apart

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Has MAX in the name so should ship with a Ryzen 3000 compatible bios but it will need another newer bios installed once you get it for stability issues and what not.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ill be disappointed if one to buy a Lian Li O11 without having like 9+ RGB fans :pac:

speaking of which, i always bookmark for X part and then set an alert if i could (use camel3 with amazon for example), that way no impulse buy for me! and the price is discounted hence the purchase is justified...:P

RGB fans is something I have a lot of! 3 of them will have to go with the 570x though. Maybe newer RGB fans will get a price reduction soon ;)

As for the price of the case, I'm secretly hoping its gets a discount on cyber Monday or somewhere else along the line so I can do what you do and justify its purchase :D

Has MAX in the name so should ship with a Ryzen 3000 compatible bios but it will need another newer bios installed once you get it for stability issues and what not.

Should I do the bios update from usb? Or just install very thing and bios update on first post ?

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Should I do the bios update from usb? Or just install very thing and bios update on first post ?

Either way uses a USB stick. It'll already run cos its a MAX board so I'd just install everything then download and flash the newest bios from the bios flash tool. Up[date the AMD chipset driver too.

Advertisement