Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Anything is possible.

If WWE can make Randy Orton the top heel and make people want him, considering how stale he was a year ago.

All it takes is one hot angle.

I get what you're saying, but while Orton may have been dull, was he painted as a goof who couldn't bench press the bar, and struggled to put away mid card tag team guys?

I'm not sure a hot angle can overcome poor booking, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the schedule is:
    10pm - Red carpet Special Part 1 (youtube)
    10:30pm - Countdown to All Out (TNT)
    11pm - Red carpet Special Part 2 (youtube)
    Midnight - The Buy In (youtube)
    1am - All Out Main show (PPV)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, but while Orton may have been dull, was he painted as a goof who couldn't bench press the bar, and struggled to put away mid card tag team guys?

I'm not sure a hot angle can overcome poor booking, imo.

Up until Survivor Series Keith Lee wasnt really getting booked as a top tier man on NXT. One great showing at Survivor Series and hes on top, has momentuem and continued his rise.

No reason why Kenny cant do the same with the right booking goong forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Miro to appear via Twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Up until Survivor Series Keith Lee wasnt really getting booked as a top tier man on NXT. One great showing at Survivor Series and hes on top, has momentuem and continued his rise.

No reason why Kenny cant do the same with the right booking goong forward.

Not sure I agree. Can't buy the kinda steam he had when he left NJPW and they should have rode that lightning and smashed him over. But agree to disagree; I need to duck out of the thread as I can't see the ppv for a few days and am avoiding spoilers.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gee I do wonder what he has planned :pac:

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not sure I agree. Can't buy the kinda steam he had when he left NJPW and they should have rode that lightning and smashed him over. But agree to disagree; I need to duck out of the thread as I can't see the ppv for a few days and am avoiding spoilers.

Well its apples and oranges. Lee never had the momentum Kenny had I suppose. But thats a moot point, I feel that while its hard with the right hot angle Kenny can regain his fire.

I think Kenny was the one who sacrificed the most. I won't admit to being up on NJPW, but I knew the reputation and have seen some of his stuff.
    Then we got AEW and he seems to be the member of The Elite that isn't as quick to take the spotlight, even though he is a tag champ.

Anyway, is All Out AEW's Mania or which PPV would that be?

That is some scar Sammy gave Matt's forehead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is the preshow live on YouTube?

Is the preshow live on YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcsj9la55p0

They have Thunder Rosa's win loss record at 21-2. Would that include all NWA or are there other promotions?

To be fair an idea for an indy event that would pull 10k fans that happened two years ago this week has worked out very well.

I wonder would this had happened if Meltzer hadn't answered that fans question.

Moxley should shave his head (I'm currently watching the pre show)

Serpentico Must've gone for the end early or someone messed up somewhere there? Maybe Janella was out of it and didn't know to move?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Moxley should shave his head (I'm currently watching the pre show)

He's thinning on top. I can't talk either. But I have seen much worse. It looked bad when he had longish hair but he is keeping it short so I think it looks grand.

If it gets any worse he should bite the bullet.

Luthar is the modern day Festus.

This Tooth n Nail match isnt filling me with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Starting with a cinematic match is interesting would not have done that

Britt mustn't be fully fit as AEW go cinematic

• Advertisement

Britt mustn't be fully fit as AEW go cinematic

The match is clearly to get her on TV but protect her. Shes obviously limited.

Its not really cinematic, more backstage brawl.

At least they kept it short. Odd choice to kick off the show

Thought that was fairly poor tbh

Don’t know why you wouldn’t start with the tag match

Now this is an opener. Jungle Boy is so good.

Ill give AEW credit, they are trying their best to make me care about a match thrown together at the last minute.

Really good match, best match Ive seen Luchasaurus have. Both teams looked great and Jungle Boy was made to look like a tough ****.

Good tag match jungle boy will be a huge star

They should start to market Jungle Boy heavily for a teen audience, Use his late father connections to get some mainstream TV gigs

They should start to market Jungle Boy heavily for a teen audience, Use his late father connections to get some mainstream TV gigs

He is a future star. Sky is the limit. Hes so smooth and he always looks like hes reacting to moves rather than waiting for them.

He is a future star. Sky is the limit. Hes so smooth and he always looks like hes reacting to moves rather than waiting for them.

His father was was so huge in the 90's it is nearly forgotten just how big he was and how many young girls both his posters on their walls, Jack has that IT factor as well.

If AEW market him well they will draw that teen girl market.

• Advertisement

Chuck Taylor just annoys me for not looking like a wrestler, he reminds me of some slacker in Fibbers who works in Mackie Ds

Advertisement