Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

191 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Seen a black or dark grey 191-D- Audi Q8 this evening on the Outer Ring Road near the N7, no photos, I was driving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I spotted a new Corolla hatch in Clondalkin today. It looked well in the metal.

They do as long as they’re not poverty spec they are a very appealing looking car. Toyota have really up their game on styling lately- CHR, Aygo, new Corolla all great looking cars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭appledrop

Saw 3 Skoda Octavia 191 today. Obviously there is still a market for saloons. However driving home on motorway + looking around at all the Mondeo,Passats , Avenis which won't be on the roads in an other few years as no one buying these anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Every day I see a 191C Lexus CT200 in Sonic Titanium, which looks gorgeous. Maybe someday, if I’m lucky, the wife will let me drive it......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

191 BMW 8 series on the m50 . Not 100% sure I like the back of it. But need to get a better look at one

I think they don't look very special. Maybe it looks better in the metal but from the adds I have seen of it it looks very ordinary no real special styling like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini for instance.
    road_high wrote: »
    They do as long as they’re not poverty spec they are a very appealing looking car. Toyota have really up their game on styling lately- CHR, Aygo, new Corolla all great looking cars

Yes they have.

I never realised until today that the front of the saloon is different to the hatch and estate but they both look good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭sk8board

AMKC wrote: »
    I think they don't look very special. Maybe it looks better in the metal but from the adds I have seen of it it looks very ordinary no real special styling like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini for instance.

I wouldn’t compare the styling on an 8 series bmw to a Ferrari or Lamborghini, never mind it’s 2-3 times the price.

However, if someone here in an Irish context wants a GT car, and the €170k 911 is the traditional option, then just save €50k and get a top spec 8 series, it’s hard to beat I would think.

From my own perspective, I’m about to change and suddenly there’s a lot of nearly new 640d’s plummeting in value

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

191 D BMW X5 badged M50D on Shelbourne Road earlier. No reason to doubt its provenancevbutvthe M50D badge looks a bit odd.

Ms

Seen a 191 silver Fiat Tipo, a grey 191 electric Hyundai Kona and a black 191 Audi A5 today.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

appledrop wrote: »
    Saw 3 Skoda Octavia 191 today. Obviously there is still a market for saloons. However driving home on motorway + looking around at all the Mondeo,Passats , Avenis which won't be on the roads in an other few years as no one buying these anymore.

2 in my neighbourhood different class than the passat/modeo etc so still seems to be a market for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Seen a 191 Audi A3saloon 3.0 l on the n4 yesterday evening. Surely at that spec an A4 would be the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Seen a 191 Audi A3saloon 3.0 l on the n4 yesterday evening. Surely at that spec an A4 would be the way to go

It’s a 30 new Audi naming convention not a 3.0 litre. Probably a 1.6 litre 116bhp if it was followed by TDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭easyvision

MY OCD! It's SAW!! I saw not seen! To use seen, you need to say I have seen. I seen is grammatically wrong and doesn't even sound right! Rant over, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

easyvision wrote: »
    MY OCD! It's SAW!! I saw not seen! To use seen, you need to say I have seen. I seen is grammatically wrong and doesn't even sound right! Rant over, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Was in a Toyota garage today for a tyre kick, I'm not a Toyota lover but by god the new Rav 4 and corolla saloon are the first toyota in years I properly like. Corolla saloon is very like a car I cant put my finger on. Such a shame no diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Are the saloons in dealers now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

ofcork wrote: »

I think so - I saw a Dublin based dealer on Facebook inviting people to come down and look at the Corolla Saloon hybrid.

The guy was in front of one but couldnt really get a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

New model Focus in silver - quite likely a Titanium as it had the chrome finish around the windows etc

Do garages pre-reg cars at the end of Feb, Mar etc also, or is that just a January phenomenon?

Ms

Seen two brand new Ford Focus today. One was white and the other was red with a D reg.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

ofcork wrote: »

Yep my local dealer in the sticks had one lol so I'm sure they all do now. I was even surprised they had the hatch in it. Incidentally the hatch is actually gorgeous in the new red/maroon colour with a black roof.

• Advertisement

I saw a nice Audi A6 over the weekend, and just beyond the Audi was a 191 Hyundai Tucson

32264036697_a9d16e1a32_c.jpg

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I saw a nice Audi A6 over the weekend, and just beyond the Audi was a 191 Hyundai Tucson

interesting that it’s completely debadged - I thought it was an a8 at first glance.

Will also be interesting to see the Feb numbers for Audi and Merc - will their wltp woes continue. I assume all new Audi’s are currently automatic?

sk8board wrote: »
    interesting that it’s completely debadged - I thought it was an a8 at first glance.

Will also be interesting to see the Feb numbers for Audi and Merc - will their wltp woes continue. I assume all new Audi’s are currently automatic?

Well this A6 (2.0 TDi 204hp S-Line) was an automatic (S-Tronic) and according to MotorTax.ie it's at the €200 a year mark! I was thinking the WLTP wound have this higher, at maybe €390! I must research this WLTP a little more!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

191-D Indian motorbike thing in Trinity college this morning. Looked about the size of a Punto

Ms

191-D Indian motorbike thing in Trinity college this morning. Looked about the size of a Punto

Was it a Tuc Tuc? They were on Top Gear last night. Be strange one of them in Ireland.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Was it a Tuc Tuc? They were on Top Gear last night. Be strange one of them in Ireland.

Was the motorbike an Indian, or was it an Indian motorbike?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Haha, sorry - the motorbike was an Indian

Like this

7375421-0-38826811.jpg

Yet more carnage in Feb for Mercedes -36% (down 43% in Jan).
    why are Dacia -65% in Feb? a bit odd.

Tesla down from 19 in feb last year to 7 this year. The delays with the model 3 are telling. By the time it reaches these shores it’ll be a 4 year old design already too, and the Model S is starting to age.
    Lots of Konas selling though.

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭ongarite

Interesting stats.
    Saloon car segment is dying rapidly (down 25% YOY), can see why manufacturers are dropping them from their future line-ups.
    Jeep (SUV, X-over) segment only one growing YOY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

sk8board wrote: »
    Yet more carnage in Feb for Mercedes -36% (down 43% in Jan).
    why are Dacia -65% in Feb? a bit odd.

Tesla down from 19 in feb last year to 7 this year. The delays with the model 3 are telling. By the time it reaches these shores it’ll be a 4 year old design already too, and the Model S is starting to age.
    Lots of Konas selling though.

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Alfa Romeo down 100%

Advertisement