Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That above video. I just got to the part near the end where AdoredTv has reported Intel to the FTC and stated he can also offer his services to the FTC to do a more thorough investigation. That bit made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Take a look at the Gigabyte Gaming OC variant as well - very similar price, and was picked as best pound-for-pound card by GamersNexus

Yeah just watched that video this morning and as you say they picked the Gigabyte card but they frequently reference the pulse as a close second.

I have a three fan 1070 and if I can go back to 2 to reduce the space it takes probably prefer that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Still a hell of a lot to pay for a 5700xt though.

I got the XFX DD 5700 for £299. You're paying a lot more for maybe 10% better performance. Doesn't seem worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MRTULES wrote: »
    Folks, I'm looking for any recommendations on a budget 27inch 1080p monitor please.
    Currently thinking about this one for €150 in Currys
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/samsung-s27f354-full-hd-27-led-monitor-black-10198989-pdt.html

Thanks

Have a look at this. Down to €130 (+ shipping to Ireland) on Amazon.it.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/acer-nitro-qg271-27-full-hd-va-freesync-75hz-1ms-led-monitor-for-12110-delivered-at-amazon-italy-3359563

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thanks for that but shipping was bringing it to over 150.
    I just picked this up for 115 so we'll see how it goes
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KTG2B4X/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Have any of ye used Parcel motel to get UK only stuff from Amazon or elsewhere?

Eyeballing a bargain of a monitor but they won't deliver to Ireland.

Any issues with Parcel Motel? Did you get the home delivery or collection?

Do you prepay or cash on collection?

The monitor is the same as the pixio px275h which reviews excellently for it's price which is insanely low for the specifications compared to others especially after calibration.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TXHBWMK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1CAORI1L0FBRC&psc=1

Review for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I use it all the time it's grand. Oversized things can be delivered to you (you can set this address up in your account settings in Parcel Motel).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

What are you getting to replace it?

No chat allowed in that thread so brought it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What are you getting to replace it?

No chat allowed in that thread so brought it here.

2600X or 3700X, depends on if I get a new job or not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    2600X or 3700X, depends on if I get a new job or not ;)

Best of luck with the job application/interview. Hopefully you'll have a shiny new 3700x shortly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I get the 3700x but surely a 2600x would be a bit of a sidegrade? a 5820k at 4.2ghz v a 2600x at 4.2ghz would surely be almost identical?

Lads. I have two cases i'm giving away free of charge. A NZXT H500 in white and a Phanteks P400A.
    The only caveat is that you would need to collect from me at my workplace. Let me know if you're interested. Both in excellent condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Lads. I have two cases i'm giving away free of charge. A NZXT H500 in white and a Phanteks P400A.
    The only caveat is that you would need to collect from me at my workplace. Let me know if you're interested. Both in excellent condition.

I'd love either tbh but obviously depends where your based.

Based in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Would like either also to replace the €20 case I built my pc in 6 years ago. But going holidays soon so wouldnt be able to collect until the new year. Dont hold either if someone else can collect earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I remember buying my case (a Phanteks Enthoo Pro) and getting it sent to Parcel Motel, and then getting told it was too big for their lockers. Thank feck for that home delivery option, I was worried I'd have to head into Dublin and lug all 14kg of it all the way back home! :o

I remember buying my case (a Phanteks Enthoo Pro) and getting it sent to Parcel Motel, and then getting told it was too big for their lockers. Thank feck for that home delivery option, I was worried I'd have to head into Dublin and lug all 14kg of it all the way back home! :o

I remember about 3 years ago using addresspal to my local rural post office and my car was with the mechanic so I got a bike to cycle there and the box was massive and heavy. And I wasn't on a bike in years and I remember flying down the hill one hand on the haddlebars big box resting on rest of handle bars and my other hand on top of box.

I was booting down the hill and thinking to myself "I'm going to f*cking kill myself" Managed to get home anyway in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Homelander wrote: »
    I get the 3700x but surely a 2600x would be a bit of a sidegrade? a 5820k at 4.2ghz v a 2600x at 4.2ghz would surely be almost identical?

Feck it, settled on 3600X.

Won't post build pictures until I also get all the white cables I got to tidy up the insides.
    *edit* and shipped.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Still a hell of a lot to pay for a 5700xt though.

I got the XFX DD 5700 for £299. You're paying a lot more for maybe 10% better performance. Doesn't seem worth.

Just so happen to have the money

I am running a Nvidia 1070 and have contemplated if an upgrade is worth it at all, a lot of conflicting benchmarks out there

Generally seems to be the 5700 is an 8% performance increase on what I have

World of Warcraft is my core game, and that doesn't really justify the new GPU, but playing a lot of CoDMW, GTA 5 and I know I'll be playing a lot of Red Dead 2

5700 is around 30-40% faster than a 1070 though. Dunno where you are getting 8% from.

New drivers in the last day pushes performance up by around 10%+ in a lot of games as well.

• Advertisement

5700 is around 40% faster than a 1070 though. Dunno where you are getting 8% from.

New drivers in the last day pushes performance up by around 10%+ in a lot of games as well.

Really?

I dunno I just google and youtube this stuff. Any links to reliable stuff?

Maybe I can work out can I justify the extra spend on a 5700Xt and maybe a 5700 might hit a sweet spot for me

Depends on the game, some are close but the 5700 is as much as 40-50% ahead in a lot of games at 1440p.

Old review but these guys do great detailed benchmarks. There's been driver improvements for both sides since.

Cool thanks. I game at 1080p and dont have any plans to go 1440p, but will check this vid out. Do actually subscribe to them on youtube so they seem reliable :)

No problem. Yeah they are the best PC tech youtubers I know of along with Steve Burke from gamer nexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

The 5700 is definitely a massive upgrade. The 1070 is more comparable to a Vega 56. I think we are at the point now that even with the very latest games at 1080p ultra it is still worthwhile on a 60hz monitor. People still paying crazy money for 2nd hand 1070's as well whatever the reason.

Homelander wrote: »
    The 5700 is definitely a massive upgrade. The 1070 is more comparable to a Vega 56. I think we are at the point now that even with the very latest games at 1080p ultra it is still worthwhile on a 60hz monitor. People still paying crazy money for 2nd hand 1070's as well whatever the reason.

Quickly scanned adverts, they are imo crazy prices for a 1070

Think I will go 5700 while the going is good

TheDoc wrote: »
    Quickly scanned adverts, they are imo crazy prices for a 1070

Think I will go 5700 while the going is good

It is the best mid range card and cheap too.

Stole that from a post on another site. Post below:
    I love the 5700, tho. Best mid-range card imo. Cheap too.

No problem. Yeah they are the best PC tech youtubers I know of along with Steve Burke from gamer nexus.

You happy with the XFX? the general consensus on what the best variant is seems to saphire pulse or red dragon from powercolor but at that price point I might aswell got for a 5700xt :D

Yes, it's entry high end too. I wouldn't call a €350 gpu mid range. €350-550 is pretty much high end. They just created another price/performance bracket above that. Ultra high or enthusiast. W/e you want to call it.

I have 0 issues with the card. Looks great, performs great, I honestly can't hear the fans but if you have a very quiet PC you might be able to. They don't spin at all under low load or idle. Only 8w at idle. The lowest of any GPU with this kind of performance.

I wouldn't pay any heed to the Amazon reviews. Some of them are plain stupid. 1 guy gave it 1 star because he said when he powered it up the GPU fans didn't spin so he thought it was broken.

If you want to overclock the crap out of it it might not fare so well but at stock it's great. I'm waiting for my new monitor and case fans before I try and push more out of it.

• Advertisement

Yes, it's entry high end too. I wouldn't call a €350 gpu mid range. €350-550 is pretty much high end. They just created another price/performance bracket above that. Ultra high or enthusiast. W/e you want to call it.

I have 0 issues with the card. Looks great, performs great, I honestly can't hear the fans but if you have a very quiet PC you might be able to. They don't spin at all under low load or idle. Only 8w at idle. The lowest of any GPU with this kind of performance.

I wouldn't pay any heed to the Amazon reviews. Some of them are plain stupid. 1 guy gave it 1 star because he said when he powered it up the GPU fans didn't spin so he thought it was broken.

If you want to overclock the crap out of it it might not fare so well but at stock it's great. I'm waiting for my new monitor and case fans before I try and push more out of it.

Thanks for the feedback. Just pulled the trigger

Jesus merry Xmas, pretty much bought a new PC out of nowhere haha

EDIT: OK what the **** just happened to the exchange rate. Paypal just charged me €380 for that card....

Advertisement