Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's definitely a two-slotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

My computer.

Laptop-cake-tutorial.jpg

Following the proud tradition of Computer Cookies I see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Am I the only who who doesn't care about how they look? As long as they fit in the case, stay cool and make game go fast I'm a happy customer. The only time I look in my case is to clean it. To me it would be like painting the underside of my bed for the few times I might be looking under it.

I get what your saying I was like that for 20 yrs every build I ever made had the best components in a case with not glass panels.

My latest build I totally went the other way, I got a case with 2 glass side panels and the business side I went white and RGBs (not flashy just nice & can be turned off or made static to any colour)

And its lovely to look at modern PC tech illuminated and the fact I made it is even sweeter.

So it really does depend on the type of build you have, if it was a fuilly enclosed PC case then I would get the cheapest card that did the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

This looks like it's been made out of recycled sex toys.

I was thinking it was damm right weebish:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SickBoy wrote: »
    Interesting article and video from Moore's Law Is Dead

https://www.mooreslawisdead.com/post/nvidia-s-ultimate-play

If there's truth to this then even more people will be very salty with Nvidia in the not too distant future.

The salt will be thick, as they run out to get their next Nvidia card with zero hesitation.

In fairness, its not much different to AMD releasing the WC Vega 64 and pointing to it as the flagship. Meanwhile a handful of them were made and sold, probably at a loss.

I'm interested to see how the reviewers tackle the power draw. In the past 300+ watts always seemed to be unmanageable, this isn't exactly a revelation to the industry.

Also, if you do intent on getting a 3090 to go with what I assume is a fairly chunky system, you might want to think about looking at some aircon to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

At 210W my 5700XT noticeably heats up the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sex toys and weeb? Heads in the gutter! :pac: They looked like they were designed for young girls to me. The sort of colors you'd see on dress-up dolls. But I'd get one that had bleedin' barbie on it if was cheaper :P
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And its lovely to look at modern PC tech illuminated and the fact I made it is even sweeter.

Nah I get what you're saying there's appeal but the main reason I don't care about the looks is there's markup for them. Nothing's free. I'd prefer the GPU look like a suspicious device someone tries to sneak by airport security if it meant shaving a few quid off the price. But marketing will have none of that.

Another key reason I don't focus on the looks is because eventually you stop seeing it. After months and years the PC just blends into the scenery no matter how fancy you made it. The only time it would shine is to flex about it online (which is not something I do) or impress guests for a few seconds. But if you have the spare cash and it brings joy then you'd be stupid not to make it flashy!

Is it just Amazon where the Ryzen 3000 series chips are creeping up in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it just Amazon where the Ryzen 3000 series chips are creeping up in price?
    Might be everywhere.
    4000 are due in a month so stock might be nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hope it doesn't come flat-packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Headshot wrote: »

Could they not have used cables with L connectors for the promo vids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

So I just built my first PC with everything but the graphics card as I tried to get one of the new ones. It's based around a Ryzen 3700x on a MSI B550M VDH wifi in a thermaltake v21 case. Think it's all good to go except for the GPU obviously. Is there any way to test to make sure I haven't ballsed anything up before the GPU is sorted? It all turns on and lights up but of course I can't display anything yet. Just would like to make sure I haven't made a shyte of the CPU!

Grab a very cheap GPU on adverts. Very useful to have as a backup.

LOL

Id buy it if she was thrown in to the deal.:D

Horrible spec though and very sloppy build by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Id buy it if she was thrown in to the deal.:D

Horrible spec though and very sloppy build by the looks of it.

and the computer looks bad too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

"Themed PC" it's literally just a figurine left on the backplate of the card.

Have to admire the bold marketing strategy though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"Keyborad & Mouse Included."

070307_borat_051.jpg

"Keyborad & Mouse Included."

070307_borat_051.jpg

I watch Ancient Gameplays on youtube now and again, usually when he's discussing AMD drivers. Someone commented how we have Tech Jesus (Gamers Nexus) and not we have Tech Borat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone come accross a good webcam lately that reasonably priced and in stock?

More Lulz. I really need to find something better to do while I'm working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

More Lulz. I really need to find something better to do while I'm working from home.

I genuinely pray that he's half memeing. Was already worried about humanity's future before seeing that :D

imagine driving 5 hours and paying money to collect that abomination

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I sold my PC with an RTX 2060 and a Ryzen 1700 in it for €600. I think I sold it to cheap looking at the state of that :pac:

"Will accept crypto ,gold or silver bullion as payment" on one of his other ads.

OCD Overdrive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I know I said I don't care about how a system looks but are those fans literally just dangling? I don't think that's correct from a functional aspect.

they are suspended with daisy chained zip ties. A temporarily permanent solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Did he spill a glass of water on it?

Advertisement