Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Matt sydal/evan Bourne is a dickhead because he got popped for synthetic weed and immediately ratted out R truth and a few others but they were smoking the real stuff so it was a fine rather than a suspension.....

I've always thought that would have cost him in the long run but he seems to find original ways to **** up himself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Matt sydal/evan Bourne is a dickhead because he got popped for synthetic weed and immediately ratted out R truth and a few others but they were smoking the real stuff so it was a fine rather than a suspension.....

I've always thought that would have cost him in the long run but he seems to find original ways to **** up himself.....

He ****ed up what could have been a very promising NJPW run. His own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He ****ed up what could have been a very promising NJPW run. His own worst enemy.

Was he there before or after osprey? always felt like the gaijin Jr spot was his for the taking, he had the look, the dragon gate history, and he tossed it away for a bit of weed...... (which apparently is not that hard to get in Japan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

As a whole AEW has been a welcome breathe of fresh air. They arent perfect but they do more good than bad. They need to be supported.

That said their show was dire overall and its as open to criticism. Im mot gonna blindly an AEW fan boy who thinks everything is awesome when its not. I feel most matches on the card either failed to hit the mark or were booked poorly.

I paid my money to watch FTR v Hangman and Omega, specifically the progression of the Page Kenny Feud. Overall the PPV disappointed but it happens. Not everything can be a home run and I will continue to support them.

I am no AEW fanboy.Far from it and there is plenty they do wrong but it was not near as bad as some people are making out.

Just sad how people moan and bitch and then repeat themselves over and over.

Find it really pathetic being honest but each to their own.

I am no AEW fanboy.Far from it and there is plenty they do wrong but it was not near as bad as some people are making out.

Just sad how people moan and bitch and then repeat themselves over and over.

Find it really pathetic being honest but each to their own.

Full Gear, revolution, all there live PPVs with fans if Im honest were all sucessful and they were a breath of fresh air and all what mainstream wrestling needed, no doubt.

But Saturday was a bad show, in my opinion obviously.

Will I still support them.... you bet, AEW is needed. I want them to succeed.

If they give me more shows like that though I will lose faith. They arent above criticism. Saturdays show wasnt December to Dismember 06 bad but it was a huge drop in what Ive enjoyed about the previous shows. I call a spade a spade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time to sign Paul Ellering and his monsters Akam and Rezar once their 90 day clause ends.

His daughter is already there.

Time to sign Paul Ellering and his monsters Akam and Rezar once their 90 day clause ends.

Injuries aside, they are potentially great accusations. Cant imagine they wont be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You'll get the usual shouts of AEW just signing more WWE cast-offs, blah blah.....

But they would be really good acquisitions for me, hopefully they get on board!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You'll get the usual shouts of AEW just signing more WWE cast-offs, blah blah.....

But they would be really good acquisitions for me, hopefully they get on board!

I genuinely believe AOP would be an excellent signing for both AEW and AOP, AEW actually respect their tag division.

The Ex-WWE Cast offs only apply to people like Zack Ryder who is ordinary in the ring and isn't even shining now in AEW, despite people saying he would get over by himself without WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Middling to poor ppv.

The good:
    JE v Bucks, Women's title match, main event.

The meh:
    Tag title match

The bad:
    Battle royal, 8-man tag, Mimosa mayhem, Dentist office match

The inexcusable:
    Hardy botch

Few random thoughts:
    - why the f did Luchasaurus lemming himself into the crowd before the finish? Were either of the bucks near where he landed?
    - the only one to look good coming out of the BR was Will Hobbs, and no bodybags, snakes or thumbtacks were needed. Imagine that...
    - the Hardy botch was mostly on Sammy - pushed into him with too much force and carried both men past the tables. That's now twice he's nearly killed him?
    - why is Omega stropping off like a diva when he hits Hangman with a v-trigger, and Hangman took two spike pile-drivers to lose? Meanwhile Omega couldn't make the save because he got a chop block? Are they just trying their best to make this the least compelling angle on the show?
    - I actually thought this main event helped MJF look strong, and a step closer to their main event heel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Neil3030 wrote: »
    - why is Omega stropping off like a diva when he hits Hangman with a v-trigger, and Hangman took two spike pile-drivers to lose? Meanwhile Omega couldn't make the save because he got a chop block? Are they just trying their best to make this the least compelling angle on the show?
    - I actually thought this main event helped MJF look strong, and a step closer to their main event heel.

I agree so much with these 2 points, the Omega and Hangman storyline was the most interesting thing going into the PPV but they stuffed the payoff for the PPV angle.

MJF was booked very well in the main event, I'd argue the Battle Royal killed the ending of the main event but MJF will be a bigger start than Moxley in a couple of years time.

Oh I think MJF could be the biggest star in the business in a couple of years.

I really hope they don't break him and Wardlow up yet, and they spend some time building up an unbeatable aura before his next push at the title, helping get some other potential top babyfaces over in the process, e.g., Sky, Marq Quen, Jungle Boy, Trent,... actually they're a bit thin on the ground here. Most of their mid card are either heels, or in factions, or both.

Loughc wrote: »
    I agree so much with these 2 points, the Omega and Hangman storyline was the most interesting thing going into the PPV but they stuffed the payoff for the PPV angle.

MJF was booked very well in the main event, I'd argue the Battle Royal killed the ending of the main event but MJF will be a bigger start than Moxley in a couple of years time.

I always thought Mox was winning but there was some doubt. Archer winning telegraphed it waay too much.

Reagrding Sam to blame, it was an accident. It happens. But once it did happen its on management to stop it. The ref did her job, but some idiot thought they should continue. Wreckless

MJF isnt ready to be a main event heel, but the match raised my opinion if him. He did better than I expected.

Oh I think MJF could be the biggest star in the business in a couple of years.

I really hope they don't break him and Wardlow up yet, and they spend some time building up an unbeatable aura before his next push at the title, helping get some other potential top babyfaces over in the process, e.g., Sky, Marq Quen, Jungle Boy, Trent,... actually they're a bit thin on the ground here. Most of their mid card are either heels, or in factions, or both.

He is like a fresher version on the Miz with slightly better in ring skills. He is young and he can only grow. We need more personalities like him. Being around guys like Omega, The Bucks and Pac will only help him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »
    I genuinely believe AOP would be an excellent signing for both AEW and AOP, AEW actually respect their tag division.

The Ex-WWE Cast offs only apply to people like Zack Ryder who is ordinary in the ring and isn't even shining now in AEW, despite people saying he would get over by himself without WWE.

Well I wouldn’t go that far personally given they don’t even apply the most basic Rules of tag team wrestling. Hopefully FTR going forward can figuratively bang some heads together and get them doing it right within a modern presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Not great, maybe even not good. Too long for a subpar show. Too much build to TV stuff. I really enjoy most Dynamites and all of their ppvs up until this but it just did not land. That's not even mentioning the Matt Hardy stuff.

The more I think of it, if you just had Dustin v Brodie, instead of the 8-man fiasco, and then limit the stipulation matches to ONE of mimosa mayhem, dentist match or Sammy v Matt, and that actually would have been a fairly decent PPV.

Moxley v MJF
    Shida v Thunder Rosa
    FTR v Hangman/Omega
    Dustin v Brodie
    JE v Bucks
    Stipulation match

Would be a fairly decent card. Less can be more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The more I think of it, if you just had Dustin v Brodie, instead of the 8-man fiasco, and then limit the stipulation matches to ONE of mimosa mayhem, dentist match or Sammy v Matt, and that actually would have been a fairly decent PPV.

Moxley v MJF
    Shida v Thunder Rosa
    FTR v Hangman/Omega
    Dustin v Brodie
    JE v Bucks
    Stipulation match

Would be a fairly decent card. Less can be more!

its their wrestlemania isnt it? so try get everyone on the card kind of thing wwe does for big shows too

sky88 wrote: »
    its their wrestlemania isnt it? so try get everyone on the card kind of thing wwe does for big shows too

Wrestlemanias are usually where most feuds end. Nothing really ended here. Felt like a B level PPV. MJFs feud with Mox is over I supppse, as is Jericho and OC. But Omega and Page will continue for a few months at least, as will Dark Order v Cody and his crew, which are arguably their biggest feuds.

They hopefully learn a few lessons here and while I feel the show was more bad than good, it certainly wont put me off ordering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I would have considered Double or Nothing to be their Wrestlemania but I've never really considered what their 'bit Mania PPV' was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I actually was thinking of All in when I said that but forgot that wasn’t an aew ppv and double or nothing was their first official one

If we didnt already know that Dave Meltzer was in AEWs pocket his take on Matt Hardy is the nail in the coffin for me.

Dave spent plenty of time rightly calling WWE on their **** like Orton v Brock or Kari Sane last year with Charlotte (while defensing Rics daughter).

But when AEW **** up, suddenly hes not a doctor or wont comment cause hes not there.

Impartiality my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meltzer is a shíthead.

That Lana thing yesterday for example. Complete bollocks but it's chum in the water for his horde of losers.

Another Meltzy magic moment was last week he announced AOP will be back on WWE tv shortly possibly with a new manager and/or back with Seth. (Covering all bases right off the bat)

Then this week he said it was a surprising decision to release them just as they’re both cleared to return to the ring. No mention that just last week he said they would be back on wwe tv soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wrestlemanias are usually where most feuds end. Nothing really ended here. Felt like a B level PPV. MJFs feud with Mox is over I supppse, as is Jericho and OC. But Omega and Page will continue for a few months at least, as will Dark Order v Cody and his crew, which are arguably their biggest feuds.

They hopefully learn a few lessons here and while I feel the show was more bad than good, it certainly wont put me off ordering again.

Where they used to end you mean....now they're painfully drawn out for another two months for the likes of Backlash and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will they use Hobbs this week after his showing in the Battle Royal? He has been on Dark a number of weeks and hasn't won a match. And on the Saturday Dynamite losing to Darby.
    He eliminated the Blade and who else?

He is on Dark this week against a jobber anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When did they record this Dark since they had 2 episodes last week?

• Advertisement

Hobbs looks like a likeable guy, very happy go lucky. He was the only bright spot in the Battle royal for me.

Hopefully we see more of him.

Also hope Pentagon Jnr and Fenix get a good program. They've stagnated since Pac got sidelined. Two fantastic talents, I feel they should spilt and go solo, Face Fenix and Heel Penta.

Its also a pity Penagon lost his name. Damn AAA

Advertisement