Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antonov 225 landing in Perth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Came across the following. Amazing photos, apologies if this has already been shared - though I cannot find it anywhere:

https://forum.keypublishing.com/forum/commercial-aviation/civil-aircraft-images/3842710-antonov-flying-into-perth-w-a

Am I right in saying this beast has landed in Shannon before?

2013 and 2015.
    Indo: With a wing span wider than the Croke Park pitch, the Antonov 225 is 27 metres wider either side than the runway at Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

We used to watch them land at Muscat Airport (may have been called Seeb International back then), we were on the flight path. Some noise out of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jude13 wrote: »
    We used to watch them land at Muscat Airport (may have been called Seeb International back then), we were on the flight path. Some noise out of them.

You used to watch 'it'. There was only one ever built.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Apologies, I did not know that. I just remember hearing the rumble over the tv and going in to the garden to watch 'it' come in to land. The windows would shake.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

You used to watch 'it'. There was only one ever built.

Rumours for last few years of them going to finish the 2nd airframe. (Structurally complete but left to rust post 1991) But nothing seems to come out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Love the phone and fax number on the side. Adds a local, human touch to the globe trotting behemoth. Or in this case, maybe it should be Ziz

Advertisement