Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

191 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

So inspite of the OMG OMG no company will buy a hybrid - Toyota are still in 5th place in that.....

I trust we shall be seeing calls for Ford to review their product suitability for the Irish market.

NINTH place for the company that were regularly flogging Sierras and the like to the Gardai.

Edit and yes I realise that a LTD company can include dealers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭David73

This one is quiet interesting, Below is just new vehicles registered to Limited Company's in January. These could be a combination of company vehicles, Demo's, Pre Reg's or Hire Vehicles.

Nice to see Renault on top, always had a soft spot for them.

But who's buying all the Clio's, a model due to be replaced next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

David73 wrote: »
    Nice to see Renault on top, always had a soft spot for them.

But who's buying all the Clio's, a model due to be replaced next year?

Probably hire car companies!

ml100 wrote: »
    Agreed, they are very popular especially as the price/running costs are currently not that much hirer than smaller hatchback cars, but will you're dad still buy a new kuga when the road tax of the 2wd 2.0 diesel will jump to €1200 and vrt from 24% to 35% If the new WLPT is used for co2, this may not happen if the government adjust road tax and vrt when WLPT is fully used in 2020.

On the 0% apr, the purchaser is paying for it one way or the other, whether it's increased prices or no discounts.

Ah Christ. Cars are so expensive as it is, I think they’re now at a limit. Go any higher they’re going to be totally u affordable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen my first brand new Toyota Corolla 191 hatch today in a nice red and also seen a 191 Mazda 6 in a wine colour.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw 4 Rav4s today!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw 4 Rav4s today!

In the Toyota forecourt was it!!!:D

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw 4 Rav4s today!

I saw one yesterday- they look very big!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,203 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AMKC wrote: »
    Seen my first brand new Toyota Corolla 191 hatch today in a nice red and also seen a 191 Mazda 6 in a wine colour.

Yes they have a red one in their new ad, looks like they are taking aim at diesel...

Saw a POV spec Corolla brand new the other day. Looks a lot less stylish in dull silver with black plastic body panels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

road_high wrote: »
    Saw a POV spec Corolla brand new the other day. Looks a lot less stylish in dull silver with black plastic body panels!

Saw a red hatch with black alloys in lismore yesterday.

Looked very well. For a Toyota.

Saw a red hatch with black alloys in lismore yesterday.

Looked very well. For a Toyota.

Toyota’s generally are very spec sensitive.

M

road_high wrote: »

I don't understand how can makers still do poverty spec with black plastic, you would think it would make more effort than to just have the entire production line go with the colour of the car body.

As far as I know back in the day the Irish importer never had the black plastic, UK lowest spec did.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

I don't understand how can makers still do poverty spec with black plastic, you would think it would make more effort than to just have the entire production line go with the colour of the car body.

As far as I know back in the day the Irish importer never had the black plastic, UK lowest spec did.

And now folks are paying even more for their black plastic cos it makes their crossover look outdoorsy!

Well I don't understand why you buy a new car like this! It’s supoosed to be an enjoyable purchase, not misery !
    In fairness base spec used be a lot worse. Windy windows and plastic wheel trims were more common than not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The UK usually had an extra base model we didn't get.

But what you found often was that the Irish spec entry level had bits missing that were on the UK equivalent.

Equivalent as in comparing an Irish 1.6 GL to a UK 1.6 GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Someone down my way bought a 191 Skoda Kodiaq. The problem is,every time I see it they are illegally parked.

Saw a white corolla hatch this morning in a decent spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

191 Lexus ES taxi on college green right now

M

191 Lexus ES taxi on college green right now

I suppose if you are going to spend 8-10 hours in your car it's best to get something comfortable. I'd be worried that passengers would eventually wreck it inside, especially the leather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I suppose if you are going to spend 8-10 hours in your car it's best to get something comfortable. I'd be worried that passengers would eventually wreck it inside, especially the leather.

Theres a good number of new model GS' going around Dublin too. Great choice if you can afford one

Ms

Theres a good number of new model GS' going around Dublin too. Great choice if you can afford one

The GS is no more it has been replaced by the ES.

Seen a lovely 191 dark blue Opel Insignia today. Thought it looked really well and a 191 Skoda Superb in silver.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Saw 191 old model Rav4 earlier. Hope got big discount!!!

Just saw a 191 X5 in Patrick st best taxi in cork is a 161 e class.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

2 Range Rovers spotted in Waterford yesterday and spotted an Audi A6 today, lovely colour

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

youll likely find thats a retired guy with few overheads who only does the day shift and in exchange for having a nice motor and wearing a tie, gets lots of corporate and airport / hotel work, 7am-7pm kind of stuff. When that car is 5 years old and he changes it'll be bought by a lad doing the night time pukey fighty pub runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,215 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen a 191 Porsche Cayenne in Limerick today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭sk8board

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seen a 191 Porsche Cayenne in Limerick today.

One of only THREE 191 Porsche’s registered so far this year :eek:

Ms

Seen a 191 BMW i3 today in black with black alloys. Thought it looked a bit dull with the black alloys and it being in black. Also seen a 191 Dacia Duster, a 191 Skoda Kodiak in black and a 191 Renault Megane saloon in navy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Seen a Kia Stinger the other day, also only 3 registered so far this year ;)

I saw a 191 Mercedes Benz Coupe yesterday morning, not sure if it was a C or E Class coupe. It was gone passed me before I could see what it was, so I'll have to keep a eye out for it again.

Advertisement