Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hobbs is really sound. Had a brief chat with him yesterday. He's got a great (tragic) story too in that his brother pushed him out of the way of a bullet, getting killed himself to save Will. Monster face material there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hobbs is really sound. Had a brief chat with him yesterday. He's got a great (tragic) story too in that his brother pushed him out of the way of a bullet, getting killed himself to save Will. Monster face material there!

He gives the inpression hes very greatful to be there. Hopefully he can show more of himself, both in and out of the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hobbs looks like a likeable guy, very happy go lucky. He was the only bright spot in the Battle royal for me.

Hopefully we see more of him.

Also hope Pentagon Jnr and Fenix get a good program. They've stagnated since Pac got sidelined. Two fantastic talents, I feel they should spilt and go solo, Face Fenix and Heel Penta.

Its also a pity Penagon lost his name. Damn AAA

It does suck that he lost his name, but Penta el Zerro M was his name on the indies for a few years, there's chants and stuff with that name so he can definitely make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair a lot of the jobbers on Dark come across well to me.

To be fair a lot of the jobbers on Dark come across well to me.

Couldnt agree more, and to be fair AEW have a good knack of giving them further opportunities if they do well.

It does suck that he lost his name, but Penta el Zerro M was his name on the indies for a few years, there's chants and stuff with that name so he can definitely make it work.

Ah I know, its just Pentagon Jnr was perfect. It suited him so well. Im sure he will be ok without it.

• Advertisement

I really like jobber Tony Donati's Austin Powers style theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Ben Carter vs Ricky Starks was really good, huge potential in Carter!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ex WWE guy's first promo is mentioning glass ceilings and brass rings.

Straight from the TNA playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Much preferred Le Sex Gods = Jericho and Sammy to Jericho and Jake Hager! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ex WWE guy's first promo is mentioning glass ceilings and brass rings.

Straight from the TNA playbook.

**** that, he got (with an assist from Aiden English) himself over, and then had it violently yanked out from underneath him, because god forbid someone in the WWE get over by themselves without the "ALMIGHTY" Vince's approval, instead of letting him run with what was clearly a winning gimmick.

Then to be horribly bitched out in storyline by Heyman (because Vince really) while Lana ran off with Bobby Lashley.

Granted he's probably grateful for the money made during his time there, but sometimes you need a EUREKA moment to realise, hold on what's the point of making all that money, if I can't utilise my talent and what I've got on my hands here - i.e RUSEV DAY, crowds loved it, his merch sold.

Whatever happened to WWE trusting their talent, with some of Vince's/agents/creative input here and there? Instead of everything being so much more painfully strangled and micromanaged to death.

But hey, that's my 2 cents.

Just to add, the whole Ex-WWE guy thing is absolute bull****, considering one of the company's most successful stars in Stone Cold Steve Austin was picked up from ECW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It always comes off as small time though, wwe haven't done it since wcw days, they talk about themselves and everyone else talks about them as well........

Dustin rhodes is a ****ing boss though......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It always comes off as small time though, wwe haven't done it since wcw days, they talk about themselves and everyone else talks about them as well........

Well thats what happens when one company buys out their bankrupted competition, they control the narrative, history written by the victors and all that jazz.

Though it wouldn't kill WWE to focus on what they have in house, instead of hoovering up talent (and Indie promotions) to keep said talent out of other wrestling companies hands, maybe they wouldn't have so many ex-employees bitching about them.

Vince McMahon has been both a blessing and a cancer on professional wrestling in the United States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Miro's first promo was rubbish. Who wrote it for him, Ken Kennedy? Awful stuff.

It was like going out on a first date with someone and they keep talking about their ex.

Get over. Move on. Terrible debut.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sirmanga wrote: »
    Miro's first promo was rubbish. Who wrote it for him, Ken Kennedy? Awful stuff.

It was like going out on a first date with someone and they keep talking about their ex.

Get over. Move on. Terrible debut.

Agreed.

And looks like he’s going to be another midcarder comedy act. So much for pushing him as an unstoppable monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Miro coming out in PJs and dropping a horrific promo is perhaps the worst way he could have debuted. I'll take Matt Sydal over that ****e any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Saw the miro was all elite Instagram post and was delighted but watching his introduction was disappointing for sure

Rest of the show seems good look forward to catching it late

Ah Im delighted Miro is there. Yeah he had a woeful debut but he was more room to he himself and gain momentum.

I dunno who thought his debut would be a good idea in that form. Its not hard.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Miro is the type of guy who constantly was the most over guy on the Raw roster despite actively being **** on. Not even ignored like others, but actively worked against, to lower his hype.

He'll thrive in AEW.

I find it funny though, everyone giving out about his dress sense when he was wearing a $500 t-shirt :D

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Miro is the type of guy who constantly was the most over guy on the Raw roster despite actively being **** on. Not even ignored like others, but actively worked against, to lower his hype.

He'll thrive in AEW.

I find it funny though, everyone giving out about his dress sense when he was wearing a $500 t-shirt :D
    I know its one appearance.

But if you want him to be a star present him as a star.

hynesie08 wrote: »

WWE are doing it every week on NXT and they take pot shots on RAW and Smackdown regularly

Miro should have been number 21 and Sydal should have been the Best Man.

At least Miro is there now and without Lana dragging him down.

Jericho and Hager made Sunny Kiss look like a million dollars.

I want to see a feud between the Lucha Bros.

Dustin Rhodes for a 51 year man can still bloody go.

Cody has got himself a nice little earner on TBS as a judge on a US game show.

Those judges make some money if the shows are a hit and with Snoop Dogg & Rosario Dawson as judges as well.

Also starring in the new drama series Heels leaving the WWE really was the best thing he ever did.

WWE are doing it every week on NXT and they take pot shots on RAW and Smackdown regularly

Robert Stone is a Tony Khan parody. They are just as bad, just they try be more subtle.... emphasis on try.

The cream will rise to the top, Miro should have been the number 21 and won. Just don't have him go for the title shot straight away.

Presenting him in a Kip Sabian angle doesnt appear to be the best way to present him.

I hope Im wrong.

I would have had him come in with English myself.

There is plenty of time to let him get a feel for the place and have fun.

If they rush him to a title you will have same people complaining that he is just another ex WWE guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I don’t mind shots at each company if there good but majority of them suck

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

He’s turning on Kip surely

Miro is one of the best all round performers in the world however for whatever reason he froze last night and lost his train of thought.

Fans who write off wrestlers for a botch or a bad promo are just.........Checks language.

The worst kind of fans the same kind of fans that say every wrestler that works for another company that’s not WWE is a WWE cast off the same kind of fans that just don’t seem to get enjoyment out of wresting yet keep watching so they can complain on the internet.

• Advertisement

I couldnt care less who they push once its entraining and logical.

Miro had talent. Could have been a main eventer in WWE. Thats the differnece between him and the likes of Sydal and Cardona..... they never had that potential.

Advertisement