Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty rear parking sensor

• 01-01-2019 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all
    Took a knock off a chap who damaged the back of the car.

He paid for the repairs in cash but repair shop missed a parking sensor that had been broken.

They are refusing to fix it so looking to do it myself.

Any idea how ming a job it is or where I could even get the part?

It's a 2011 Kia Sportage.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s very straightforward, the unit looks like this

A999-AC9-B-1-D3-A-444-C-B0-BE-D50-AF8-D829-D2.jpg
    And as far as I know, the section that the sensors is in isn’t painted anyway so plug and play. Unit is probably common to a few kias and Hyundai’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

How big a job and how costly depends on if the sensors are originally Kia or aftermarket. If original its only a matter of swapping out one sensor possibly by not even removing the bumper. Any Kia dealer can price a sensor for you. Keep in mind you may need to get the sensor painted also not all manufacturers supply them painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Thanks lads.

I 've been looking online but wanted to be sure to get the right one plus wasn't sure it it was plug in and play or was something else needed.

Probably best to remove the broken one first so I can compare.

It sits behind the bumper so don't think it needs painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It should poke out through the bumper.

Post a picture of it and we can advise you.

• Advertisement

Sorry looked like it was behing the plastic mould but you right it's just the same colour.

You should be able to swap this easily enough and you can buy the sensor off any Kia dealer ready to go as its not body colour. You might have to loosen the bumper or plastic splash guard if any to get access. I'm not familiar with this model. Either way it's not a big job. Price the part off Kia and and when you get the new sensor you will see how it's held in. Its basically held by 2 little clips which go over the 2 knobs on either side of sensor and just pushed in till they click together . Anything else you want to know just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

If they are anything like the Hyundai sensor they are over €100.

If you get a part number off the sensor you should be able to get one on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Hyundai/Kia parts prices are extremely high compared to their competitors, id be prepared for a shock if going to the dealer

Hi all
    Got a second hand sensor and plugged it in.

The car still alerts to a sensor missing and replacement sensor doesn't detect anything.

Is there anything that needs to be reset in the car after replacing the sensor or is it just a dud?

• Advertisement
Advertisement