Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nutri-mixer with frozen veg / fruit ?

• 01-01-2019 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭

I spotted a nutri-mixer on sale in Lidl this Thurs (https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14893) and interested though I have a question: can you blend frozen veg/fruit without having to wait for it to defrost?

As in literally open a frozen pack of vegetables and blend them as is without any preparation to them beforehand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

mrcheez wrote: »
    I spotted a nutri-mixer on sale in Lidl this Thurs (https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14893) and interested though I have a question: can you blend frozen veg/fruit without having to wait for it to defrost?

As in literally open a frozen pack of vegetables and blend them as is without any preparation to them beforehand?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Happy4all wrote: »
    yes

is it healthy to eat uncooked frozen veg considering the bacteria treatment is done under expectation that food will be cooked? Also would any mixer handle frozen food or should I look at a Nutribullet Ninja?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't do green smoothies, but I've had no issues with frozen fruit either in smoothies or in things like overnight oats that have defrosted.

Look at the wattage of the various options - the lidl website doesn't have it, but I'd reckon anything 700watts plus would probably do the job on frozen fruit and veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just an update. The Lidl one works like a dream, I recommend it fully.

3 year warranty too.

I'm enjoying some crazy concoctions that taste delicious. Yesterday I made one up of: frozen baby carrots, frozen spinach, coconut water, milled linseed. Stunning.

Only a minute to prepare too, just literally open freezer, throw in ingredients and mix. No chopping or peeling which was the whole thing that initially attracted me to it.

Advertisement