Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P connection

• 31-12-2018 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    A relation of mine has eir ftth and I have brutal bad bb in the evening. Could I set up a P2P using ubiquiti gear to my gaff?
    It's about 900 meters away. I would have to check line of sight and what is eir's view on doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Yes a ubiquiti p2p link will work if you have line of sight. Something like a nano station. Not sure of what eir etc would think of it. Probably worth reading their terms and conditions. They can't stop you using a p2p link as you could just be using it for lan purposes like monitoring cameras or file transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Lucifer wrote:
    Yes a ubiquiti p2p link will work if you have line of sight. Something like a nano station. Not sure of what eir etc would think of it. Probably worth reading their terms and conditions. They can't stop you using a p2p link as you could just be using it for lan purposes like monitoring cameras or file transfers.

Thanks. I set one up for a mate who had about 400m from an old cottage to his main house. Main house was only getting 3mb direct with cable. When we setup the p2p link he was getting 250mb. If I could get 50+ I would be laughing. FYI I USED nanobeams for his the gen2 ones from Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Sharing your bb would be frowned upon by any ISP. Also think about what your relation may be surfing on 'your' bb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

degsie wrote:
    Sharing your bb would be frowned upon by any ISP. Also think about what your relation may be surfing on 'your' bb connection.

I know where your coming from alright. I would have to say that the surfing of questionable sites would not be an issue.

Advertisement