Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

My Qnix was at 110hz and I don't really notice it. It looks smoother if anything because of the freesync.

25hz is fairly significant though. If you were already using freesync or gysync you might notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Not using sync technologies. Straight up raw 120hz and uncapped fps for games. I just don't want to pull the trigger on a new monitor only to be disappointed it looks sluggish or blurry compared to what I've grown very used to.

So far these are some that I was going through.
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07WGXXV55/
    Everything I need but really pushing the budget + not much stock. Only seller is used. The other PX275h can't find anywhere shipped in EU.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VTPKCLS
    Great but again price is just too fat.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VJJXDBX
    Exact model I want isn't available. Only a curved model which isn't vesa compatible so it wouldn't suit my monitor arm or be easy to pack into a suitcase box which I'd very much appreciate for moving. Also not really gagging for the curved experience (is it any good?).

Might just have to wait it out more for stock to refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

OSI wrote: »
    So 5700 XT going back, what 2070 Supers are looking good these days?

I'm sending mine back as well. Fecking amd drivers are ****e and the thing gets seriously hot and loud. Willing to take a hit on performance to get nvidia. I'm interested in know the best 2070 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn they are €250 more expensive. I figured €100 but that's mad for similar performance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Got a few hours on the new driver. Solid so far. No issues.

Even have the radeon software running + a small overclock on the gpu and the memory with an undervolt on top.

Custom fan curve has sorted out the noise as well.

https://imgur.com/2B8EXQW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OSI wrote: »
    So 5700 XT going back, what 2070 Supers are looking good these days?

I don't think there's any outright bad 2070 Supers other than blower models (and maybe Zotac)

Found an MSI Ventus for £450 today: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/MSI-RTX-2070-SUPER-VENTUS/dp/B07TTSVC7K/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=msi+ventus+2070+super&qid=1579263231&sr=8-1

And the 3-slot 3-fan semi-passive Gigabyte OC 3X for £470: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GeForce-2070-Super-WINDFORCE/dp/B07X51LTKK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Gigabyte+GeForce+RTX+2070+Super+WINDFORCE+OC+3x+8G&qid=1579263408&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

How are we getting that the 2070 Super is €250 more? Looking at OCUK the cheapest 5700XT is £340 and it's a crap model, the cheapest 2070 super is £445 and it's a good model too.

That is €125 and putting aside the driver instability of AMD the 2070S model for that price is miles better than the 5700XT at that price - in fact the cheapest sort of decent 5700XT is £360 so really the difference is around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just seen that cyberpunk has been delayed till September... good thing I haven’t sold my current PC yet so I can hold out for the next gen GPUs. Been eyeing up that Ventus 2070... seems a great deal atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15412/nvidia-cuts-price-of-geforce-rtx-2060-to-299

Nvida dropped the price of the 2060. Showing as £279 on their website but out of stock at the minute.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pailit 2060 has been 270 on Amazon for over a week now

• Advertisement

Pailit 2060 has been 270 on Amazon for over a week now

That the small single fan one? I've the founders edition and it's been very good so far paired with a 1700.

Probably going to build something new with better specs next January though.

Anyone have any idea what PXE-M0F means? Swapped boot SSD to a different boot SSD that has Win10 on it from another system and coming across this when I try to boot... changed boot priority etc and it doesn’t seem to work, still giving me same error.

Changed boot mode from legacy to EFI and it’s just giving me a black screen now, nothing at all but I think just resetting the CMOS should fix that. Stumped on the PXE-M0F error though... thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

More info after the PXE?
    It's not the greatest idea to swapp boot drives from one machine to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Anyone have any idea what PXE-M0F means? Swapped boot SSD to a different boot SSD that has Win10 on it from another system and coming across this when I try to boot... changed boot priority etc and it doesn’t seem to work, still giving me same error.

Changed boot mode from legacy to EFI and it’s just giving me a black screen now, nothing at all but I think just resetting the CMOS should fix that. Stumped on the PXE-M0F error though... thoughts?

Do you have WDS server? Are you willing to use it?
    If no, disable Network Boot

yoshiktk wrote: »
    More info after the PXE?
    It's not the greatest idea to swapp boot drives from one machine to another.

“Check cable connection!
    PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”

That’s the full message on screen

Do you have WDS server? Are you willing to use it?
    If no, disable Network Boot

I don’t have WDS server. Any idea how I disable network boot? In BIOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Yep, you can take it (network booting) out of the boot order in the bios. You said though when you changed to UEFI you got a black screen instead which suggests to me it did try to boot from the new disk but at a wild guess the graphics cards are too different between the two machines so it's not coming up properly (it could be another hardware difference). As mentioned swapping boot disks around between machines is far from certain to work unless the machines are similar enough or you've somehow managed to get the driver set-up right before you swap.

minitrue wrote: »
    Yep, you can take it (network booting) out of the boot order in the bios. You said though when you changed to UEFI you got a black screen instead which suggests to me it did try to boot from the new disk but at a wild guess the graphics cards are too different between the two machines so it's not coming up properly (it could be another hardware difference). As mentioned swapping boot disks around between machines is far from certain to work unless the machines are similar enough or you've somehow managed to get the driver set-up right before you swap.

I’ve played around with it again and reset the CMOS.. went back into BIOS and found the Legacy/UEFI boot. Turns out, I changed the wrong setting before and just disabled Legacy boot in that new setting and it boots to Win10 now!

Read online that Win10 is, apparently, seamless to swap boot drives across so I went ahead and tried it. I’ll try it again in a few days when I move my other boot SSD to my new build.. hopefully it’ll work the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

“Check cable connection!

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”

That’s the full message on screen
    Actually i believe it was:
    PXE-E61 : Check cable connection!

or Insert Boot Media.

E61 indicate that PXE was not able to communicate to WDS - normal as you don't have server
    You can safely disregard this error, it only happens if first boot source not found and PC proceed to next listed boot option. Or disable network boot in BIOS/UEFI, as pointed above.

Actually i believe it was:
    PXE-E61 : Check cable connection!

or Insert Boot Media.

E61 indicate that PXE was not able to communicate to WDS - normal as you don't have server
    You can safely disregard this error, it only happens if first boot source not found and PC proceed to next listed boot option. Or disable network boot in BIOS/UEFI, as pointed above.

Thank you :) I managed to figure it out anyway, reset CMOS and disabled legacy boot seemed to work.. booting away now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, I'm looking to pick up a monitor to pair with the 5700xt, 22 inch would be grand but no idea what to look at apart from freesync. What would you guys recommend?

Kimbot wrote: »
    Lads, I'm looking to pick up a monitor to pair with the 5700xt, 22 inch would be grand but no idea what to look at apart from freesync. What would you guys recommend?

How much you looking to spend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How much you looking to spend?

Upto 200 I'd say

Upto 200 I'd say

Are you thinking 1080p or 2K? I'd assume you'd want to go bigger than 22" to get the most from a QHD panel?

Are you thinking 1080p or 2K? I'd assume you'd want to go bigger than 22" to get the most from a QHD panel?

Well I meant 22 - 24 inch range I wouldn't have space for much bigger. I already have a 40inch 4k to hook it up to but I am looking for a monitor for when herself wants to watch TV haha

Well I meant 22 - 24 inch range I wouldn't have space for much bigger. I already have a 40inch 4k to hook it up to but I am looking for a monitor for when herself wants to watch TV haha

If you have a 4K panel why not a 24" 1080p at 144hz?

Saw this on HUKD for £90

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-d24f-10-236-fhd-freesync-tn-144hz-1ms-gaming-monitor-8999-at-lenovo-3-years-warranty-3390477

Edit:

Or this QHD that was posted on another thread although it's 27" so probably to big for your space?

Electriq 27" QHD 1440p 95Hz FreeSync HDR Monitor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TXHBWMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Sv2iEbQ3CJDQ5

If you have a 4K panel why not a 24" 1080p at 144hz?

Saw this on HUKD for £90

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-d24f-10-236-fhd-freesync-tn-144hz-1ms-gaming-monitor-8999-at-lenovo-3-years-warranty-3390477

Edit:

Or this QHD that was posted on another thread although it's 27" so probably to big for your space?

Electriq 27" QHD 1440p 95Hz FreeSync HDR Monitor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TXHBWMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Sv2iEbQ3CJDQ5

That first one looks a sweet deal alright :) yeah max I could go is 24 :(

That first one looks a sweet deal alright :) yeah max I could go is 24 :(

Well if you got the first one you could get a few new games or more RGB to make your PC beefier :pac:

Well if you got the first one you could get a few new games or more RGB to make your PC beefier :pac:

Picked up the lenovo, more rgb is always a plus :P

• Advertisement

Picked up the lenovo, more rgb is always a plus :P

Or even a new case ;)

White Corsair Carbide Series 275R for £60 (or £70 for tempered glass)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079JSDDTC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kO3iEbXWBA7TH

Advertisement