Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Lake World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Not a single 100+ average and we are now into the final. How do some people honestly believe that a good number of these players would make the top 16 or higher in the PDC IF they manage to get through Q School?

They all want out, even their 2 finalist are going to try to leave no matter what the result. I've no idea how this tournament can be considered a success when the players don't even want to play in it again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Had a pint and a chat with both Williams and Durrant after their match last night. Both are really sound down to earth guys. Durrant in particular, was talking me about Bernie Slaven and the irish connection. Sound guy altogether. Both off to Q school tomorrow along with almost every other player from the BDO. Looks likely to be the last year at the lakeside, rumours its going to the Indigo arena in the O2 London.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

I've enjoyed watching the Lakeside this year more than Ally Pally. The commentary particularly from Paul Nicholson has been excellent with knowledgeable banter from Rawlins, Mason and O'Shea. They are miles ahead of Mardle and Harrington on Sky
    It was also refreshing to watch darts without the infantile 'YAYA, KOLO' and 'BORING BORING TABLES' chanting of the Ally Pally 'fans'.
    With the BDO lifting restrictions on its players going to PDC Q-School this year, if the likes of Durrant, Waites and Williams were to get PDC Tour cards it would seriously diminish the BDO but I would hate to see it go altogether.

As for the women's game, the Japanese winner Mikura Suzuki averaged over 90 in the final a great achievement from somebody who primarily plays soft-tip darts in Asia. Not many male pub players would get that average on the Lakeside stage.
    I hope we get a cracking final today with both players bringing the best out of each other. I think Durrant will edge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Not a single 100+ average and we are now into the final. How do some people honestly believe that a good number of these players would make the top 16 or higher in the PDC IF they manage to get through Q School?
    People have been saying the same thing for years now and yet alot of players have been making a relatively successful move over to the PDC.

I think the likes of Durrant and Waites could easily crack the top 16 with Williams not far behind them. Could see the likes of Mitchell and Unterbuchner being solid top 32 players with the latter having the potential for top 16 with time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Serious game of darts between two great players, this. Both players flinging in the 180s for fun on the most storied oche in the world.

Duzza 2-1 up but Scott Waites looks like bringing it level at 2-2. This could go the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Any reliable streams of this? I have Mobdro up and running but it's killing me, stop start every few seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

robman60 wrote: »
    Any reliable streams of this? I have Mobdro up and running but it's killing me, stop start every few seconds

http://cricfree.ws/eurosport-1-live-stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

robman60 wrote: »

It's freeview on quest sky channel 144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

And the Quest on demand app....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I've watched everyday on youtube, hasn't given me one problem.
    Lakeside World Professional Darts Championship 2019 - LIVE - Session 17

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Great tight game ! Averages very poor
    Hope somebody finally gets a 170

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Waites throw does not allow much room for error.

sc86 wrote: »
    Great tight game ! Averages very poor
    Hope somebody finally gets a 170

96 average is hardly "very poor" ?

96 average is hardly "very poor" ?

Waites is 90
    In a world final thats poor
    But then again both times he won he had less than that

Hope durrant finish the job now
    Hes streets ahead of the rest

Waites is 90

Great game you have to find a negative somewhere I suppose.

Waites is 90

Smith was 96 average against van gerwen in pdc final and he's a full time darts player, gaps not that big considering they're part timers. The fact they are quite evenly matched makes it enjoyable to watch.

100 averages are great but don't make great viewing unless you have 2 players that can hit them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah Jaysus Waites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Smith was 96 average against van gerwen in pdc final and he's a full time darts player, gaps not that big considering they're part timers. The fact they are quite evenly matched makes it enjoyable to watch.

100 averages are great but don't make great viewing unless you have 2 players that can hit them

Exactly, and the talk about how many would break top 16 in pdc...it’s hard to predict how much fellas could improve if they were playing darts full time and not working another job.

Was it just me or did they misspell hundred on the cheque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

No matter what though, Phil Taylor ave in final in 1992 should have been broken by now.

Great game you have to find a negative somewhere I suppose.

In my original post i said it was a great game
    Dont get your knickers in a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Was it just me or did they misspell hundred on the cheque

Did it say undwed? Think we all know who wrote that if so...

Hunred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Hunred

Well that just sums up the somewhat parochial nature of the event

Someone mentioned camera-work earlier in the week, when Durrant was interviewed on stage straight after, the fookin camera was pointed at his back!
    And yer man the anchor is pure brutal

Anyhow, pity Waites couldn't hold his throw in the last leg of the ninth to make it 5-4, but at the end of the day, just like MvG in the PDC, the cream rises to the top and Durrant is consistently the best the BDO has and deserved to win - good luck to them all at Q School

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They didn't even bother putting his name on the cheque either! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hunred

Oh for **** sake!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Does durrant get a PDC card or does he have to go q school?
    Was there a thing years ago where the BDO winner got a tour card if he jumped ship or am I raving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Does durrant get a PDC card or does he have to go q school?
    Was there a thing years ago where the BDO winner got a tour card if he jumped ship or am I raving?

Needs to earn a tour card

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

Not a bad game that. Good but not great.

Again Duzza got the bit between his teeth at 5-3. Waites gave it a good go and even right till the end was plugging away but was just too shaky holding his own throw. 7-3 is somewhat harsh but overall Duzza knocked it out of the park when it counted.

Durrant is a very worthy 3 in a row World Champion. Probably his best of the 3 victories this year. In his 6 lakeside trips he won 3 and lost 3 times to a finalist, 2 of which in a deciding set and one of them was the best Lakeside game of the decade if not the 21st century. You know people will sneer at him for emulating Bristow but its still a great achievement.

A very enjoyable tournament. For the first time ever I wasn't as excited about Lakeside going into it as I normally would be but it was really good.

Advertisement