Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

After using them a few times, I really gotta recommend MemoryC.ie

Items always seem to come pretty damn fast, and they're cheaper than Amazon for certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd only knock it down to €450 and be prepared to let it go for €400.

Fiar enough. Will definitely hold onto it for that. Will do me for 3+ years I'd imagine and no value for any upgrade.

Cheers for the advice everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    After using them a few times, I really gotta recommend MemoryC.ie

Items always seem to come pretty damn fast, and they're cheaper than Amazon for certain things.

I have found them really good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Has anyone here ever used the Members' Market on the OcUK forums? I have the requisite post count etc for access, and reckon I'd get better prices than CEX, even taking postage to the UK into account. And surely there's be less lowball crap than on Adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever used the Members' Market on the OcUK forums? I have the requisite post count etc for access, and reckon I'd get better prices than CEX, even taking postage to the UK into account. And surely there's be less lowball crap than on Adverts!

I always thank them and say it's too low - always seem to shift stuff on there for a price I'm happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's amazing how affordable decent gaming PC's are now in the mainstream. I just bought a PC there from AWD-IT for an office for about €680 delivered - 2700X, 16GB, 1660 Super, 480GB SSD, MB520 case, pci-e Wifi adapter.

It was actually working out a good bit more expensive to build it.

I always thank them and say it's too low - always seem to shift stuff on there for a price I'm happy with.

I'll try again so. Has been years since I sold anything there though, but I have loads of parts to shift.

Homelander wrote: »
    It's amazing how affordable decent gaming PC's are now in the mainstream. I just bought a PC there from AWD-IT for an office for about €680 delivered - 2700X, 16GB, 1660 Super, 480GB SSD, MB520 case, pci-e Wifi adapter.

Weren't they in a spot of bother financially?

Weren't they in a spot of bother financially?

seo5p22zswv11.jpg

Not s Simpsons fan I'm afraid so I don't get the meme :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Homelander wrote: »

AFAIK some places it's absurdly expensive to buy parts so everyone buys pre-builts. I have very little knowledge of the current economic state of Ireland but is it at the level where we're getting like such countries? I may look into pre-builts for my next system but the lack of choice would probably throw me off... nvidia all over the place in em'.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Any Pc couch users? I'm thinking about mowing my pc to living room, dont have aniugh space in my room for Beat Saber. Now im looking at decent couch keyboard&mouse combo. Any decent lap board solutions? Not much to choose from dedicated ones, kinda cant see myself spending 70€ for Corsair lap board plus another 150€ for keyboard and mouse.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Piece of wood? I used to use a book for a mouse pad a few years ago and put it down and picked up the keyboard when i wanted to type. But I did game with a controller though rather than a KB&M.

Piece of wood? I used to use a book for a mouse pad a few years ago and put it down and picked up the keyboard when i wanted to type. But I did game with a controller though rather than a KB&M.

If I had a body of teen why not, now my old bones are to sensitive. In old days I played Cod with couch as mousepad. Now with messed up wrists need something soft and comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

yoshiktk wrote: »
    If I had a body of teen why not, now my old bones are to sensitive. In old days I played Cod with couch as mousepad. Now with messed up wrists need something soft and comfy.

I think I know what you mean my thumbs are sore from gaming with a controller over the years. I'm deadly serious too. Madness this growing old shít ain't too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Any Pc couch users? I'm thinking about mowing my pc to living room, dont have aniugh space in my room for Beat Saber. Now im looking at decent couch keyboard&mouse combo. Any decent lap board solutions? Not much to choose from dedicated ones, kinda cant see myself spending 70€ for Corsair lap board plus another 150€ for keyboard and mouse.
    Thanks

What about one of those dinner tray things that have sort of a bean bag on the bottom of them, like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L1X8V4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xv-sFbYBG2G0P but if you could find a larger surfaced one

Skerries wrote: »
    It's tempting but i'm afraid it's a little bit to big, plus if I add the cost of decent keyboard and mouse, cost goes over what I would expect to spend. Around 150ish for whole solution.
    What about one of those dinner tray things that have sort of a bean bag on the bottom of them, like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L1X8V4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xv-sFbYBG2G0P but if you could find a larger surfaced one

I was checking the laptop ones, would be almost fine, but they tend to have not a lot of space for mouse.

Probably in the end I will go for Corsair K63 and their lapboard.

Now have to deal with Steam link. Isn't as smoth experience I thought it would be. Using it as remote desktop is kinda finicky. Sometimes works ok, but sometimes refuse to work at all. It looks I'll have to get bigger hole in wall to put hdmi and usb thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. I sow this website being on "okay" terms here, so I presume its safe to go with this crowd? Its not for me, but friends son.
    Spec wise this things more then okay and in the budget. Just not sure what PSU they have in it, it wont be complete trash? 80 Bronze would not put me off. My Corsair bronze still going strong 7ish years later.

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/ryzen/ccl-ryzen-gs-gaming-pc/

Bonus points for 144hz Monitor for 200eu ish too?

edit: from having a conversation and sons shopping list that was sent to me, I would not let him build it himself, if you know what I mean. So I would need to a prebuilt solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads. I sow this website being on "okay" terms here, so I presume its safe to go with this crowd? Its not for me, but friends son.
    Spec wise this things more then okay and in the budget. Just not sure what PSU they have in it, it wont be complete trash? 80 Bronze would not put me off. My Corsair bronze still going strong 7ish years later.

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/ryzen/ccl-ryzen-gs-gaming-pc/

edit: from having a conversation and sons shopping list that was sent to me, I would not let him build it himself, if you know what I mean. So I would need to a prebuilt solution.

New Nvidia GPUs being announced tomorrow so get him to hold off for a few days, especially when he's looking at a 2060.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TitianGerm wrote: »
    New Nvidia GPUs being announced tomorrow so get him to hold off for a few days, especially when he's looking at a 2060.

He does not look at anything, as he does not really have a clue at all hehe, its me looking the best I can get in budget.

Its for Xmas present. So I guess there is still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He does not look at anything, as he does not really have a clue at all hehe, its me looking the best I can get in budget.

Its for Xmas present. So I guess there is still time.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/awd-it-gaming-desktop-pc-showcase-custom-edited-2070-super-with-2700x-ps840-or-3600-ps950-deal-from-awd-it-3534955

Came across this for you, much better GPU, not as good CPU though but add the 3600 for a little more and it still costs less than the CCL machine.

Edit: slightly more when you add the bigger SSD.

Don't have a vertical GPU mount in your case, but still want to gaze on your beautiful graphics card? Fear not, Nagao Manufacturing has you covered. :pac:

l2QLYog0dWZMZhqt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

It's missing the 60hz monitor + "can it run minecraft at 300fps"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Looking at getting these as I'm moving out of my old home and into rented accommodation does any one use these?
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-tl-pa8010p-v2-powerline-adapter-kit-av1300-twin-pack-10167032-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Looking at getting these as I'm moving out of my old home and into rented accommodation does any one use these?
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-tl-pa8010p-v2-powerline-adapter-kit-av1300-twin-pack-10167032-pdt.html

I dont use those brand but I use Netgear variants have they have been a lifesaver. I run them from my router to my home office with great connection and speeds.

Main thing is dont plug them into a extension lead, as this degrades the signal significantly (ive tested and confirmed). Plug them directly to the wall socket and your good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Ultrflat wrote: »

I have been able to connect multiple such devices in my house, even from different manufacturers, as they all implement the same specification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Why do I get the feeling that the prices quoted in the Nvidia reveal won't translate to any site we will be buying from .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jonski wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that the prices quoted in the Nvidia reveal won't translate to any site we will be buying from .

Those are Nvidia's FE prices; assuming you can get one it's generally just US price or so.

But AIB models will likely be more expensive, i.e. I expect 550-600 / 750-800 euro starting prices.

Advertisement