Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Funnily enough, I praise AEW for no fúck finishes above but tonight they've had two garbage endings for title matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Love it Eddie Kingston giving it to JR on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Fingers crossed The Murderhawk lands the title!

Wonder will Eddie Kingston cost Moxley the title especially since they made it no DQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Gutted Archer didn't win!

It's the hope that kills you!

Kingston such a great old fashioned heel that wrestling needs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did they really do a lottery to determine the fatal 4 way number 1 contenders tag team match.

I thought Wins and losses counted?

If WWE did something like that they'd be laughed upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I've more or less checked out from this promotion.

I used to watch Dynamite, BTE and Dark, each week, without fail.
    By the middle of this Summer I was down to just watching Dynamite.
    Last two weeks I've given Dynamite a go, but turned off around half way through.

Can't say there's a single character or angle I care about right now. If you'd have told me six months ago that I'd be barely paying attention to an in-ring promo segment with Jericho and MJF I'd have scoffed. But somehow they've managed to kill both of these guys.

A few (e.g. Ricky Starks) still have potential, but while they are part of this frenzied modern tribute to ECW, they'll get lost in the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I've more or less checked out from this promotion.

I used to watch Dynamite, BTE and Dark, each week, without fail.
    By the middle of this Summer I was down to just watching Dynamite.
    Last two weeks I've given Dynamite a go, but turned off around half way through.

Can't say there's a single character or angle I care about right now. If you'd have told me six months ago that I'd be barely paying attention to an in-ring promo segment with Jericho and MJF I'd have scoffed. But somehow they've managed to kill both of these guys.

A few (e.g. Ricky Starks) still have potential, but while they are part of this frenzied modern tribute to ECW, they'll get lost in the noise.

They need to be careful with the Jericho and MJF stuff, as there's a fine line between being entertaining and being annoying, and it's the latter I'm feeling when watching their segments.

I know that point is that we're meant to be annoyed by their evasive behavior towards each other but it's not generating heat for me; instead it's just making me switch off mid segment. The problem too is that you can tell that they think it's amazing and entertaining, so it's coming across as a self congratulatory circle jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cody gives me fast forward heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m only paying attention to AEW in a casual way but is the build looking like MJF joining inner circle and then him and Jericho feuding with MJF a monster heel and leader and Jericho Back as a face on his own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

The MJF joining the inner circle tease has been dragged out way too long. Either pull the trigger or move on. This week’s segment was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I’m only paying attention to AEW in a casual way but is the build looking like MJF joining inner circle and then him and Jericho feuding with MJF a monster heel and leader and Jericho Back as a face on his own?

That would make sense. Jericho is a genius when it comes to making others look good. He did it for Kevin Owens in WWE, so maybe he'll do the same things for MJF and give him nuclear heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I found this whole episode disappointing, maybe I overhyped it in my head.

Champion tournament names are incredibly arbitrary, especially considering their whole wins and losses matter schtick.
    The Tony/Britt segments was fantastic.
    Tag title match was solid as was the main event.

Cody/Cassidy was decent but I too am just sick of Cody. He has go away heat with me. Been assuming forever he was gonna turn heel as most have, he is bland and up his own arse at this stage, sick of the whole Nightmare family stuff.

Jericho/MJF segment was fine but it's wearing thin.
    Shida and Swole was nothing. I'm sorry AEW's female booking is still dreadful, barely anything has changed.

I actually loved Rusev in WWE but Miro is floundering. His new character is what exactly? Foreign Video game streamer? Why should we care about that? He looks rusty in the ring and this angle, if it even is one is terrible. I thought people were saying this 'Best Man' thing was meant to be like Mr. Perfect well considering his debut match and that he fumbled with the Accolade that gimmick won't work. They need to change course here or he'll quickly become irrelevant.

Wow.... Miro's gimmick is meant to be a Mr Perfect type one? That's a big ask, crazy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Kip's arcade machine was smashed? Can't have been working too well anyway since didn't seem to be any leads coming from it to plug it in.

how is Cody not a heel. I mean he's got a special entrance every time, which is a very heelish move.
    Then we heard they were going to try and avoid pushing the Elite so it wouldn't look like it was all about them.
    But we have that graphic above showing how most matches and victories were Cody, Kenny and Page.

Only catching up with the last few weeks of AEW.

Too bad Fozzy can't tour at the moment because I could really do with a break from Jericho. I'm skipping his segments and matches at this stage. Feels like he needs a filter and someone to tell him when his ideas are ****. I'd say Tony Khan just let's him do whatever he wants. The inner circle is **** and should be disbanded as well. I saw a stat that Santana and Ortiz had the most losses in the first year of Dynamite. They're being wasted.

Looks like Ben Carter signed with WWE. Shame because I enjoyed his AEW matches. Really hope they can get Thunder Rosa signed up somehow.

Glad to see more people on here turning on Cody haha. I can't stand him or Brandi. Brandi taking out the whole dark order with the worst flip I've ever seen a few weeks ago

Thunder would be wasted on that roster. She's of a calibre where she'd debut straight away on WWEs main roster as the gaps there are starting to be blinding. Asuka needs a challenger that's not Baszler or Jax and ditto who comes out of the Bayley/Banks feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Glad to see more people on here turning on Cody haha. I can't stand him or Brandi. Brandi taking out the whole dark order with the worst flip I've ever seen a few weeks ago

Several wrongs do not make a right. That could actually have been the moment I gave up.

Dynamite on ITV is drawing 5 times the viewers of NXT and 2 times the viewers of RAW & Smackdown on BT.

And double that of Impact which means Impact is getting the same same amount of viewers as RAW & Smackdown in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Free to air tv would trump a subscription based service though wouldnt it? but doesnt excuse WWE decline in ratings, havent they had like a ridiculously low live Raw number on sky not so long ago. Think it was like 3000 people down from a normal 40,000.

• Advertisement

Smackdown is on Free to Air TV in the States yet still only gets the same numbers as RAW on a paid service.

Sky would never have given up the WWE unless the viewing figures were really really bad and by the looks of it they are it looks like wrestling fans in the UK have fallen out of love with the WWE and are getting there wrestling fix with AEW & Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

All these ratings show is wrestling as a whole is struggling and it’s audience is declining but the what I would say is people like us who talk about wrestling online are drifting away from wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

People aren’t drop off in the numbers reflected in the ratings at all. A good chunk of those “not watching” are just watching via other sources

Dynamite on ITV is drawing 5 times the viewers of NXT and 2 times the viewers of RAW & Smackdown on BT.

And double that of Impact which means Impact is getting the same same amount of viewers as RAW & Smackdown in the UK.
    If we're playing billy big balls Impact YT subscribers dwarfs AEW's. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering where Allie was and it turns out she's suddenly gone back to being the Bunny the same way she suddenly stopped being the bunny.

I remember seeing comments online at the time of All In about people wanting to see Omega vs Pentagn Jr as they were 2 of the best in the world.
    Watching AEW now, you wouldn't really think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering where Allie was and it turns out she's suddenly gone back to being the Bunny the same way she suddenly stopped being the bunny.

I remember seeing comments online at the time of All In about people wanting to see Omega vs Pentagn Jr as they were 2 of the best in the world.
    Watching AEW now, you wouldn't really think that.

Hoping both Kenny and Penta get back on track with the tournament now tonight.

Looking forward to Penta vs Rey tonight, The one thing AEW really does well is it gives wrestlers time in the ring to tell a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looking forward to Penta vs Rey tonight, The one thing AEW really does well is it gives wrestlers time in the ring to tell a story.

Both are excellent and both criminally under used. But hey, they cant push everyone.

Fenix has the potential to be as big as Rey Mysterio, while Penta can be a top level bad guy if pushed similar to how he was in LU. Both could be huge stars if repositioned as so.

Big fans of both and Ive high expectations of tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hoping both Kenny and Penta get back on track with the tournament now tonight.

Id love some seeds to be planted for a Lucha Bros split. Though maybe its too soon after Kenny and Page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

seems to be lot crammed into the show tonight as youd imagine the tag match will get plenty of time

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1318954941969432576?s=20

Advertisement