Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Any reason not to get a Lian Li O11 Dynamic?

Also, does the white one look as good as the review videos or is black a safer option?

Nice case but i think it's more suited to a custom loop.

It can look very empty depending what you put in it and if you fill it with fans it can get quite loud.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

How is your Lancool II?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    How is your Lancool II?

Best built case iv'e ever had. Very easy to build in and has so much storage potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone have GeForce now? I saw on HUKD that the full service has been released and is €5.50 per month. You get 90 days free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone have GeForce now? I saw on HUKD that the full service has been released and is €5.50 per month. You get 90 days free as well.

I'm in the beta l, didn't play much just an hour trying tomb raider on nvidia shield tv, very solid performance. Haven't tried games on platforms like steam or uplay, found the logging on very clunky

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm in the beta l, didn't play much just an hour trying tomb raider on nvidia shield tv, very solid performance. Haven't tried games on platforms like steam or uplay, found the logging on very clunky

The free tier seems to let you play for an hour before disconnecting you. I might sign up for a month and test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well colour me surprised, new tempered glass side panel for my case arrived today, in about a thousand pieces :D:D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well colour me surprised, new tempered glass side panel for my case arrived today, in about a thousand pieces :D:D

DPD?

DPD?

How did you know? :P

How did you know? :P

They're notorious for breaking stuff. The amount of laptops and monitors they've delivered to me in work over the years that were damaged is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I would get yourself off the powerline if you can. You and him effectively share a cable, which only allows 1 device to talk at a time.

Yes but its relative to the overall bandwidth available.

25% overall of the lowest package, is roughly 60Mb/6Mb. There are plenty of people across the country who would kill for those speeds in their house and it would be what I would consider a good working bandwidth for a entire household. But once he slams off that with his torrents, he will be the first to see negative effects.

Honestly the fact that he has thousands of active torrents, had put zero caps in place himself in regards connection limits or bandwidth restrictions(almost every single client has had this for years), I'd say make sure the broadband line isn't legally in your name because I don't think he really understands what he is doing.

As a quick update. I set the user defined priorities as you said and it seems to have alleviated most of the strain on the router.

He also cleared up a few thousand torrents which helped a lot I think. I'm moving out of there soon enough but I wanted my other house mates to have a bit less stress going forward. Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

RMA'd my Corsair memory sticks. Go them back in 9 days, so not too bad (1 day extra for DPD shenanigans). Only one of them was faulty, but they wanted me to send back both. That would have been a problem, but fortunately I had some spare DDR4s so I could run my PC while waiting for the new sticks to arrive. The only issue is that I had 2 x 16 GB sticks, but Corsair sent me 4 x 8 GB sticks. I guess it doesn't make a big difference, I don't think I was planning to upgrade to 4 x 16 GB anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Did the exact same thing on my Dark Base Pro 900 as for some reason the exhaust on the EVGA 2080 Ti straddled exactly that region under the separating bar. Have to literally damage a new case so things vent properly.

Quality service from Scan.co.uk

Have arranged another courier to bring me a replacement panel for Tuesday, and just asked I dispose of the damaged one and not be hassled with returning it. All emails were quick and fast responses. Impressive

Have arranged another courier to bring me a replacement panel for Tuesday, and just asked I dispose of the damaged one and not be hassled with returning it. All emails were quick and fast responses. Impressive

Imagine posting back a box of shattered glass :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I found them great for a return too.

CCL on the other hand, car crash.

omgomgomgomgogmpgnodfhgoudfhgoufdhgfdohgf
    Fixed Issues
    An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when performing parallel actions such as web browsing, gaming or watching video.

Latest Radeon drivers

fngiohfdoihjgishishs

This is it, the LAST ISSUE!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys currently I have a 3440 x 1440 monitor and a 4K tv

I have a 4k version of Nvidia shield that I use for streaming etc

I'v been playing around with streaming games from my computer hooked up to the 3440 x 1440 monitor

I was expecting when I was streaming that it would be picked up as 4K on the tv but it seems it only mimics what the monitor is doing, is that correct?

So replacement glass panel arrived, thankfully all fine and good. Went on in minutes.

Looks lovely, just waiting on some RGB parts, will throw a pic in the pic thread when done

EDIT: Literally hit submit on that post and got the black screen error...haha...this PC can go into the sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Polar101 wrote: »
    RMA'd my Corsair memory sticks. Go them back in 9 days, so not too bad (1 day extra for DPD shenanigans). Only one of them was faulty, but they wanted me to send back both. That would have been a problem, but fortunately I had some spare DDR4s so I could run my PC while waiting for the new sticks to arrive. The only issue is that I had 2 x 16 GB sticks, but Corsair sent me 4 x 8 GB sticks. I guess it doesn't make a big difference, I don't think I was planning to upgrade to 4 x 16 GB anytime soon.

Can't say I'd be too happy about a them sending back smaller dimms without confirming first. It's not like they don't make or ship 16gb dimms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, imagine how much of a titanic pain that would be if you had a board with 2 ram banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Lads, quick one, without branching too much into tech support.. got some Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb in October - tons of sporadic BSOD's lately (frustratingly)
    Ran memory diagnostic at startup and immediately said hardware issue but extremely vague/generic . Will likely be covered by warranty - but any tips on pinpointing if it's definitely the RAM or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Shlippery wrote: »
    Lads, quick one, without branching too much into tech support.. got some Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb in October - tons of sporadic BSOD's lately (frustratingly)
    Ran memory diagnostic at startup and immediately said hardware issue but extremely vague/generic . Will likely be covered by warranty - but any tips on pinpointing if it's definitely the RAM or something else?

how many slots do you have on your motherboard for RAM. Can you switch them to the other slots if you have them and see if that still happens?

What mobo have you got? Same thing happened me on this X570 with the same kit. Swapped for other RAM and all is fine. I was getting Hardware Issue in memtest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ran Memtest and it lit up like the 4th July with Errors, definitely something up with one of the sticks, went for simple option of replacement from Amazon! They post ones out, and I send the dodgy ones back! That's RGB ram for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

696cpp46qhg41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Troubleshooting your build might be like that :D

16p2l3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

or the feckers that ask a question in a forum that you are having the same issue as only for them to come back and post that they got it sorted without actually posting the sodding solution!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Skerries wrote: »
    or the feckers that ask a question in a forum that you are having the same issue as only for them to come back and post that they got it sorted without actually posting the sodding solution!!!

And inevtiably the thread is 3yrs old so no point necroing it as these people are new members and thats their only ever post.

Your just left wondering what could have been....

Advertisement