Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

191 reg cars...

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Here's the sales for this year so far, so someone is selling them!

No. MAKE MODEL 2019
    1 FIAT TIPO 104 73

2 FIAT 500 84 147

3 FIAT 500X 41 47

4 FIAT PANDA 19 31

5 FIAT 500C 8 5

6 FIAT 124 SPIDER 4 5

7 FIAT 500L 3 14

8 FIAT DOBLO 1

Agnelli Motors in Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24

http://agnellimotorpark.ie/fiat-cars/

I'm guessing that 103 of those Tipos are on rental company fleets for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

bazz26 wrote: »
    Adaptive cruise is not standard fit on the Audi range either which is even more ironic. Premium brands have always got away with charging for extras that were standard on lesser brands.

My wife was car shopping recently at the mid range category from 2017 upwards. We were struck at how loaded the traditionally non premium brands are compared to the premium brands. You never knew what you were going to see from one Audi or VW to another.

To us it makes no sense to stretch a budget to get into one of those and have little or no extras when you can get so much more value elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hurrache wrote: »
    Adaptive cruise is not standard fit on the Audi range either which is even more ironic. Premium brands have always got away with charging for extras that were standard on lesser brands.

My wife was car shopping recently at the mid range category from 2017 upwards. We were struck at how loaded the traditionally non premium brands are compared to the premium brands. You never knew what you were going to see from one Audi or VW to another.

To us it makes no sense to stretch a budget to get into one of those and have little or no extras when you can get so much more value elsewhere.

It's about the brand - people want to be in an Audi or BMW.

Now this thing of wanting the prestige car has been a thing for as long as I've been into cars.

The big difference is that in 1987/88 there was a really compelling case to want a Merc based on superior quality not just as a brand.

Now you want a Merc simply for the status and style

It's about the brand - people want to be in an Audi or BMW.

Now this thing of wanting the prestige car has been a thing for as long as I've been into cars.

The big difference is that in 1987/88 there was a really compelling case to want a Merc based on superior quality not just as a brand.

Now you want a Merc simply for the status and style

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's exactly it, is'n it. Going back years the Audi or BMW got you hell of a lot more, and a better car pretty much every time. Now the big gap in quality is not there and the equipment levels have flipped.

• Advertisement

That's exactly it, is'n it. Going back years the Audi or BMW got you hell of a lot more, and a better car pretty much every time. Now there big gap in quality is not there and the equipment levels have flipped.

In the 80s the entry level premium car would often be a bit basic equipment wise - granted the Swedes at Saab and Volvo would give you heated seats but apart from that basic enough.

But it was all about the quality of engineering and things like safety.

In 1989 it was totally normal for a Mitsubishi Galant or Nissan Bluebird to have more toys then a Merc 190 even though the latter more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭sk8board

May registration data is updated now:
    https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Overall May registrations up 5% YoY.
    The new 3 series seems to be selling well. BMW volumes are now level with 2018.
    All major manufacturers are down, but merc are still languishing at -30%.
    All those Opel corsas are must rentals, they don’t appear in any other month.

Hyundai and Nissan are monstering the EV volumes, accounting for 1450 of the 1900 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,517 ✭✭✭✭L1011

AMKC wrote: »
    Have Fiat stopped selling cars in Ireland? There is no website for Ireland but you can get one for Iceland, the UK or anywhere else no problem.

Fiat.ie still works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

L1011 wrote: »
    Have Fiat stopped selling cars in Ireland? There is no website for Ireland but you can get one for Iceland, the UK or anywhere else no problem.

Fiat.ie still works fine

That's good, cos it wasn't working last week... someone must have paid the domain again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

GeneHunt wrote: »
    That's good, cos it wasn't working last week... someone must have paid the domain again!!!

Glad I am not the only one to have noticed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

44ACJgy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

m17 wrote: »
    44ACJgy.jpg

Fine lookin Passat. It's a 161 though. Easy mistake

:D

Ms

GavMan wrote: »
    Fine lookin Passat. It's a 161 though. Easy mistake

:D

Eh I think its the Mustang that the picture was put put up for not an ordinary boring Passat. That's a very rare car on these shores the Mustang but I can think of an even rarer car that's quite nice too and more practical.

Anyone want have a guess to what it is?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I think Gav's sarcasm game is strong here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Eh I think its the Mustang that the picture was put put up for not an ordinary boring Passat. That's a very rare car on these shores the Mustang but I can think of an even rarer car that's quite nice too and more practical.

Anyone want have a guess to what it is?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/9VrsRNeA0SHcEeos1h/source.gif

Ms

Is there a 192 reg thread yet? Anyone going to start one?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Advertisement