Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Definitely! Omega and Hangman both going single and hopefully getting away from the elite could be brilliant.

Also hope Santana and Ortiz get away from the inner circle. Think they're being wasted. The whole inner circle isn't clicking for me. Just think Jericho only needs Hager in the bodyguard role.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Definitely! Omega and Hangman both going single and hopefully getting away from the elite could be brilliant.

In my little mind Omega turns heel decimating everyone Hangman goes away to sort hinself out. Or Omega puts him on the shelf.

Omega takes over, beats Mox and is dominant....Page returns and its one for the Title.

Hangman as a babyface and Omega as heel is the way to go, definitely. Hangman has to stay away from the elite though and be his own man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I know this has been a common 'take' for a while, hell I've probably said it before but honestly feel they made a mistake in not making Omega their top guy at the start. He was a massive deal just a few years ago. I know people were dubious of the Elite booking themselves too strongly but if there was any instance that they should have backed themselves it was Omega in my opinion.

I don't think he will ever be as hot as he was no matter how well done the story is (and inevitably will be).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i know the Elite is in the name but i agree that i feel the Elite need to stay away from each other, which is why Cody's single run has one fairly well since he's had very little dealings with the elite.

A few months ago i was thinking oh 100% Page would be the one to turn on Omega but now it makes way more sense for Omega to turn on Page. As said before have Omega turn beat the **** out of Page and write him off for a few months. Let Omega go full dickhead heel and cheat to win the title off Mox then build up to Page finally taking the title and put the rocket on him.

Still looking forward to All Out this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Omega hasn't near the promo to be a top babyface. I'll reserve judgement and see how he works as a heel, but as a babyface he has been dredful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The cleaner tease in BTE sets up for powerhouse Omega heel - and I am all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The cleaner tease in BTE sets up for powerhouse Omega heel - and I am all for it!

He's being listed as The Cleaner now on the Roster page for AEW's website as well

Is their anyway to legally watch AEW on an Xbox One.

I assumed Fite would have an app for it but no dice on XO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »

Dark is shown on Youtube, but for Dynamite, i'm not sure brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Might be of some use.
    Watch on Xbox One
    You don’t need to install an Xbox One app. Just download the mobile app from iOS App Store, Android Google Play or Amazon, connect your mobile device to the same WiFi router as your Xbox One, start the FITE mobile app and select TV Connect Wizard from the Account menu. It will automatically discover and connect to your Xbox One, and get you ready to watch on the big screen. For Xbox you’ll be prompted to install the Movies & TV app on the Xbox if it’s not installed already.
    Unfortunately Xbox 360 is not supported due to old hardware.

Maybe use a browser on the XO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Omega hasn't near the promo to be a top babyface. I'll reserve judgement and see how he works as a heel, but as a babyface he has been dredful.
    I disagree, I think he could deliver but all the same. It is still quite noticeable that all the single titles have been held by ex-WWE guys.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He's being listed as The Cleaner now on the Roster page for AEW's website as well
    I saw someone bring this up before weeks ago and apparently it's been like that for a long time now before a turn was teased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't watch BTE but I'm confused by the booking - last week Omega snaps now this week we're meant to feel sorry for him because his partner's head is gone? Like how do we expect this to go? Hangman fcuks up leading to them losing the belts, and Omega loses his sh1t and wails on him?

ThePott wrote: »
    I disagree, I think he could deliver but all the same. It is still quite noticeable that all the single titles have been held by ex-WWE guys.

Probably a smart move as all would be much more well know compared to the others.

I

There is a new Dark episode tonight on YouTube ahead of the PPV tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Delighted to see that Tony Khan has moved the Britt Baker vs Big Swole Tooth and Nail match from the Buy In to the Main PPV Card at All Out!

I still believe Britts one of the best things in wrestling at the moment so can't wait to see her return!

Also think Kenny Omega will turn his back on Adam Page and hand FTR the titles but am unsure if Kenny will align with FTR and Shawn Spears to become The 'New Four Horsemen' or whatever the faction will be called.

Might be of some use.

Maybe use a browser on the XO

This worked a treat. Looking forward to the show now, thank you dude

Loving The Butcher & The Blade just vicious.

Enjoying the Brandi and Allie stuff right now.

Colt and the Dark Order is progressing really really well

• Advertisement

As good as the Lucha Bros are they can be very sloppy at times.

Really like Silver & Reynolds of the Dark Oder

5 & 10 of the Dark Order there tonight as well.

The Dark Order are all pretty damn good wrestlers, AEW is slowly building a really good faction with them adding Anna Jay and maybe Tay Conti as well really does give them a nice mix.

A really good episode of Dark before the PPV.

I don't watch BTE but I'm confused by the booking - last week Omega snaps now this week we're meant to feel sorry for him because his partner's head is gone? Like how do we expect this to go? Hangman fcuks up leading to them losing the belts, and Omega loses his sh1t and wails on him?

As someone who knows just how good Omega can be, it's just so frustrating. And you've captured the issue here perfectly: WHAT THE HELL IS HE?!

Hottest act in the business, PWI's world #1 in 2018, and they have completely buried him.

As someone who knows just how good Omega can be, it's just so frustrating. And you've captured the issue here perfectly: WHAT THE HELL IS HE?!

Hottest act in the business, PWI's world #1 in 2018, and they have completely buried him.

Ah now they havent buried him. I agree he hasnt been booked great in some terms.

He had a good feud with Mox, but generally he isnt booked as a main eventer since.

Trent Barreta going toe to toe for 20 mins with Omega is an example of why hes not being seen as a top guy the last year. Barretta is an excellent wrestler, but hes a lower mid carder at best. Having Omega struggle to put him away, regardless of how good their match was, did damage to the perception of Omega as a star.

He should be running through Trent. How can I expect him to be the champ when he can barely beat a lower card wrestler.

That said, that can easily be remedied. A hot angle can change that and make people forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Everything in wrestling can change in an angle or match just look at Brodie lee from that Cody match

Brodie is still dire. The Bucks should have swallowed their egos and axed the Dark Order last year, just like Brandi did with her hair cutting cult thing.

On the plus side, Dark Order segments are near the perfect length to pack or unload the dishwasher.

Ah now they havent buried him. I agree he hasnt been booked great in some terms.

He had a good feud with Mox, but generally he isnt booked as a main eventer since.

Trent Barreta going toe to toe for 20 mins with Omega is an example of why hes not being seen as a top guy the last year. Barretta is an excellent wrestler, but hes a lower mid carder at best. Having Omega struggle to put him away, regardless of how good their match was, did damage to the perception of Omega as a star.

He should be running through Trent. How can I expect him to be the champ when he can barely beat a lower card wrestler.

That said, that can easily be remedied. A hot angle can change that and make people forget.

When you say "remedied" how high a ceiling are you setting for Omega? Do you really think he can get back near the top of the card with any credibility?

When you say "remedied" how high a ceiling are you setting for Omega? Do you really think he can get back near the top of the card with any credibility?

Anything is possible.

If WWE can make Randy Orton the top heel and make people want him, considering how stale he was a year ago.

All it takes is one hot angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think they kept Kenny quiet so that Mox and Cody could lead the first year. I fully expect Kenny and Hangman to take the lead over the next year but they could definitely be putting more care into how they get there with Kenny.

Advertisement