Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help, I've nowhere to turn to

• 01-01-2019 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Please don't quote me, I may delete later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

You can get through this, and you will.

He’s in a bad place and needs to get his meds right and for you to supervise them. A big problem with depression meds is you feel that you’re better, so stop taking them.

He’s trusted in you by telling you. Help him through this. It’ll take months to get to a normal let alone good place but you can do it.

Support & understanding is what he needs. You’re the person who can give it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭airy fairy

OU812 wrote: »
    You can get through this, and you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,051 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Take a deep breath.

It sounds like this is a difficult time but that he is doing what he can to improve. A can, a wine bottle, while indicative, are not proof of a massive problem just yet (at least in my mind). In the greater scheme of things, I don't think him having a drink is very disloyal but I do appreciate that you are a better judge of what you consider acceptable or not. I think that he is struggling and trying to find a way to get through this.

He needs support, so do you, can you discuss with him how this is difficult for you or can you confide in a friend or family member who could help you so you can help him.

Your kids probably know things are a bit off but I would think him getting well and them seeing you both support each other would be best for them in the long run and they would forgive one difficult Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I would like you to look beyond where you are now, its ****e now,but there is a time beyond now, if you remember that, it will help you to deal with whats happening now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I really think you need help from professionals or advice and support.
    Can you go see your GP and explain in detail the stress you're under.
    Since he has an official diagnosis and takes medication, I don't see why he can't be in the mental health system. I know plenty of those who are and thankfully they have never tried to end their life.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

appreciate the replies

I really think you need help from professionals or advice and support.
    Can you go see your GP and explain in detail the stress you're under.
    Since he has an official diagnosis and takes medication, I don't see why he can't be in the mental health system. I know plenty of those who are and thankfully they have never tried to end their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

airy fairy wrote: »
    He's been told by both hospital and gp that he's on a decent amount of antidepressants and night time relaxants that he is not to drink.
    I can see the dependency and dt's playing its role today as he badly wanted a drink after just 2 weeks of a can a day. He had shakes, hungover feeling, couldn't settle, agitated.
    He's refusing anymore doctors now.
    My kids are hearing him rant.
    Hearing him shouting and trying to run off.
    They already look at him strangely.
    His appearance changes when the tiredness kicks in, slurred speech, dizziness etc.
    I appreciate the replies

Whatever he's suffering from it's not DT's after withdrawal from one can of beer a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 021electrician

Fair play to you for reaching out. At least he is trying be honest with you. If you find yourself crying a lot would it be worth yourself going to see the doctor and get prescribed something to take the edge off for yourself.... even if it was only for a few weeks?

His doctor can only best advise to do what's best for him but as a suggestion would you look at alternative healing.... along the lines of reconnective healing? YouTube it it was discovered by Dr Eric pearl.

Happy New year to you and your family.the best it yet to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭fran38

Hi OP. i'm very sorry for you and your family's issues. Not easy of course. In terms of saying something rational and supportive, I'd say this. You need to keep on at the HSEs mental health service, your husbands GP and your own. They have the expertise in this and not an internet forum page despite the good intentions shown by people here. The very best of luck. It will get better x.

• Advertisement

Whatever he's suffering from it's not DT's after withdrawal from one can of beer a day.

I acknowledge that, thank you

fran38 wrote: »
    Hi OP. i'm very sorry for you and your family's issues. Not easy of course. In terms of saying something rational and supportive, I'd say this. You need to keep on at the HSEs mental health service, your husbands GP and your own. They have the expertise in this and not an internet forum page despite the good intentions shown by people here. The very best of luck. It will get better x.

I am not looking for medical advice
    I have no family support. It's Christmas holiday season, I can't go banging on a neighbouring door.
    This is the second crap Christmas my kids have endured, I'm not looking for an answer, but I'm feeling very alone right now.
    I've deleted my posts.
    Thanks for the concern.

Advertisement