Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It was a screen grab from BTE. Probably a fan:

EgnDpHBXsAAeAQM?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nice promo video to hype up two matches for All Out

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Excalibur back on Dark with Taz last night they were having great fun on comms.

Another solid episode of Dark and some progressing of story lines.

Renee has said not to expect her to turn up in 90 days as her no compete is a lot longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Big PPV the weekend and running unopposed..... a home run tonight for AEW woukd be vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great to have Excalibur back, him and Tazz were becoming an excellent commentary combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Big PPV the weekend and running unopposed..... a home run tonight for AEW woukd be vital.

Would have to be a disappointment for them if they don’t get over the million viewers tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think 800-900k is both show's ceilings right now. I'd be very surprised if they hit a million.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think 800-900k is both show's ceilings right now. I'd be very surprised if they hit a million.

Not a huge increase in NXTs viewers last wednesday unopposed. It would suggest very few over lapping viewers which is odd.

Will those who watch NXT tune in tonight? Im guessing AEWs increase will be bigger than NXTs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Considering how dominant she's been on Dark, how come Abadon hasn't been on Dynamite or got a title shot?

Serena Deeb in AEW now didn't realise she was also fired by the WWE.

The NXT women's trainer is a good add for AEW.

• Advertisement

A couple of mystery spots left for the battle royal so I wonder will the pull out a surprise signing.

With the Guerrero's there now and Aiden English is a free agent maybe he will turn up with a tag team partner and we can have Miro Day

What is with the production lately?

Two weeks in a row they've just let Jake and Taz awkwardly talk over each other, achieving nothing. The segment today descended into utter disarray.

The censorship on the swear words cut out large parts of the Omega FTR segment.

Last week they left themselves less than ten minutes to rush the main event, including a break. Then at the end the camera completely misses Orange Cassidy attacking Jericho.

I thought this wasn't a sloppy shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was a great debut for Rosa, really good match with Deeb, a more competitive match rather than a pure squash is a better way to introduce her for me.

Have really enjoyed the buildup to the tag titles match. Will Hangman turn on Omega and become the centerpiece of a new four man group led by Tully with FTR as the tag team and Spears as the midcarder?

Also very nice touch from Omega wearing the shirt for Hana Kimura.

Remember when Serena Deeb was fired from WWE for not living the gimmick? She was part of Straight Edge Society but was seen drinking.

Was wondering what they were leading to with Team Taz, then Lance and Kingston. Forgot about the Battle Royal. It got messy really fast.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering what they were leading to with Team Taz, then Lance and Kingston. Forgot about the Battle Royal. It got messy really fast.

All heels, half of them not even over, and just dumped in a segment together. The only babyface (Allin) had no impact on the chaos when he finally appeared.

Second problem is, does anyone in the battle royal actually have a realistic chance of winning a title match? Cage and Archer have losses to Cody, while Allin recently lost in a title match.

Kingston, Jake, Taz and Starks are amongst the best promos in the company, and they are completely wasted in this cluster-f of an angle, imo.

Add that to Cody being gone, there's just a real lack of coherent salesmanship going into this ppv.

How many Battle Royals have they had for title shots in the short time they've been around?
    Remember when they were on about win/loss and ranks?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not much of a battle when both shows getting 800k viewers is considered a big week but if I were AEW I'd really lean into fighting NXT off. Seriously take the piss out of WWE.

You just know there are plenty of thin-skinned WWE wrestlers who would take the bait on Twitter.

How many Battle Royals have they had for title shots in the short time they've been around?
    Remember when they were on about win/loss and ranks?

Credibility and urgency.

The Rumble is credible because the winner often goes on to win the title.

The Rumble has urgency because it's booked as the only way to get a title shot at Wrestlemania.

Has a battle-royal winner ever won the title in AEW? No credibility.

Are title shots handed out randomly when Tony Khan feels like it? No urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did they try censor the swears and miss completely? That's pretty laughable and amateur tbh.

Was an okay Dynamite, last few weeks were better. Could have done with a better Go Home show.
    Thought the Thunder Rosa match was alright, excited for the match though.
    Tag team story is probably the highlight going into the PPV

While Im sure All Out will be entertaining, the amount of stip matches is quite concerning. A tooth N nail match, a OC gimmick match, the main event champ cant use his finisher.... and they say WWE is overbooked.

I felt last nights Dynamite was a bit flat, like they took their foot off the gas. Nothing really made me want to order All Out based off last night.

Lets hope their show is better than the build.

While Thunder v Deeb was a grand match, a debutant shouldnt be going toe to toe in a match against a relative enchantment talent. Did Rosa no favors. Yes shes a capable wrestler, but is she a threat to the womens division.....she wasnt presented as one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah last nights episode and the line up of All out is a misstep. There isnt much beauty in that PPV lineup.

I can’t believe I’m saying it but I miss Cody already.

Hangman/Omega/Bucks is the most interesting thing
    They’ve got going. Then again when the promotion has Elite in it the title it shouldn’t be too hard to work out the elite will be in the best programmes.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While Thunder v Deeb was a grand match, a debutant shouldnt be going toe to toe in a match against a relative enchantment talent. Did Rosa no favors.

beakerjoe enchanted by Serena? :)

So what is a tooth and nail match? How was this match given the go ahead in the first place considering up until the attack last night Britt was still in a wheel chair for all we knew.
    Considering she's been one of the most consistently entertaining talents, why is her first match back on the preshow... sorry, I mean Buy in

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah last nights episode and the line up of All out is a misstep. There isnt much beauty in that PPV lineup.

I can’t believe I’m saying it but I miss Cody already.

Hangman/Omega/Bucks is the most interesting thing
    They’ve got going. Then again when the promotion has Elite in it the title it shouldn’t be too hard to work out the elite will be in the best programmes.

Hangmans story is the one Im most interested in. Main event making potential.

Im thinking this isnt MJFs big breakout, can't see him beating Mox yet and Im less interested as a result. I can see them having a decent brawl but nothing more.

Not interested in Hardys bout, feel hes past his sell by date character wise.

Im hoping Jericho v OC is nice comedy match though.

beakerjoe enchanted by Serena? :)

So what is a tooth and nail match? How was this match given the go ahead in the first place considering up until the attack last night Britt was still in a wheel chair for all we knew.
    Considering she's been one of the most consistently entertaining talents, why is her first match back on the preshow... sorry, I mean Buy in

To be fair, have a star wrestling on the preshow will hopefully get folk to buy the PPv after watching it.

Also damn aurocorrect

They expected too much of MJF I think. The whole presidential campaign thing was a bit of a miss, and the angle only really gathered steam when they went back to basics in the last week or so. Moxley is also a good promo, so having both in the same angle was concentrating their weapons, so to speak.

Outside of them, the better talkers, that they've used to get angles over, are either in the battle royal (Jake, Kingston, Taz, etc), or off the card completely (Cody).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Really not liking the mjf/mox at all honesty mox whole reign feud wise has been disappointing he’s had good matches and moments just feuds not been good for me

Yep would agree the hangman/omega/bucks is the most interesting storyline and so many different ways it can go

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Really not liking the mjf/mox at all honesty mox whole reign feud wise has been disappointing he’s had good matches and moments just feuds not been good for me

Yep would agree the hangman/omega/bucks is the most interesting storyline and so many different ways it can go

Mox’s reign is so lacklustre. He’s missing the star quality needed to carry a world championship reign like this.

He should have been the first TNT champion and build him from here.

As The Miz would say he lacks personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

928K for AEW this week.

sky88 wrote: »

Moxley does nothing for me tbh. I always thought he was held back by WWE creative but he just bores me. Moxley Vs the lawyer was terrible and the whole MJF campaign storyline has been bad. I do like MJF though.

I can't wait for Omega to get away from tags and hopefully be the star of the show.

I hate to say it because I was a big fan but Jake Roberts should only do pre recorded stuff backstage. He's been a disaster on a live mic the last few weeks.

Fair play to them for turning Dark order around. Thought they've been a joke since the start but have been great in recent weeks.

• Advertisement

Moxley does nothing for me tbh. I always thought he was held back by WWE creative but he just bores me. Moxley Vs the lawyer was terrible and the whole MJF campaign storyline has been bad. I do like MJF though.

I can't wait for Omega to get away from tags and hopefully be the star of the show.

I hate to say it because I was a big fan but Jake Roberts should only do pre recorded stuff backstage. He's been a disaster on a live mic the last few weeks.

I feel that one thing AEW lacks is a mega star personality. I know these days they are few and far between. Yes they have talented wrestlers, both in ring and the mic. That they dont have anyone IMO that has that mega star vibe yet.

Omega is a great in ring guy, no doubt. He has potential but he needs to go solo, lose the bucks and BTE and be his own man.

Hangman is their best bet at a mega star though, hes been booked so well and if done right, he can be huge he has teh presence and the in ring tools to be their guy going forward.

Mox is grand on the mic and in the ring but his charcter just doesnt do it for me. Very ine dimensional hasnt had a captivating feud since Jericho

Advertisement