Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

You have to be careful as some people are very sensitive about AEW. The same way that tv ratings get posted when AEW wins but they don't get posted when NXT wins.

What makes me laugh is the same moany whinge buckets in here week in week in week out critisizing AEW.Really dunno why some people here even watch it!

No one who likes AEW gives a rats ass what people who don't like it think.Well anyone who isn't a mark anyway!

I think WWE is atrocious but don't go onto WWE threads slating it cause I know no one gives a fiddlers f*ck what I think!

Some people take this all way too serious.

It's cool if you love one company or both and in the long run it definitely benefits the fans if their are two strong wrestling companies and eventually WWE will sign AEW talent as that's the way the wrestling world works!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Say you don't like promos about ratings: "You're being worked! lol"

Mention AEW signing every former WWE wrestler/manager/commentator/agent/ring announcer/backstage interviewer under the sun:

3dvdso.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

You have to be careful as some people are very sensitive about AEW. The same way that tv ratings get posted when AEW wins but they don't get posted when NXT wins.

They've won twice (demo) possibly even before I was posting regularly on the board so apologies about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

How I wish AEW were as bad as WWE! Then I could just never watch it, and sit around waiting for the G1 each year.

But the fact that AEW can get things so bloody right, and almost immediately get things so bafflingly wrong, is the hardest part to accept. But it's also what keeps me coming back - the chance they iron out the nonsense and do more of what they do well.

It's the hope that kills you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They've won twice (demo) possibly even before I was posting regularly on the board so apologies about that.

Wasn't you I was thinking of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Brother the passive aggression between some posters in here is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,617 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just reading there that Jericho had not Idea who Eddie Kingston was when he saw his name down to come in for the TNT match with Cody
    He said the though he had heard the name before however that was Eddie Edwards he was thinking of.

According to someone on Reddit AEW will be moved to accommodate NBA for the following shows...
    TNT Programming Alert Week of August 17

Due to the NBA’s schedule, AEW: Dynamite will make the following shifts on TNT:

The Wednesday, August 19 episode will air on Saturday, August 22 at 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
    The Wednesday, August 26 episode will air Thursday, August 27 at 8:00pm ET/PT
    The Wednesday, September 16 episode will air Thursday, September 17 at 8:00pm ET/PT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    According to someone on Reddit AEW will be moved to accommodate NBA for the following shows...

Don’t worry they’ll still will win the ratings war. #demogods :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Some of those changes are rough. NXT Takeover XXX is also on the 22nd of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What could they do to counter NXT? It's 2 weeks from their next PPV.
    I know there are probably some who will say they don't need to do anything different, but I assume they will.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What could they do to counter NXT? It's 2 weeks from their next PPV.
    I know there are probably some who will say they don't need to do anything different, but I assume they will.

They honestly don’t need to anything at the moment. They’re winning the demographic war easily and nxt is a hot mess at the moment.

Actually you could be right as unlike USA, not everyone who watched weekly NXT would have the Network for Takeover.
    But at the same time, I was just trying to think what could be a counter. Can't really think of any big matches we haven't already seen that they would give away just before their PPV.

Long term it's hard to see NXT keeping pace with AEW, as long as talent keep getting called up to the main roster.

AEW could, in theory, build programmes around the likes of MJF, Jungle Boy and Adam Page for the next 10 years; Cody, Omega, Sky, Moxley etc., at least another 5.

Meanwhile NXT need to start from scratch what, every 2 years or so?

Put another way, imagine how hot NXT would be if it still had a cluster from its original stars (Rollins, Joe, Zayn, Nakamura, Balor, Steen, Charlotte, Bayley etc) mixed with the best of the more recent talent (Cole, Gargano, Ciampa, Lee, Shayna, Ricochet, Black etc)

Night 1 of the AEW Women's Tag Team Cup

Veda Scott on comms with Tony and both did a great job.

Ring announcer Shaul Guerreo.

Madusa introducing the tournament.

Two matches tonight and both matches were a lot better than I would have expected to be honest.

Brandi Rhodes & Allie vs Penelope Ford & Mel

Taynara Conti & Anna Jay who had the Whole Dark Order lead her to the ring. vs Nyla Rose & Ariane Andrew (Cameron )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Enjoyed that, Veda Scott was excellent on commentary, hopefully she gets to stick around in some capacity. Hopefully Anna Jay and Tay Conti go far, always good to see Madusa too.

The Brandi heel turn could finally be an angle people buy into with her.

The character who is utter deluded how talented they are, and riding a privileged position in the company to get ahead. You'd hope she can get good heat with this and eventually bump for one of the main babyfaces.

Basically Stephanie with a payoff.

Card for AEW Dark:

Gunn Club v Solow & Serpentico
    Jack Evans v QT Marshall
    Butcher & Blade v Private Party
    Abadon v Kilynn King
    Scorpio Sky v Will Hobbs
    The Initiative v Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela
    FTR v Brian Pillman Jr & Griff Garrison

Good night for Tony Khan as his other plaything Fulham are back in the Premier League.

Tay Conti always just seems so awkward in her entrance. Even with this, I wasn't sure was it part of her character that she seemed to be doing a half hearted entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Both those matches were surprisingly good for the talent involved.

Wyatt should take tips from Abadon. She is actually uncomfortable to look at.

She looks like something out of a horror movie. Bray looks like he got his mask in the pound shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WCW eat your heart out you're once saviour has returned

That's a rebound from last week.

The 12-man tag and the debate were both a lot better than I was expecting.

Only real gripe is the set up for Sky v Cody. I'm really big on Sky, and thought they were working on a slower build to the top with him. Seems way too early to feed him to Cody with just a one-week build, and on a show where you already have the tag team appreciation thing and Jericho vs Cassidy.

Also, if Sky has only been winning on Dark lately, they really should have had him win a match convincingly tonight while recapping his wins on Dark, THEN have him come out and challenge Cody. They'll probably give it a build next week, but I feel they could have carried more viewers forward by getting the ball rolling tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Eric Bischoff should be nowhere near a wrestling ring. Its 2020 ffs.

Orange Cassidy is a mid-card comedy act. No more, no less. Jericho really should know better.

Matt Hardy is the drizzling ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another cracking episode, the opening twelve man tag was an instant classic, much better than last weeks ten man.

Really enjoyed the Guevara/Hardy segment, Matt getting some juice added to it big time. Cardona & Rhodes/Dark Order was good and the main was really good.

Was great to see the Bisch back on TNT, the Super Wednesday Debate was excellent, Cassidy adding layers to his character despite some fans thinking he's very one dimensional. OC, MJF, Darby, Scorpio, the Elite and the Dark Order all ticking along very nicely, if only AEW would stop concentrating on all those WWE rejects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ricero wrote: »

Orange Cassidy is a mid-card comedy act. No more, no less. Jericho really should know better.

Matt Hardy is the drizzling ****s.
    Another cracking episode, the opening twelve man tag was an instant classic, much better than last weeks ten man.

Really enjoyed the Guevara/Hardy segment, Matt getting some juice added to it big time. Cardona & Rhodes/Dark Order was good and the main was really good.

Was great to see the Bisch back on TNT, the Super Wednesday Debate was excellent, Cassidy adding layers to his character despite some fans thinking he's very one dimensional. OC, MJF, Darby, Scorpio, the Elite and the Dark Order all ticking along very nicely, if only AEW would stop concentrating on all those WWE rejects.

you too are the exact opposite of each other both completely blinded by being fanboys for each company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Fully convinced Orange Cassidy will beat Jericho next week leading to a rubber match which at the All Out which Jericho will obviously win while putting Cassidy over.

Not a big fan of Moxley or Allin but must say I thought the match was fantastic and I love the chemistry between them both.

Brodie Lee has improved The Dark Order immensely and it's cool watching the Cult Cobana thing develop as well.Also Evil Uno and Stu Grayson are an excellent tag team!

Still don't see the big deal with FTR and it's starting to feel like The Elite are pushing themselves big time now as well as Cody which I'm not happy about at all.

Saying that I really enjoyed the 12 man tag team but thought the Cody/Cardona tag match wasn't great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ricero wrote: »

You're right, needs more Shane McMahon.

• Advertisement

Hangman heading to be the leader of the new Horsemen

Advertisement