Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Terms of Use have changed. Please click here to review the updated Terms of Use.

Options
  • 01-01-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭

Just got this again.

Why are the changes not highlighted in some way so users don't have to read the entire thing and try to figure out what has changed?

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Esel wrote: »
    Just got this again.

Why are the changes not highlighted in some way so users don't have to read the entire thing and try to figure out what has changed?
    You mean such as the dedicated Announcement forum that has the specific post for such changes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nody wrote: »
    That post is from a month ago, so not really relevant imo. I haven't cleared cache/cookies recently, but I just now got asked to agree to new T&C's (I obviously agreed last month.)

If it is a glitch and no changes have actually happened today, that's a different story.

Not your ornery onager

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback to Help Desk, as it's a specific issue being raised

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Esel wrote: »
    That post is from a month ago, so not really relevant imo. I haven't cleared cache/cookies recently, but I just now got asked to agree to new T&C's (I obviously agreed last month.)

If it is a glitch and no changes have actually happened today, that's a different story.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case as there have been no new updates since the ones linked by Nody there.

Which version of the site did you see this on? I spotted it myself on the touch site this morning, was it that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It was on the Touch site.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Thanks Esel. The team were already working on a fix for this, should be deployed some time today or Monday I think. I'll update here when it's done.

This issue with the new Terms of Use notice is fixed now. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Advertisement